Assigning Shopify Product Templates: A Guide
Creating a New Template for Products: A Step-by-Step Guide
In this article, we will guide you through the process of creating a new template for products on your online store. By following the steps outlined below, you will be able to create a template for a specific product and customize its appearance according to your preferences.
- Login to your admin panel and go to the virtual store section.
- Click on the action button and select Edit code.
- Create a new template by selecting the product type from the drop-down list and entering the template name (e.g., T-Shirt Template).
- In the Section tab, create a new section for the product type by copying and pasting the code from the custom product section.
- Rename the section to the product type (e.g., Product T-Shirt).
- Save the changes and close the custom product section.
- Translate the section in your virtual store by selecting the product and clicking on the Personalize option.
- Customize the top menu, product page, and side chart options according to your preferences.
- Add headings, descriptions, and images for each product detail.
- Save the changes and check the product page to see the updates.
By following these simple steps, you can create a new template for your products and customize it according to your brand's image. This will enhance the shopping experience of your customers and boost your sales. If you encounter any issues, feel free to ask for assistance and we will guide you through the process. Happy selling!
Shopify 2.0 Templates Tutorial - Create Different Layouts for Product Pages & Collection Pages
Hey everyone! So, I recently did a poll on my YouTube channel asking what my next video topic should be, and the most popular option was Shopify 2.0. Today, I want to talk about page templates, a new feature of Shopify 2.0 that is underrated but powerful.
- Poll results on YouTube channel
- Topic: Shopify 2.0 and page templates
Using page templates in Shopify 2.0:
- Adding specific features to one product without affecting others
- Creating different designs for different product pages
- Examples from All Birds store
- Duplicating default templates and creating new ones
- Adding sections, images, and other content
- Assigning templates to specific products, collections, or pages
Using metafields for custom content:
- Using the same template for different products
- Adding custom content for specific products using metafields
Launching a members-only community:
- Discord group for consultation and support
- 30% discount on development services
- Extra content and behind-the-scenes updates
- Supporting the channel
- Page templates are a powerful feature of Shopify 2.0
- Use templates to create unique designs for different pages
- Metafields can be used to add custom content to templates
- Join the members-only community for extra support and content.
Shopify Section Everywhere on Custom Product Templates (Part 8)
In this video, the speaker demonstrates how to use the section everywhere feature in Shopify for product pages. The speaker explains how previously, creating a different template for a product required going to the code and creating a separate file for each product. However, with the section everywhere feature, this process can be done visually, and each template will have its own data.
1. Create a product template and name it.
2. Customize the template visually by adding text and images.
3. Assign the template to a product.
4. The product will now have its own template without touching the code.
5. You can add as many product templates as you want.
1. The power of section everywhere allows each product to have its own template.
2. You can add sections specific to each product.
3. The process is visual and does not require touching the code.
4. You can create multiple product templates.
Using the section everywhere feature in Shopify for product pages is an efficient way to customize each product's template without touching the code. This feature allows you to add sections specific to each product, and you can create multiple product templates.
Shopify: Creating Multiple Product Templates
In this article, we will be discussing how to create multiple templates for different products on your website. This is particularly useful if you have different types of products that require different setups on the product page.
Hi guys! In this lesson, we will be discussing how to create multiple templates for different types of products on your website. This will make it easier for you to manage and customize your product pages.
Creating Multiple Templates:
- Start by copying the product template and duplicating it to create a new template.
- Rename the new template and modify it to refer to a new section.
- Create a new section and copy the code from the original product template.
- Edit the new section to fit the new template.
- Customize each template according to the type of product.
We started with a product template that had shipping information at the bottom. We put this information into the template so that it automatically appears on all products. However, we decided to sell gift items, such as mugs, and needed a different template. We created a new template for gift items and modified the section to remove shipping information. This way, our gift items will have a different layout and message on their product page.
By creating multiple templates, you can customize your product pages for different types of products. This will make it easier for you to manage your website and provide a better user experience for your customers.
Shopify Product Page Customization 2022 | Using Shopify Online Store 2.0 & Shopify Metafields
Since I started using Shopify, I always struggled with how limited I was when it comes to optimizing or modifying the product pages. Well, the good news is, after Shopify Online Store 2.0, things are way better. Now we can optimize our product pages and make them look perfect without the need to hire any web developer or any professional. Hi there, I am Rehab, and on this YouTube channel, I share with you videos related to e-commerce, entrepreneurship, and more. And as I told you before, in this video, I'm going to show you step by step how you can create your product pitch.
- Struggles with optimizing or modifying product pages
- Shopify Online Store 2.0 improved things
- Can now optimize product pages without a web developer
Steps to creating a product page:
1. Do market research to understand potential customers
- Understand what they are searching for and what kind of information they are interested in
- Check competitor stores and read Amazon reviews to understand potential customers
2. Include all necessary information inside the product page
- Dimensions, length, density, care guide, FAQ, etc.
- Provide all needed details for potential customers
3. List unique selling propositions
- Offer free returns and free shipping to compete with other stores
- Create a visual illustration of unique selling propositions
4. Hire people from Upwork or Fiverr to create infographics and write text
- Use Shopify meta fields to create unique specifications tab per product
5. Create product page template using theme editor
- Use Shopify meta fields to create dynamic tabs
- Include sections for images, unique selling propositions, care guide, and FAQ
6. Assign the right product page template for each product
- Reviews are important for social proof and convincing people to buy
- Add reviews inside product pages
- Use Addon theme or Dawn theme to create similar product pages
- Sign up for free workshop to learn how to create a sustainable e-commerce business.
How to create alternate templates for products, collections, pages and blogs
Creating Alternate Templates for Your Store
In this week's video, we will discuss how to create alternate templates for different sections of your store, including pages, products, collections, and blogs. We will demonstrate how to remove the price from a particular product using an alternate template.
Steps to Create an Alternate Template:
1. Access your admin panel and go to Online Store and click on Themes.
2. Select the template you are currently using and click on the three dots.
3. Choose Edit HTML and open the regular product template in the templates section.
4. Click on Add new template and name it No Price.
5. Remove the price by inspecting the product price and commenting it out in liquid.
6. Save and refresh the product page to see the changes.
7. Repeat the same steps for any other element you want to remove from your alternate template.
- If you do not have any alternate templates, they will not show up in the admin panel.
- You can create alternate templates for pages, collections, blogs, and even the index, but it is more complicated to access the index.
- Most themes have options for alternate templates that you can use.
- If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments or reach out to us through LinkedIn, Twitter, Skype, or email.
Creating alternate templates for your store is an easy way to customize the look and feel of your pages, products, collections, and blogs. By following the steps outlined above, you can remove any element you want and create a unique shopping experience for your customers. Don't forget to subscribe to our channel for more helpful tips and tricks!
How to add a product || Shopify Help Center
If you're ready to bring products into your Shopify store, this article will teach you how to add a product and what information you need to include to make sales.
Adding a Product:
Here are the steps to add a product on Shopify:
1. Click on Products and then click Add product on the Shopify admin.
2. Give your product a name and write a detailed description.
3. Add media files to the product to help customers decide if they want to make a purchase.
4. Add a price and compare at price if applicable.
5. Add the cost per item, charge tax if necessary, and manage inventory.
6. Select if the product is a physical product that needs to be shipped and enter the product's weight.
7. Enter the harmonized system code if shipping internationally.
8. Add variants if the product has multiple options like different sizes or colors.
9. Edit the search engine listing preview and select the sales channels and apps where you want to sell the product.
10. Categorize the product with a product type, vendor, and collection.
11. Add tags to make the product more searchable.
12. Review and save the product as active or draft.
By following these steps, you can easily add a product to your Shopify store and provide your customers with all the necessary information to make a purchase. Remember to optimize your product description and visuals to improve search engine optimization and encourage sales.
- Cost of Shopify Domain: How Much?
- Shopify Helium: Boost Your E-commerce
- Today's Shopify Woes
- Updating Shopify Business Address
- Revamp Your Online Store with HubBox Shopify Integration
- Shopify Submenu: Organize Your Store
- Get Shop Pay on Shopify
- 2021 Shopify Theme Development: Create Themes
- Apple and Shopify: The Fulfillment Network
- Adding Handling Fee on Shopify