change add to cart button on shopify
- Ellen from EcomSimplified shows how to change button colors for a Shopify store without changing the entire theme
- Changing button colors through the theme editor will change colors for the entire theme, so Ellen shows how to do it specifically for the product page/section
Steps to Change Button Colors:
- Go to the Shopify backend and select an online store (using Debut theme as an example)
- Customize the button colors by going to the theme editor and then to colors
- Change the primary button color, which will change the color for all theme buttons (e.g. product, subscribe, checkout)
- If wanting to change only the product page/section, go to actions and then edit code
- Find the theme.css file under the assets folder (can use the search function to make it easier)
- Add code to the bottom of the file, which will replace the after-card button color
- To change the hover color, add a hover section with a different color
- To change the buy now button color, copy the previous code and make adjustments
- If wanting to target a specific section (e.g. product section), inspect the element and find the class of that section
- Add the class name before the code to only affect that section
- Repeat steps for other themes (e.g. Brooklyn, Minimal)
- Changing button colors for a Shopify store can be done through the theme editor or by editing the theme.css file
- By targeting specific sections, only those sections will be affected by the new colors
- Hex colors can be used to choose different colors
- Like and subscribe to EcomSimplified for more helpful videos
How to Change Add to Cart Button Color in Shopify | Any Theme | Quick & Simple Way
In this video, the author shows how to change the color of the add to cart button in Shopify using CSS. The author considers two or three different themes and gives step-by-step instructions for modifying the color of the button. The article includes an introduction and bullet points for the steps involved. The author also mentions the importance of avoiding spelling mistakes and using correct syntax. The article concludes by emphasizing the simplicity of the code and how it can be helpful for non-technical users.
Prestige Theme Add To Cart
Hey guys, this is James from Pixel Conversions API, your tech support. We're currently on our demo store and have a few questions about the Prestige theme. Here are some key points to keep in mind:
- We just downloaded the Prestige theme and are going to take it into Customize.
- Out of the box, the cart will be a drawer, but it won't pick up the add to cart event if it's a drawer.
- You must use the cart type page as the cart type drawer will not pick up the add to cart event.
Points to keep in mind:
- Since we haven't published this theme, the only reliable pixel event will be the main pixel.
- If you click on the FAQ, it will bring you to our welcome email FAQ. There is an exception for themes - these are the do not use themes. You can use Prestige, but remember to use the cart type page.
- Scripts and apps can affect your add to cart event, so make sure to send us a list of apps you're currently using on your store if we're not picking up an event.
- The Prestige theme works, but you must use the cart type page.
- Use the main pixel event since it's the only reliable pixel event when the theme is unpublished.
- Scripts and apps can affect your add to cart event, so make sure to check and send us a list of apps you're currently using on your store.
How to remove cart and Icon from Shopify 2.0 store | Dawn Theme | Straight to Checkout
How to Remove the Add to Cart Option from Your Shopify 2.0 Dawn Theme Store
Have you been struggling to remove the Add to Cart option from your Shopify 2.0 Dawn Theme Store? Well, worry no more! In this quick and easy tutorial, we will show you how to remove this option and replace it with a Buy It Now button.
1. Access the main product dot liquid file by typing it into the code editor.
2. Use the Control F search function to locate the Add to Cart form.
3. Remove the Add to Cart button by deleting the code associated with it.
4. Save the changes made to the file.
5. Repeat the process for the header liquid file to remove the cart option.
6. Save the changes made to the header file.
- This method is perfect for stores that don't require the Add to Cart option, especially for one-product stores.
- The Buy It Now button is a convenient alternative that allows customers to make a purchase instantly.
- This tutorial is up to date with the latest version of Dawn 7.01.
Removing the Add to Cart option from your Shopify 2.0 Dawn Theme Store is an easy process that can be done in just a few steps. By replacing it with a Buy It Now button, you can offer a faster and more convenient shopping experience for your customers. So, go ahead and give it a try!
How to change Add to Cart button color on product page ONLY ✅ Easy and Fast
Title: How to Change Add to Cart Button Color on Shopify Product Page
Welcome to my YouTube channel! In this tutorial, I will show you how to change the add to cart button color on the product page of your Shopify website. If you are looking for an easy and fast video guideline, then you are in the right place. Let's get started!
1. Log in to your Shopify admin panel.
2. Click on the Online Store button.
3. Click on the Actions button and select Edit code.
4. In the search field, type CSS to find the theme CSS file.
5. Click on the file name to open it.
6. Scroll to the bottom of the file and add your custom CSS code to change the button color.
7. To preview your changes, right-click on the button and select Inspect.
8. Click on the body and locate the class name template product. Copy this class name.
9. Select the button and click on the new style rules plus icon.
10. Add a new class with the name you copied and set the background color and text color.
11. Copy the rules and paste them into the CSS file in your admin panel.
12. Save the changes and refresh your browser to see the updated button color.
Congratulations! You have successfully changed the add to cart button color on your Shopify product page. If you need any further assistance, feel free to visit my website at bestfreeshopifythem.com, where I have shared the link to this tutorial. Thank you for watching this video, and don't forget to like and subscribe to my channel. Have a nice day!
Shopify Dawn Theme Redirect Add To Cart Button FREE 2022
How to Redirect Your Add to Cart Button to a Page
In this tutorial, we will learn how to redirect the add to cart button to a page. This will help you to provide more information to your customers and avoid chargebacks and refund requests.
1. Create a new page and name it as More Information or Thank You page.
2. Copy the URL of the newly created page.
3. Go to the online store and edit the code.
4. Comment out the line of code that says this.form.submit on line 8.
5. Scroll down to the code that says else if (this.cart != null && this.cart.items.length > 0).
6. Comment out this code as well and add a new line of code window.location = '/more-info'.
7. Save the changes made in the code.
8. Refresh the page and click on the add to cart button.
9. You will be redirected to the new page with more information about the product.
10. To add a checkout button on the new page, copy the button information by inspecting the element.
11. Paste the copied information on the new page and add a hyperlink to the checkout page.
12. Save the changes and refresh the page.
By following these simple steps, you can redirect your add to cart button to a new page and provide more information to your customers. This will help you to increase sales and reduce chargebacks and refund requests. Don't forget to like and subscribe for more tutorials.
Shopify: How To Replace Add to Cart Button with Email Link
In this video, the developer teaches how to replace the Add to Cart button with an email link or a Contact Us link, and remove the quantity option for products that are not for sale. The purpose of this is to allow customers to request a quote instead of purchasing the product. The steps to achieve this customization are:
- Go to the Themes section in the Shopify admin and click Edit HTML/CSS
- Copy the product.liquid template and create a new one called product-not-for-sale.liquid
- Comment out the Add to Cart button and the quantity option in the new template
- Add custom text for the email link or Contact Us link, explaining that the product is only available upon request and providing the link to the store's email
- Comment out the compare at price if necessary
- Make sure that all the products that are not for sale are using the new template
- Edit the product titles and descriptions in the tunic.css file if needed
- Use bulk editing to apply the new template to multiple products
This customization is useful for merchants who want to offer custom quotes to their customers. By following these steps, they can replace the Add to Cart button with an email link or a Contact Us link and remove the quantity option for products that are not for sale. The video provides a quick and easy solution to this customization.