are the prices shown on shopify total prices or monthly prices ??
In this article, we will be discussing the pricing plans offered by Shopify for creating an online store. We will cover the different plans available, their features, and which plan may be best suited for different types of users.
Are you looking to create an online store with Shopify, but unsure about the pricing plans and what they offer? In this article, we will dive into the details of Shopify pricing plans and help you choose the best plan for your business needs.
Shopify Pricing Plans:
- Shopify Basic: The most popular plan at $29/month, offering unlimited products, two staff accounts, support, sales channels, inventory locations, discount codes, SSL certificate, abandoned cart recovery, gift cards, and basic reports.
- Shopify Plan: Mid-level plan at $79/month, offering all features of Shopify Basic, plus five staff accounts, gift card creation, professional reports, and third-party calculated shipping rates.
- Shopify Advanced: Advanced plan at $299/month, offering all features of Shopify Plan, plus 15 staff accounts, advanced report building, and advanced shipping discounts.
- Shopify Starter Plan: A plan for selling products through social media and messaging apps, priced at $5/month.
- Shopify Plus: An enterprise-level plan for high-volume businesses, priced at $2000/month.
Comparison of Features:
The basic plan includes unlimited products, two staff accounts, sales channels, support, and basic reports. The Shopify Plan and Shopify Advanced offer additional features such as more staff accounts, advanced reports, and third-party calculated shipping rates. The Starter Plan is a simple storefront for selling through social media, while Shopify Plus is for enterprise-level businesses.
Choosing the Best Plan:
For beginners, Shopify Basic is the best plan. For those with a larger team, Shopify Plan or Shopify Advanced may be better suited. Those looking for a simple storefront can start with the Starter Plan. To save money, consider the annual plan and calculate payment processing fees.
Shopify offers a variety of pricing plans to fit the needs of different businesses. By comparing the features and choosing the best plan, you can create an online store that fits your needs and budget. Don't forget to take advantage of the 14-day free trial to get started with Shopify.
Shopify Fees 2020 | How Much Does it Cost to Sell on Shopify?
Is it Cheaper to Sell on Shopify than Etsy? Let's Find Out!
In this article, we will compare the fees charged by Shopify and Etsy to find out if it's cheaper to sell on Shopify. We will break down the different pricing structures offered by Shopify and calculate the fees for a year of sales on both platforms.
Shopify Pricing Structure:
- Shopify offers three fee structures: Basic ($29/month), Regular ($79/month), and Advanced ($299/month).
- Each plan features an online store, unlimited products, no listing fees, staff accounts, 24/7 support, sales channel, locations, manual order creation, discount codes, free SSL certificate, abandoned cart recovery, and gift cards.
- Differences between plans include reporting, staff accounts, and locations for Shopify point of sale.
- Shopify payments platform has built-in fraud analysis and is cheaper to use than third-party vendors.
- Credit card rates are 2.9% + 30 cents for online payments and 2.7% to 2.4% for in-person payments.
- Shopify Lite plan ($9/month) allows selling on Facebook, while Shopify Plus is for larger businesses.
Comparison of Fees:
- Etsy charges listing fees and transaction fees, while Shopify charges only transaction fees.
- For a year of sales totaling $108,000, Etsy charged $11,120 in fees, while Shopify would have charged $4,765 on the Basic plan.
- This results in a savings of $6,355 when using Shopify instead of Etsy.
Based on our comparison, it is cheaper to sell on Shopify than Etsy. Shopify's pricing structure offers more flexibility and fewer fees than Etsy. Sellers can save thousands of dollars by switching to Shopify and taking advantage of its features like abandoned cart recovery and fraud analysis. If you're still on the fence about opening a Shopify store, sign up for their free five-day crash course in migrating from Etsy to Shopify to learn everything you need to know.
Shopify Pricing Plans Calculation: What is Your Investment?
Music Hiit from PageFly is back with another informative video on how to calculate Shopify fees using a dynamic pricing calculator. In this video, she explains the different plans and fees offered by Shopify and how to use the calculator to determine the cost of using Shopify for your online store.
Plans and Fees:
- Shopify offers three main plans: Basic Shopify ($29/month), Shopify ($79/month), and Advanced Shopify ($299/month).
- Shopify also offers a Shopify Lite plan ($9/month) and Shopify Plus (for large enterprises).
- It is important to pay attention to the features and categories offered in each plan before making a final decision.
Factors that Affect Cost:
- Shopify Payments: a feature that accepts popular payment methods such as Mastercard and American Express. No transaction fee is charged for purchases made using Shopify Payments.
- Online Credit Card Rates: rates applied when a customer purchases a product from your store online. The rate goes down from 2.9% to 2.6% to 2.4% from Basic to Advanced plan, with an additional 30 cents.
- In-Person Credit Card Rate: when you sell in person, additional fees are charged based on the payment provider used (2%, 1%, or 0.5%).
Using the Shopify Pricing Calculator:
- The pricing calculator is included in the blog post with a link in the description box.
- To use the calculator, input your average order value, number of orders per month, and whether you are using Shopify Payments.
- The calculator will then show you the monthly cost for each plan.
- Buying your own domain or using apps from Shopify will incur additional costs.
- Domain costs are around $17 to $30 per year, while app costs are charged monthly.
- It is recommended to start with the Basic plan and upgrade as your business grows.
- You can try the 14-day free trial to see if Shopify is the right fit for your business.
- Remember to choose your apps wisely to avoid adding too much cost.
- Subscribe to PageFly's channel for more helpful tutorials on Shopify and other topics.
How to set up EU taxes in your Shopify store in 2022
- Djimi, Tech Support Lead at Sufio
- Setting up taxes in Shopify for EU-based stores
- Importance of knowing when to charge VAT and tax rates
- VAT registration threshold
- Unregistered businesses do not charge VAT
- VAT registered businesses charge VAT to customers in same country
- Different rules for selling to consumers vs businesses in other EU countries
- No VAT charged on sales to customers outside EU
- Use applicable VAT rate in home country for customers in same country
- Different VAT rates for non-VAT registered customers in other EU countries
- Micro business exemption for low turnover businesses
- Country specific registration for businesses with VAT registration in all EU countries
- One Stop Shop Union scheme for simplification
Setting Up Taxes in Shopify:
- Two configurations for displaying product prices
- Checkbox for tax calculation
- Include or exclude tax based on customer's country checkbox
- Shopify automatically calculates tax rates based on registration type
- Issue valid invoices for bookkeeping and tax purposes
- Importance of correctly setting up taxes in Shopify for EU-based stores
- Sufio can help with capturing and validating VAT numbers and issuing compliant invoices
- Best of luck with online business.
Matrixify App Pricing for Shopify
Matrixify Excelify is a tool that allows you to import and export items from Shopify. Their pricing is structured into four plans: demo, basic, big, and enterprise.
- Demo plan: Free forever, with no expiration date. Limits you to ten items per file, but you can import and export items as many times as you want.
- Basic plan: Allows you to export and import up to 5000 products per file, 300 smart collections, 300 custom collections, 2000 customers, and more.
- Big plan: Gives you 10 times what the basic plan offers. Allows you to work with greater volumes, such as 50,000 products.
- Enterprise plan: Offers everything unlimited, without any real limits from Matrixify Excelify's side.
- No monthly limits for any plan.
- Ability to export and import metafields in all plans.
- Schedule and auto-repeat jobs for all plans.
- One additional store included with each installation.
- Higher plan equals higher priority for feature requests.
- Regular speed for demo and basic plans, but big plan splits all data into five parallel processes for up to five times faster import and export speeds.
- Batch import functionality and private app availability for enterprise plan.
- Image server for large volumes of images available only for enterprise plan.
- Optional additional services for super complicated migrations or custom development available for $200 per hour.
- Shopify limitations to be aware of, such as variant creation limits and data import limitations.
Billing and Cancellation:
- Shopify bills you for Matrixify Excelify app every month.
- You can cancel your Matrixify Excelify subscription anytime, but you will be billed for the full 30-day period of that month.
- Uninstalling the app does not result in loss of data, as all data imported into Shopify stays there.
Contact and Support:
- Reach out to Matrixify Excelify directly through their live chat or contact us page.
- They will reply to you on the same day, unless they are asleep.
SHOPIFY SHIPPING RATES? EXPLAINED FOR BEGINNERS 2022
- Welcome back to my YouTube channel
- Discussing different shipping options on Shopify
Types of Shipping:
- Free shipping: customer doesn't pay for shipping, prices may be slightly higher or items are bought in bulk for cheaper prices
- Calculated shipping rate: Shopify automatically calculates shipping based on weight, destination, etc.
- Variety of shipping options: USPS, UPS, priority mail, etc.
- Handling fee: charge for packaging items, can be a percentage or a dollar amount
- Setting up shipping rates: spend over a certain amount to get free shipping, based on item weight or price
- Benefits of offering free shipping: increases overall cart value, more sales
Tips for Starting Out:
- International shipping can be complicated, focus on United States
- Use a PO box or other address for return shipping address
- Figure out what works best for your audience, weight and price of products
- Keep track of what shipping options work best for your small business
- Excited for 2021 and the growth of small businesses
How To Price Products For Shopify Dropshipping (Full Strategy)
In this video, the speaker discusses the importance of proper pricing strategy when dropshipping on Shopify. They emphasize that pricing is often overlooked but can make or break a winning product. The speaker outlines a pricing algorithm based on the price of the product on AliExpress, with specific price ranges corresponding to specific factors. They caution against guessing the value of a product and suggest starting with the algorithm to ensure a proper price. Additionally, they suggest ending prices in 99 or 95 for a clean and organized look.
To find the max price for a product, the speaker suggests raising the price by small increments each day and monitoring sales until a drop-off occurs. This will indicate the optimal price for maximum profits. The speaker concludes by emphasizing that a proper pricing strategy is essential for success in dropshipping.