allrecipes pop up ads
Are you a bacon lover? If so, then this bacon explosion recipe is a must-try for you! Submitted by all recipes member Gumby 101, this recipe is sure to satisfy your bacon cravings. However, remember that moderation is key when indulging in this delicious treat. So, let's get started on making this mouthwatering dish!
Step 1: Preparing the Bacon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place a cooling rack inside a baking sheet lined with foil.
- If you prefer using a smoker, preheat it to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take two pounds of thick-cut bacon. Reserve half a pound for later use.
- Line five to six slices of bacon on a large piece of parchment paper.
- Lift every other piece of bacon and lay another piece straight across.
- Replace the lifted bacon and lift the alternating pieces.
- Continue this weaving pattern to create a lattice of bacon strips.
- Sprinkle the bacon with one teaspoon of dry barbecue spice rub.
Step 2: Cooking the Bacon
- Take the reserved half a pound of bacon and cook it in a large skillet over medium-high heat until evenly browned (5 to 7 minutes per side).
- Drain the cooked bacon on paper towels and let it cool.
- Lightly chop or crumble the bacon and set it aside.
Step 3: Preparing the Sausage
- Place two pounds of bulk pork sausage in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Shake the bag to flatten the sausage into a square shape similar to the woven bacon.
- Cut open the bag and peel away the plastic.
- Place the shaped sausage over the bacon.
- Sprinkle the sausage with the crumbled bacon and one cup of finely shredded cheddar cheese.
- Top with two thinly sliced green onions and four minced garlic cloves.
- Drizzle with 3/4 of an ounce bottle of barbecue sauce.
- Sprinkle with two more teaspoons of dried barbecue spice rub.
Step 4: Rolling and Cooking
- Roll the woven bacon tightly around the sausage to form a loaf.
- Place the loaf seam side down on a prepared baking sheet or inside the smoker.
- Bake in the preheated oven for one hour. You can tent the loaf loosely with foil to prevent splattering and burning.
- After one hour, remove the loaf from the oven and brush with the remaining barbecue sauce.
- Place it back in the oven and continue to cook until it is no longer pink inside and reaches an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit (around 30 minutes).
- Allow the roast to rest for 30 minutes before slicing. This will allow the bacon to crisp up.
- Enjoy the bacon explosion on its own or sandwiched between halves of freshly baked buttermilk biscuits. It pairs well with a side of green salad.
There you have it, a bacon explosion recipe that will surely satisfy your bacon cravings. Just remember to enjoy it in moderation. Whether you choose to eat it on its own or as a sandwich, this dish is bound to be a hit. So, why not give it a try and indulge in the deliciousness of bacon? Enjoy!
How to Make Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast | Allrecipes.com
Are you in the mood for a comforting and delicious dinner? Look no further than Murray's Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast. This tried and true recipe has been praised by Allrecipes member HawaiiMonde as the perfect pot roast. Let's dive into the details of this mouthwatering dish and how you can recreate it in your own kitchen.
Steps to Make Murray's Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast:
1. Heat a large skillet over high heat and add two to three tablespoons of olive oil. This step helps deepen the flavor of the beef, so don't skip it.
2. Look for a well-marbled four-pound chuck roast, as this will ensure a tender and juicy result. Sprinkle salt and pepper all over the roast.
3. Sear the roast on all sides until it turns a nice, brown color. This adds a delicious crust to the meat.
4. Once the roast is thoroughly browned, remove the skillet from heat and transfer the roast to your slow cooker.
5. Add one packet of dry onion soup mix and one cup of water (or substitute with low sodium beef broth or burgundy wine for a fuller flavor).
6. Chop three carrots into 2-inch pieces and one onion. No need to peel the carrots if they've been washed. Add them to the slow cooker.
7. Peel and cut three potatoes into pieces. Yukon Gold or red potatoes work best as they hold their shape better. Add them to the slow cooker as well.
8. Finely chop one stalk of celery and throw it into the mix.
9. Cover the slow cooker and cook the roast on the low setting for eight to ten hours. Don't rush this step, as the chuck roast needs the full cooking time to become fork-tender.
10. After the long wait, it's time to call everyone to the table for a treat. They won't be disappointed by the delectable aroma and tender meat that awaits them.
Murray's Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast is a winner in the kitchen. With its simple steps and flavorful ingredients, this recipe guarantees a comforting and satisfying meal. So why not give it a try and enjoy the succulent goodness of a perfectly cooked pot roast? Your taste buds will thank you.
11 Ways to Save Money This Thanksgiving | Thanksgiving Tips & Recipes | Allrecipes.com
Saving Money at the Grocery Store: Tips and Tricks for the Holiday Season
Between inflation and food shortages, grocery bills are at an all-time high. This has many of us worried about the upcoming holiday season. But fear not! I have some tips and tricks to help you save money at the grocery store. Plus, I'll share some delicious recipes to add to your holiday menu. Let's get started!
1. Get Your Turkey Now:
- Buy your turkey now or the week of Thanksgiving. It's likely harvested at the same time and comes frozen.
- If the turkey is too expensive or unavailable, try an alternative. Turkey tenderloins, cornish game hens, whole chickens, or even barbecue or steak are all great options.
2. Easy Cheats for Thanksgiving:
- Make ahead gravy: Use turkey wings to create a delicious turkey stock and gravy. No turkey required!
- Cranberry sauce: Pick up cranberry sauce in a can and add some orange zest for a homemade touch.
3. Try Something New:
- Embrace change and start new traditions. Look into what other people are doing for their Thanksgiving dinners.
- Italian sausage and rice: A cheap and easy side dish that's sure to be a hit.
4. Buy Groceries on Sale:
- Stock up on sale items and freeze them for later use.
- Freeze fresh green beans for a better value and taste compared to canned or frozen options.
- Boil and slice sweet potatoes when they're on sale, then freeze for easy meal prep.
5. Use Dried Herbs:
- Dried herbs are a more affordable option than fresh ones. Crush them finely for better flavor distribution.
- Poultry seasoning is a great all-in-one herb blend for Thanksgiving dishes.
- Keep fresh parsley on hand to add a fresh taste and vibrant color to your dishes.
6. Shop Smart:
- Check weekly ads and shop at discount grocery stores for the best deals.
- Discount stores like Aldi offer affordable options, including organic products.
With these money-saving tips and tricks, you can enjoy a delicious and budget-friendly holiday season. Don't let high grocery bills dampen your spirits. Get creative, try new dishes, and embrace the joy of cooking and sharing a meal with loved ones. Happy holidays!
How to Make a Breakfast Casserole | Casserole Recipe | Allrecipes.com
This recipe for making a hearty breakfast casserole was submitted by Allrecipes member Shannon Murray. She claims that this is a must-do for every holiday in her household or just when she has guests staying overnight. It's an easy-to-make breakfast casserole that can be prepared the night before and popped in the oven for breakfast.
To start, thaw a 10-ounce package of frozen chopped spinach. Drain the spinach in a colander and press it dry. Next, drain a 4.5-ounce can of mushrooms and chop them. Set aside the vegetables for now.
Grease a 9 by 13-inch baking dish. Spread 2.5 cups of seasoned croutons on the bottom of the dish. Note that using cubed stuffing mix works well too. In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown 1 pound of spicy pork sausage. Drain off the excess fat and spread the sausage over the croutons.
In a large bowl, crack 4 eggs. Add 2.25 cups of milk and whisk the mixture until well blended. Then, add a 10.75-ounce can of condensed cream of mushroom soup, the spinach, the mushrooms, 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese, 1 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese, and 0.25 teaspoons of dry mustard. Stir everything together.
Pour the egg mixture into the baking dish over the sausage and croutons. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate it overnight.
The next morning, all the work is done. Simply preheat the oven to 325 degrees and bake the casserole for 50 to 55 minutes. It should be set and lightly browned on top when it's done. Garnish the casserole with fresh parsley and serve it hot. As one Allrecipes member raves, YUM! It has all the great breakfast ingredients thrown into one casserole. Other members suggest that you can feel free to play with this recipe by substituting some of your favorite ingredients like bacon, sautéed onions, broccoli, or Swiss cheese.
In conclusion, this breakfast casserole is a delicious and convenient option for any holiday or when hosting overnight guests. It's easy to prepare ahead of time and can be customized to suit your preferences. Give it a try and enjoy a hearty and satisfying breakfast!
How to Barbeque Ribs - Allrecipes
In this article, we will explore a simple way to prepare BBQ ribs using a charcoal grill. We will discuss the ingredients and steps involved in making delicious and juicy ribs. So, grab your apron and let's get started!
Step 1: Preparing the Dry Rub
- Mix a tablespoon each of chili powder and paprika together in a bowl.
- Add salt, pepper, and any other desired spices to taste.
- Sprinkle the dry rub generously on both sides of the ribs.
- Pat the ribs dry with paper towels to remove any excess moisture.
Step 2: Preparing the Charcoal Grill
- Fire up your charcoal grill and let it heat until the coals turn red hot.
- Place the ribs on the grill, bone-side down, over indirect heat.
- Close the grill lid and let the ribs cook slowly for about three hours.
Step 3: Adding BBQ Sauce
- After three hours, brush the ribs with your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Flip the ribs and brush the other side with the sauce as well.
- Close the grill lid and cook for an additional 30 minutes to allow the sauce to caramelize.
Step 4: Resting and Serving
- Remove the ribs from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes.
- Transfer the ribs to a cutting board and slice them into individual portions.
- Serve the ribs with extra BBQ sauce on the side and enjoy!
Preparing BBQ ribs on a charcoal grill is a simple and flavorful way to enjoy this classic dish. By following these steps, you can create juicy and tender ribs that will be a hit at any gathering. So, fire up your grill, gather your ingredients, and get ready to indulge in some mouthwatering ribs. Happy grilling!
Easy Lasagna Roll Ups With Meat - Make Ahead | Freezer Friendly
Hey everyone, it's Natasha from natashaskitchen.com! Today, I'm going to teach you how to make lasagna roll-ups. These roll-ups have all the amazing flavors of traditional lasagna, but they're way easier to serve. Let's get started!
- First, cook 12 lasagna noodles according to the package instructions. Fill a large pot with water and add about three tablespoons of salt. Once the water is boiling, add the noodles one at a time to prevent sticking. Add a few extra noodles in case some break while cooking. Stir occasionally.
- While the noodles are cooking, let's start on the meat sauce. Heat a deep pan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat with a tablespoon of olive oil. Add a pound of lean ground beef and cook for about two minutes, breaking it up with a spatula until it's no longer pink. Then, add 1/2 cup of diced onions and cook for about three minutes or until softened.
- Next, add three minced garlic cloves, a teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of oregano. Sauté for another minute until the garlic is fragrant. Add 24 ounces or three cups of classic marinara sauce. Bring to a simmer and turn off the heat.
- Once the noodles are al dente, drain off the hot water and fill the pot with cold water to stop the cooking process and prevent sticking.
- Now, let's make the cheese sauce. In a mixing bowl, combine 15 ounces of ricotta cheese, 1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, one large egg, and 1/4 cup of freshly chopped parsley. Stir until well combined.
- To assemble the roll-ups, use a nonstick baking sheet. Arrange the first batch of noodles in a single layer. Spread 1/4 cup of the cheese sauce over each noodle. Add a heaping tablespoon of meat sauce down the center of each noodle. Roll the noodles semi-tightly.
- In a 9x13 casserole dish, spread about 1/2 cup of meat sauce over the bottom to prevent sticking. Transfer the roll-ups into the dish in a single layer. Spread the remaining meat sauce evenly over the roll-ups. Sprinkle on the remaining 1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cover the top with foil and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 40 minutes. Remove the foil and broil for two to three minutes until the cheese is lightly golden.
- Sprinkle some fresh parsley on top for a pop of color and flavor. Now, it's time to dig in and enjoy!
This lasagna roll-up recipe is so easy and delicious. The layers of beef, cheese sauce, and melted cheese create a moist and flavorful dish. It's perfect for lunch or dinner, and you don't have to wait for it to set like traditional lasagna. Give it a try and let us know what you think! Don't forget to subscribe to our channel for more tasty recipes.
Make 5 Cabbage Dishes from 1 Head of Cabbage | Cabbage Soup, Cabbage Rolls, Cabbage Pancakes & More!
Cabbage: Underrated and Inexpensive!
Cabbage is a vegetable that is often overlooked, but it is actually quite versatile and budget-friendly. In this article, I will share my favorite ways to prepare and enjoy cabbage. From classic cabbage soup to stuffed cabbage rolls, there are plenty of delicious options to explore.
1. Old School Cabbage Soup:
- Use about half to a third of a cabbage, as it will shrink when cooked.
- Brown beef stew meat in a Dutch oven.
- Add onion, celery, Greek seasoning, beef bouillon, chicken broth, and tomatoes.
- Simmer for 1.5 hours until the meat is tender.
- Shred the beef and serve with sour cream and parsley.
2. Stuffed Cabbage Rolls:
- Peel off the outer leaves of the cabbage.
- Cut out the core and blanch the leaves in boiling water.
- Mix ground beef, crushed garlic, minced onions, allspice, uncooked rice, and salt and pepper.
- Fill the cabbage leaves with the meat mixture and roll them up.
- Place in a baking dish with tomato sauce and bake for an hour.
- Spritz with lemon juice for an extra burst of flavor.
3. Asian Style Cabbage Slalid:
- Mix apple cider vinegar, oil, sugar, and soy sauce for the dressing.
- Toss the dressing with shredded cabbage and your choice of veggies.
- Serve as a main dish or side dish.
4. Cabbage and Noodles:
- Cook egg noodles in one pot and bacon in another.
- Add butter and onions to the bacon.
- Stir in shredded cabbage, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Combine with the cooked noodles.
5. Cabbage Pancakes:
- Finely shred cabbage and add grated carrot and chopped scallion.
- Make a batter with water, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, and pepper.
- Toss the veggies in the batter and fry until crispy.
- Serve with a dipping sauce made from the same ingredients.
Cabbage is a versatile and affordable vegetable that can be transformed into a variety of delicious dishes. From soups to pancakes, there is something for everyone to enjoy. So why not give these recipes a try and discover the amazing flavors of cabbage? Happy cooking!