change product image size in shopify theme
Hey guys, it's Hamish here and I'm excited to be back on my channel with another Shopify tutorial. In today's video, I'll be showing you how to make your product page bigger. This is a common issue on the Dawn theme, and I think it's important to address it. So, let's get started!
Finding the right section to edit:
- Right-click on the area you want to edit and select 'inspect'
- Scroll up to find the main content class
- Look for 'product_media_item' or anything with 'product media' in it
- Open all the sections with the word 'product' in them and search for 'product_media_item'
- Find something relevant to the area you want to edit
Adjusting the size of the product image:
- Locate the 'product_media_wrapper' class
- Adjust the 'max-width' to make the image smaller or larger
- Hit save and refresh the page to see the changes
- Keep adjusting until you find the right size for your product page
That's it for today's tutorial on how to make your product page bigger on the Dawn theme. I hope this was helpful and informative. Remember, you can always adjust the size to your liking, but keep in mind that too big or too small may not look good. Thanks for tuning in, and I'll see you in the next video! Peace out!
Speed Up Shopify Store by Resizing Product Images | Quick Shopify Tips 2021
When it comes to online shopping, the speed at which a website loads is crucial. It can be the difference between making a sale and losing a customer. In this Shopify quick tips video, we will discuss how to speed up your site easily on the Shopify platform.
Checking your site's performance:
You can check your site's performance in terms of page speed in your Shopify store's backend. Simply go to Online Store and Themes. Underneath your published theme, you can see your speed score and how it compares to others in your industry. Click to learn more about your page speed, and it will provide you with detailed information about your homepage, collection page, and product page's loading times.
Improving site speed:
Some suggestions for improving site speed may not be possible due to the theme's code or the apps you have installed. When adding a new Shopify app, make sure it is necessary and check your app list regularly to ensure you are still using them fully. One thing you can do to improve site speed is to resize your images correctly. Large images can slow down your site, so make sure you resize your product images to around 2048 pixels for zooming techniques and 1024 pixels for non-zooming images. Resize other images before uploading them to Shopify.
In conclusion, improving your site's speed is essential for keeping customers and making sales. Check your site's performance regularly, remove unnecessary apps, and resize your images correctly. By doing so, you can significantly improve your site's loading times and increase your sales.
How To | Resize photos on your Shopify Store
Hey y'all, it's AJ here with FluffyHustle, and today I'm excited to share with you a Shopify app that can make a big difference in the way your store looks. Are you tired of having pictures of different sizes on your store? Well, worry no more, because with the help of the Photo Resize app, you can easily resize all your photos to the same size. In this quick video, I'm going to show you how to use this app to make your store look more professional and attractive.
1. Go to your Shopify store and click on Apps.
2. Visit the Shopify app store and search for Photo Resize.
3. Add the application and install it.
4. Analyze your shop images, and the app will recommend how many images to resize.
5. Preview your store to see the changes made by the app.
6. Check your catalog to see if all the pictures are of the same size.
7. Rate the photos and refresh your store to see the changes made by the app.
- The app is free to use.
- It is fast and easy to use.
- It makes all your photos the same size, giving your store a more professional look.
- It saves you time and effort from manually resizing each photo.
Photo Resize by Pixie is a great app that can help you improve the appearance of your Shopify store. It is fast, free, and easy to use. With this app, you can quickly resize all your photos to the same size, giving your store a more professional and polished look. So, if you want to enhance your store's visual appeal, give this app a try and see the difference it can make. Don't forget to check out my other videos for more Shopify tips and tricks. Thanks for watching, and I'll see you in the next one!
Shopify Dawn Theme: Change product description move to below product image
In this article, we will be discussing how to move the product decryption to below the product limit. We will provide step-by-step instructions and tips to help you accomplish this task.
1. Open the code and find the main block in session. Here, we will add some custom code to move the product decryption below the product limit.
2. Deep dive into the code and find the product limit. Copy and paste the code and find the product decryption.
3. From practicing, we need to move the product description and collapse tab. This is where we will paste the code.
4. Save the code and reload the page. You will now see that the decryption is moved to the bottom of the emit.
5. Add some spacing for readability.
Moving the product decryption below the product limit is an easy task when you know how to do it. If you are unsure of how to write code, you can copy and paste the code provided in the video description. If you have any problems with custom code, please feel free to write a comment. We hope this article has been helpful in guiding you through this process.
Shopify Narrative Theme Product page Image Size too Large | Problem Solved
- Welcome to this video about solving an issue related to narrative themes on Shopify.
- Narrative theme is a popular free theme on Shopify, but one issue is the size of product images on product pages.
- In this video, we will show you how to decrease the size of product images using a piece of code.
1. Find the code needed to decrease image size in the description of the video.
2. Go to your online store, click on Themes and select Edit Code for the Narrative theme.
3. Find the theme css file in the assets folder and click on it.
4. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and enter the code provided.
5. Save the changes and refresh the page to see the smaller product image size.
6. If you want to customize the image size for different devices, change the values in the code accordingly.
7. Remember to save and refresh the page to see the changes.
- Decreasing the size of product images on Shopify's Narrative theme is possible with a piece of code.
- By following the steps outlined in this video, you can customize the image size for different devices.
- Don't forget to check out our other videos on controlling logo size for Narrative theme on both desktop and mobile versions.
- If you found this video helpful, please smash the like button and subscribe to our channel.
Best Shopify Product Image Resize Apps 2022
Hey everyone, it's Jamie from Shopify Masterclass! Today, we're going to talk about the best product image resize apps for Shopify in 2022. We've curated a list from our blog, Ecommerce Educated, and we'll cover the top two in detail. But before we dive in, I want to give a shoutout to our sponsor, ProfitCalc. You can access a 15-day free trial in the description below.
Why You Need a Product Resize App:
If you need to resize images in bulk, Shopify's built-in image editor may not be enough. Manually editing hundreds or thousands of images can take a lot of time. Thankfully, there are apps in the Shopify app store that make it easy to resize images with just a few clicks. Our blog post has the key features you need to look for, such as pricing and feature lists. In this video, we'll focus on the top two apps.
The Top Two Product Image Resize Apps:
1. Bulk Image Edit:
- Easily resize images, compress them, add watermarks, rename images, and add alt text (important for SEO)
- Improves SEO and store performance by compressing images and making them easier to rank on Google
- Allows you to comply with social media by making it easy to square resize and crop images to fit any social media channel
- Clean UI with a dashboard and many options for editing images
- Free plan for 50 image edits per month, up to 50 a month for 10,000 monthly edits plus 880-day backup
- 4.8 rating with over 1800 five-star reviews
2. Tiny Image SEO and Image Optimizer:
- Focuses on SEO to give your Shopify store better rankings on Google
- Image resize option to decrease image size and improve site speed
- Allows you to control scripts on your Shopify store and add different image changes
- Free to install plan, up to $20 a month for 3,000 free images per month
- 4.9 star rating with 868 five-star reviews
Resizing images is an important task for any e-commerce store. With the help of these top two product image resize apps, you can easily resize, compress, and optimize your images for better SEO and site performance. Don't forget to check out our sponsor, ProfitCalc, for a 15-day free trial. Thanks for watching and don't forget to like and subscribe!
How to increase collection image height on the collection page Shopify #ShopifyTutorial
Increasing Image Visibility on Shopify Websites
- In this article, I will share a simple trick to increase the image visibility on Shopify websites.
1. Log in to your Shopify store.
2. Click on Online Store and select Edit Code from the Actions drop-down menu.
3. Go to Collection Liquid and click on Collection Template.
4. Look for the line that says case section.settings.grid and change the number two to four.
5. Save the changes and repeat the same process in Collection Template dot Liquid.
6. Refresh the website and notice the increased image visibility.
- The larger images help customers to view the product details better, especially for those with poor eyesight.
- This can lead to increased sales and customer satisfaction.
- Increasing image visibility on Shopify websites is a simple process that can greatly benefit the user experience. By following the steps outlined in this article, website owners can ensure that their products are displayed in the best possible way.