Boost Your Shopify Performance with Optimization
In this article, we will discuss the correct way to do Shopify site speed optimization. We will look at an example store and identify typical issues that slow down the website. We will also provide solutions to optimize the site speed and improve the user experience.
Caden Lane Baby Boutique has a beautiful store, but it has a typical issue of residual app code that slows down the Shopify site speed. The store has 203 requests, which is more than the average of 119 requests. The page size is 3.5 megabytes, which is also considered large. Although the load time may not seem bad, it can be heavy for mobile users in areas with poor internet connection.
The first step in optimizing the site speed is to remove the residual app code that is no longer in use. The next step is to examine the waterfall of the website to identify which files are necessary and which ones can be delayed. It is crucial to load tracking pixels and essential images first to avoid losing tracking data and improve the user experience.
Additionally, apps that are not needed on every page, such as reviews, should not load on the homepage. Instead, they should only load on the relevant pages. By doing so, it will reduce the number of requests and improve the site speed.
In conclusion, Shopify site speed optimization is essential to improve the user experience and increase sales. By removing residual app code and optimizing the waterfall, the website will load faster and perform better. If you need help optimizing your Shopify site speed, please follow the link below to contact us for assistance.
Increase Shopify Store Speed without coding Easily (For Non Developers)
In this video, the speaker shares their experience of running Shopify stores for over four years and provides tips on how to increase loading speed without hiring a developer or coding. The article includes an introduction, four bullet points with tips, and a conclusion.
- The speaker has run multiple dropshipping stores and is currently using Shopify to sell their own products
- Shopify is built for anyone to start their online store without coding
- You don't need to hire a developer to increase the speed of your Shopify store
1. Don't use GT Matrix to measure loading speed - instead, use incognito or private mode in your browser to see how your website loads in different devices
2. Uninstall all apps you're not using to avoid code conflicts and slow loading speed - consider using a theme with inbuilt apps like Beautify
3. Install the Best Speed Optimizer app to create the illusion of faster loading speed for visitors
4. Resize images to reduce file size and increase loading speed - use an app like Image Compression to maintain quality while reducing size
- Following these four basic tips will help you achieve the best possible loading speed for your Shopify store
- Large image files and unused apps can slow down your website, so it's important to optimize and maintain regularly
- By doing so, you can reduce bounce rates and increase conversion rates for your online business.
How to Increase Your Shopify Speed Score (Shopify Speed Optimization) - Dropshipping 2021
Hey guys, Dylan here, the Ecom Lion, and today we are going over that thing you already know what it is - that nasty online store speed. You may look at your score and go, How do I have 16? You may have jumped on Facebook and seen people going, It's not real, Shopify just wants more money off you. Spoil it, it is real. Everything about it is real. It's actually a Google product. It's not Shopify. Shopify doesn't want more money off you this way. But today, in today's video, we're going to teach you how to understand what the speed score actually is. We're going to assess the damage and then fix it. Everything is free. There's no paid apps, so let's go.
Understanding the Speed Score:
- Click online store
- Scroll down and click view report under the old theme box
- Click see how your score is calculated
- Google tests three different pages: homepage, product page, and collection page
- It gives them a score and pulls the average of those three numbers to give your store a total score
- Your product page is the most important metric if you have a one product store
- Click view insights to check if it's analyzing the correct page
- Run it about three times to get a rough idea of what the score actually is
- Use GTmetrix to check your fully loaded time
- Retest three times to get a rough idea of how long your website takes to load
- The green zone is around six seconds for GTmetrix
- Increase your score to anything over 30
Fixing the Damage:
- Be wary of speed optimization apps
- Ditch the apps you don't need
- Assess the waterfalls on GTmetrix
How to Speed Up a Shopify Website for FREE (2023)
- Slow loading Shopify stores can lead to a drop in conversion rates by over four percent.
- 70 percent of online consumers say that load time plays a large role in their purchase decision.
- It is essential to have a fast loading Shopify store.
- However, Shopify stores are not automatically optimized for load times.
- In today's video, we will be showing you how to use the Fast Shop app to make sure that your Shopify store is lightning fast.
Using the Fast Shop App:
- The Fast Shop app can be installed on your Shopify store to speed it up.
- A speed score of 27 means that your store is slower than similar stores.
- The Fast Shop app can optimize images, compress them, and speed up your store's loading time.
- You can start with the free plan, which offers optimized product images and automated image optimization for up to 500 images per month.
- Upgrading your plan will give you unlimited image and video optimization, allowing for a super-fast store.
- Over 1300 Shopify brands are using the Fast Shop app, and over 10.6 million assets have been optimized.
- The app does not add any extra code to your store, which can slow it down and cause problems with themes.
Using the Fast Shop App in Minutes:
- To use the Fast Shop app, click on Add app and then Install app.
- The app will analyze the photos and videos in your store and optimize them to load faster.
- You can choose between the free and pro plan, with the option to upgrade later.
- Once you select the plan, click Approve, and the app will optimize all the media and assets on your store.
- The app optimized over 110 images and one video, saving over 25 megabytes on the store.
- The speed score of the store increased from 27 to 63, making it faster than similar stores on Shopify.
- The Fast Shop app is a powerful tool that can speed up your Shopify store in a matter of minutes.
- With the ability to optimize all assets on your store 24/7, 365 days per year, the Fast Shop app is essential for any Shopify store owner.
- By using the app, you can increase your store's loading speed, improve the user experience, and boost your conversion rates.
Shopify App Performance Optimization
- Install a new section to optimize the product page.
- Identify the scripts injected by apps via the script tag using the app optimization section.
- Block or delay loading the scripts based on user interaction or scroll.
- Optimize the CPU execution time and clear up the main thread.
- Load scripts on interaction whenever possible.
How To Optimize a Shopify Store Speed ? Learn from the guy who developed the fastest Shopify theme
Hey guys, Marwan here. I hope you're doing well with your business, especially your eCommerce store. In today's video, I'm going to show you something very important in order to increase your SEO, organic traffic, sales, and user experience. This is related to increasing your site speed.
Why Site Speed Matters:
Google recently included site speed as one of the most important factors to rank pages on their search engine. Therefore, it is important to speed up your Shopify store today. Another advantage of speeding up your Shopify store is that users who visit your website can order your product very fast, which increases the user experience and conversion rate.
Top Tips to Increase Shopify Store Speed:
1. Compress Your Images: Images are important to attract people to your Shopify store. However, some images may be very heavy. To make your Shopify store load very fast, you need to compress your images and avoid using PNG images. Use JPEG or JPG images instead. You can use a free tool to compress your images and replace them with your existing image. This is time-consuming but free.
2. Compress Your CSS and JS Files: Most Shopify themes don't have this compressed by default. You can use a tool in order to compress your CSS and JS images. This is easy to do and you'll see the difference in site loading speed.
3. Don't Hide Sections: Try to remove sections instead of hiding them. When you hide sections, there is a code running in the background. This is going to give more scripts and more code to load for the browser, which makes the site speed slow.
4. Get Rid of Useless Shopify Apps: Try to reduce the number of apps you're using. Shopify apps use external links and external scripts, which make the site load very slow. Keep only the most important Shopify apps and remove the others.
6. Avoid Using Animations: Use a simple website without any animations to increase the site speed. People tend to like simple websites that load very fast.
7. Avoid Entrance Pop-ups: Entrance pop-ups are bad for user experience and bad for Google. Google doesn't like entrance pop-ups. Instead, use a simple code to use instead of the entrance pop-up, which is great. It's going to increase your SEO, user experience, and conversion rate.
Optimizing your Shopify store speed requires advanced coding knowledge. However, these tips are for beginners and can be followed to increase your Shopify store speed without any coding knowledge. If you have any questions about how to speed up your Shopify store, feel free to leave a comment below, and I will be glad to answer. Thank you for watching!
How to Increase Your Shopify Speed Score (Shopify Speed Optimization) - Shopify Development 2022
In this video, we will be discussing Shopify speed optimization and how it can help your store in terms of ranking in search engines, getting good conversion rates, and improving overall traffic. We will analyze our software store URL on Facebook to show you the results we have gained and how we achieved them.
- To optimize your Shopify store speed, it is important to use speed optimization tools like HSP Web Dev, Page Speed Insights by Google, and Pingdom.
- We scored 74 on mobile and 98 on desktop for our store's speed. A Shopify score of 77 means your store is faster than similar stores on Shopify.
- By minimizing the number of apps you use on your store and only using one app at a time, you can increase the speed of your store.
- Having fewer sections on your home page, with only a banner, some feature images, and a blog post, can significantly improve your store's speed.
- Using a Shopify OS 2.0 theme created by Shopify version 3.0 can also help improve your store's speed.
In conclusion, optimizing your Shopify store speed is crucial for the success of your business. By following the tips and tricks we have shared in this video, you can significantly improve your store's speed and ranking in search engines, resulting in increased traffic and conversion rates. Don't forget to subscribe to our channel and share this video with your friends if you found it helpful. Thank you for your time!
- Export Magento Products to Shopify
- Sending Emails from Shopify: A Guide
- Shopify Name Generator: Create Catchy Names in Seconds
- Fees on Shopify: What You Need to Know
- PayPal Recurring Payments for Shopify
- Boost Your Online Sales with Shopify CedCommerce
- Shopify Swell: Boost Your E-commerce Game
- Using Alibaba on Shopify: A Guide
- Shopify Transaction Fees: Why?
- Bablic Shopify Integration: Boost Your Global E-commerce