ads pipe com
HDPE Pipe Installation is a critical process that requires proper handling to maintain high-performance levels. This article provides a step-by-step guide on how to install HDPE pipes properly, including the use of an installation stub and joining a replacement coupler.
Steps for HDPE Pipe Installation:
1. Lower the pipe into the trench either by hand or with a nylon sling for larger diameters.
2. Clean the bell of the receiving pipe and the spigot end of the connecting pipe.
3. Apply a suitable gasket lubricant to the bell and gasket.
4. Align and lubricate the pipes and assemble them with the backhoe and sling method.
5. Use an installation stub to avoid damage to the bell and provide a solid point to apply pressure during assembly.
6. Shorten the pipe on the job site by cutting it to the desired length.
7. Join a replacement coupler or fitting on the shortened pipe using a double bell and two gaskets.
8. Create a homing mark on the pipe to align with the bell of the replacement coupler or fitting.
9. Clear away bedding and backfill around and under the joint area when joining a fitting or replacement coupler to pipe in the trench.
10. Inspect the joint during and following assembly for possible improper alignment, foreign matter infiltration, or a rolled gasket.
Proper HDPE pipe installation is crucial to maintain high-performance levels. Following these steps and using an installation stub and replacement coupler can ensure joint integrity and avoid damage to the bell. Always inspect the joint during and following assembly to prevent compromise of joint integrity.
Unloading ADS Pipe! (Time Lapse)
The article discusses the importance of being mindful when making financial decisions, especially when it comes to borrowing money for unnecessary expenses. It highlights a personal experience where the author was able to save money by making a smarter financial decision.
- Don't let emotions drive financial decisions
- Borrowing money can lead to overspending and unnecessary debt
- Being patient and doing research can lead to finding better deals and saving money
- Using cash or writing a check can help control spending and prevent unnecessary debt
- Mindful spending can lead to financial freedom and a stress-free life
It's important to take a step back and evaluate the true necessity of a purchase before borrowing money or overspending. Being mindful of our financial decisions can lead to a more secure financial future and less stress in the long run.
French Drain Installation From Advanced Drainage Systems
Advanced Drainage Systems: How to Install a French Drain
Advanced Drainage Systems (ADS) is the world's largest manufacturer of corrugated high-density polyethylene drainage pipe. As a homeowner, it is essential to manage rainwater around your property to prevent excessive pooling or flooding. Installing a French drain is an effective way to achieve this.
- Inlet grate
- Filter fabric
- Inlet structure
- Tea or elbow fitting
- Basin or perforated pipe with an end cap
- Riser extension pipe
- Outlet fittings
- Perforated pipe (corrugated or triple wall)
Steps to Install a French Drain:
1. Contact your local utility notification center to mark any underground utility lines.
2. Excavate a trench from the inlet to the outlet point.
3. Determine the type of inlet fittings and size of pipe needed for your project.
4. Lay filter fabric into the trench as an additional filter.
5. Place and compact crushed stone as bedding for the pipe and inlet structure.
6. Connect the inlet structure and pipe and install the inlet grate.
7. Make necessary fittings or coupler connections to reach the designated outlet point.
8. Lay the length of the pipe into the trench and backfill with crushed stone up to six inches above the crown of the pipe.
9. Lay filter fabric on top of the stone backfill to prevent the migration of fines.
10. Backfill and compact the topsoil as necessary.
11. Inspect and clean the system periodically to extend its life and effectiveness.
Controlling rainwater around your property is critical to prevent hazards and maintain an appealing lawn. Installing a French drain is a great way to manage rainwater effectively. ADS offers various drainage solutions, including French drains, to ensure proper drainage around your home and lawn.
BEST GLUE for HDPE DRAIN PIPE
In this article, we will be discussing the best glue for connecting drainage pipes made of HDPE to other materials like PVC and ABS. We will also cover the different types of glues available in the market and their pros and cons.
Types of Glues:
1. Rubber Cement - This glue is not recommended as it never really hardens and leaves joints flexible.
2. Root Band - This glue has a chemical in it to scare away roots, but it's unnecessary if the joint is strong enough.
3. Od PVC White Glue - This is a winning combination when connected to HDPE using ABS to PVC transition cement and purple primer.
4. Od PVC Black Glue - This is only for ABS, but it works for PVC and HDPE as well when using purple primer.
1. Connecting Pipe to Pipe - Use purple primer on the inside and put a generous amount of green glue on the outside.
2. In the Trenches - Use sandpaper to keep burrs small and melt the HDPE a little first before applying green glue.
In conclusion, we have found that using od PVC white glue with ABS to PVC transition cement and purple primer is the best combination for connecting HDPE drainage pipes to other materials. We have also discovered that many glues in the market are unnecessary and can be a waste of money. Always make sure to use sandpaper to keep burrs small and wait for the glue to set up before use.
Advanced Drainage Systems - 50+ Year History of Innovation
At the recent Wisconsin Farm Tik Days Farm Show, we had the opportunity to speak with Advanced Drainage Systems about their innovative solutions to the drainage issues that plague farm country. Advanced Drainage Systems was established in 1966 and brought the practice of agricultural drainage into the United States with plastic tubing, replacing clay or concrete tile. Since then, they have continued to innovate and introduce new products to the market.
Products and Solutions:
- Introduced Maxi's and Dual Wall (N12) pipes to the market
- Developed HP pipe for deeper or shallower burial depths, usable with native backfill material
- Manufacture and carry HP lift stations, fabricated tees, and Serta tees for water management in agriculture drainage
- End goal of drainage is to lower water table, decrease water saturation in soil, increase root growth, and increase air in soil to increase yield on field
ROI and Expert Advice:
- ROI on drainage tile varies greatly depending on location and other factors
- It's important to sit down with an ADS expert to determine the potential ROI on your particular property
- ADS has 50+ manufacturing facilities and distribution yards throughout the US and neighboring countries, making them easily accessible to all customers
- ADS strives to be a water management solutions provider
- Their trucking fleet and customer service is focused on quality and sustainability
- ADS is the sixth largest recycling company in North America, keeping over 400 million pounds of plastic out of landfills annually
- Contact customer service center or fill out online form on their website to speak with an ADS industry expert or engineer for technical data or to inquire about new products in the market.
How Its Made: Corrugated Polyethylene Pipe
Drainage pipes are an essential part of many industries, as well as municipal infrastructure. These pipes prevent streets from flooding during heavy rain, and forestry companies use them as culverts when building logging roads over streams. One common material used for pipes is high-density polyethylene (HDPE) plastic.
- Three types of HDPE pellets are combined in varying proportions, depending on the pipe's intended use.
- The pellets are heated to about 230 degrees Celsius and melted into a thick liquid in the extruder.
- The liquefied HDPE is injected into the corrugator, a mold whose cavity is in the shape of corrugated pipe.
- A cooling system hardens the plastic just enough to set the shape, enabling the pipe to be extracted from the mold.
- The pipe passes through a cold water shower, which hardens the plastic completely.
- The perforator punches holes around the circumference, making the pipe lighter and allowing water to enter and drain out continually.
- The pipe is wrapped in a filter cloth made of polyester to prevent soil from clogging the holes.
- The pipe is covered in plastic stretch wrap for protection during transportation and storage.
Types of Pipes:
- Corrugated polyethylene pipe has a corrugated shape and is lighter in weight.
- Double wall pipe has a corrugated outside wall and a smooth inside wall, allowing water to flow more efficiently.
- Samples from every production run go through several quality control tests.
- The compression strength test ensures the pipe won't buckle under the weight of the earth above it.
High-density polyethylene pipe may be lightweight compared to cement pipe, but it is equally resistant to pressure, chemicals, and abrasion. The manufacturing process involves several steps, including mixing the pellets, heating and melting them, and punching holes for drainage. Quality control tests ensure the pipes meet safety and durability standards. Drainage pipes are essential to many industries, and the use of HDPE plastic offers many benefits.
086 | Delivering 1,000 lb rolls of pipe to the MIDDLE of a FIELD! | Advanced Drainage Systems
In this article, we will be discussing a delivery made by a driver for ADS, who has to drop off four rolls of four-inch pipe in a field in Ohio. The driver will describe his experience and the process of unloading and organizing the pipes.
- The driver had to locate the intersection of a road and 300 to find the field where he had to drop off the pipes.
- The field was dug up, and the driver had to make sure he didn't pass it.
- The driver had to make sure to line up the pipes in an organized way, and not just throw them off the trailer.
- The rolls of pipe weighed a thousand pounds each, and the driver had to unstrap each one and roll it off the back of the trailer.
- Farmers used machines to pick up the pipes and dig holes while laying the pipe.
- The driver had to be careful while pushing the pipes and keep the momentum going.
- A farmer or helper showed up with a tractor to help the driver unload the rest of the pipes.
- The driver used a strap winder to wind up the straps and stack them in a side box.
- The driver also knocked off clumps of mud from the tires before getting back on the road.
In conclusion, delivering pipes to a field in Ohio can be a tricky and challenging process. The driver had to make sure to line up the pipes in an organized way and be careful while pushing them. The use of machines by farmers to pick up and lay the pipes was fascinating. The driver also shared a useful tip about using a strap winder to wind up the straps quickly. Overall, it was a successful delivery for ADS.