Creating a Collection on Shopify
Hey guys, it's Jake and in this video, I'm going to show you how to set up different collections inside of Shopify. We'll be creating collections for gaming, phone accessories, and gym stuff using different methods of creating them. Let's jump right into it!
Shopify allows you to create collections of related products to make the browsing process easier for your customers. In this video, we'll be creating collections using automated and manual methods and also learn how to showcase them on the home page of your store.
Creating a Gaming Collection:
- Access collections by going to products and then collections
- Click create collections and select gaming
- Choose automated and select a condition (product title contains gaming)
- Refresh to see auto-populated products
Creating a Phone Accessories Collection:
- Create product tags for related products
- Click create collection and select phone accessories
- Choose automated and select a condition (product tag is equal to iPhone)
- Refresh to see auto-populated products
Creating a Gym Stuff Collection:
- Click create collection and select gym stuff
- Choose manual and add related products
- Click save to populate collection
Adding Collections to Home Page:
- Go to online store and click themes
- Customize theme and add feature collection section
- Select desired collections and drag to desired location on the home page
Creating collections in Shopify is a great way to organize related products and make the browsing experience easier for your customers. Use automated methods based on keywords or tags to save time and effort. Don't forget to showcase your collections on the home page to attract more customers. Thanks for watching, and don't forget to subscribe for more content!
How to create a manual collection || Shopify Help Center
Creating manual collections on Shopify can help organize your products into groups, giving you more control over what products are included. In this article, we will guide you through the process of creating a manual collection step by step.
Steps to Create a Manual Collection:
1. Access Shopify admin: To start creating a manual collection, log in to your Shopify admin account and click on the Products tab. Then click on Collections and select Create Collection.
2. Title and Description: Give your new collection a title, add a description (optional), and use keywords for SEO purposes.
3. Collection Type: Select Manual as the collection type.
4. SEO Settings: Edit your collection's SEO settings, if needed, by clicking on Edit Website SEO.
5. Collection Availability: Decide where you want the collection to be visible by using the Collection Availability card. Deselect the checkboxes for the channels you want to exclude.
6. Schedule Availability: If you want to schedule the collection to be published at a future date, click on Schedule Availability and select a date.
7. Add Image (optional): You can add an image to represent the collection, but it is optional and will only be visible if your theme has an option to show it.
8. Add ALT Text: If you choose to add an image, add ALT text for the image by clicking on Edit and then Edit Image ALT Text. Keep your alt text brief and descriptive.
9. Save and Add Products: Once you have set up the collection, click on Save. To add products to the collection, click on Browse to see your inventory, select items by clicking the checkboxes beside them, or type a product title in the search bar to add an item. Then click Add to finish.
10. Sort Products: To arrange the products, choose an option from the Sort dropdown menu. If you choose to manually sort, drag and drop the products in the order you want them to appear.
11. Link in Navigation: To finish, link the new collection in the store's navigation bar so customers can find it. Click on Update Your Menu or click on Online Store, then Navigation. Click on Main Menu, and then Add Menu Item. Enter a name to match the collection. In the Link field, select Collections, and then find the collection you just created. Click Add. Click the six-dot icon beside the new menu item and drag it where you'd like it to appear. If you want to create a dropdown menu, drag and drop it under another menu item to nest it. Click Save when you're done.
Creating a manual collection on Shopify is easy and can help you organize your products better. By following these simple steps, you can create a manual collection and link it to your store's navigation bar, making it easy for customers to find. If you have any questions, visit help.shopify.com for more information.
How To Create Collections on Shopify
In this tutorial, Jason from Quantum Courses teaches how to create collections on Shopify to organize products in an online store. Collections allow you to group your products into separate categories, making it easy for shoppers to navigate your store. Jason demonstrates how to create new product collections on Shopify, select and add products to collections, display collections on the Shopify homepage, and add a link to collections in the main menu.
Here is a summary of the steps to create and add collections to your Shopify store:
- Jason from Quantum Courses explains how to create collections on Shopify to organize products in an online store.
- Log in to Shopify and click on the Products tab to view and manage products.
- Click on the Collections tab to create a new collection.
- Enter the collection title and description, select the collection type (manual or automated), and choose the sales channel(s) where the collection will be available.
- Add a collection image, choose a theme template, and edit the search engine listing.
- Click Save to create the new collection.
- Underneath the description of the new collection, click on the Browse button to select products to add to the collection.
- Choose the products to add to the collection and click on Add.
- Click on the Active button beside each product to choose which sales channels the products will be available in.
- Click on the X beside a product to remove it from the collection.
- To add a link to collections in the main menu, click on the Header tab and edit the main menu.
- Add a new menu item and select Collections as the link.
- Choose to show all collections or a specific collection.
- Click on Save Menu.
- To display collections on the Shopify homepage, click on the Online Store tab and go to Theme Settings.
- Click on Customize and select Collection List from the menu on the left.
- Add a new collection and select the collection to display.
- Rearrange the order of sections on the homepage if necessary.
- Click on Save.
- Creating collections on Shopify makes it easy for customers to navigate your store and find products they're looking for.
- Adding collections to the main menu and the homepage can improve the user experience and increase sales.
- Sign up for Shopify using Jason's link in the video description to unlock a free trial and start building your e-commerce business.
Shopify OS 2.0 - How To Create a Page of Collections
- Shopify has released OS 2.0, including new themes and customization options for pages of collections.
- This new method is much easier than the old one.
- In this video, we will go through how to create pages for collections using the new method.
Creating a Page Listing All Collections:
- Go to navigation and add a new item to the menu.
- Click on collections and select all collections.
- Save the menu and refresh the page to see all collections in the main menu.
Creating Pages for Specific Collections:
- Go to customization and click on pages.
- Create a new template based on the default page.
- Add sections to the page, such as collection list, and select the collections you want to feature.
- Save the template and create a new page with the chosen template.
- Add the new page to the navigation menu and refresh the page to see the specific collections.
Creating a Page with Multiple Collections:
- Use the multi-column section to add images and links for multiple collections.
- Create a new template and page based on the accessories template.
- Add the new page to the navigation menu and refresh the page to see the links for the collections.
- The new method for creating pages of collections on Shopify OS 2.0 is much easier than the old method.
- It allows for customization and flexibility in creating pages for specific collections.
- The multi-column section can be used to create a page with links to multiple collections.
- Shopify OS 2.0 offers more control and customization options for creating a visually appealing online store.
How to Create Collections in Shopify 2023 (STEP-BY-STEP)
Adding Collections to Your Shopify Store: A Step-by-Step Guide
Adding collections to your Shopify store is an important step in organizing your products and making it easier for customers to find what they are looking for. In this article, we will guide you through the process of adding collections to your Shopify store.
1. Create Collections:
- Click on Products in the left sidebar of your Shopify dashboard.
- Select Collections.
- Delete the default collection (homepage) if you don't need it.
- Click on Create Collection.
- Give your collection a title, description, and choose Manual for collection type.
- Add a cover image for your collection.
- Click Save.
- Repeat for all the different types of products you have in your store (e.g. T-shirts, hats, hoodies).
2. Add Products to Collections:
- Go back to Products.
- Select all the products that belong to a specific collection.
- Click Add to Collections.
- Choose the appropriate collection for the products.
- Click Save.
- Repeat for all the products in your store.
3. Add Collections to Your Homepage:
- Go to Online Store.
- Click on Customize.
- Add the Collection List section to your homepage if you haven't already.
- Click on Select Collection for each of the three slots.
- Choose the appropriate collection for each slot.
- Click Save.
Adding collections to your Shopify store is a straightforward process that can greatly improve the user experience for your customers. By following these simple steps, you can organize your products and make it easier for customers to find what they are looking for.
How to Create & Set Up Collections on Your Shopify Store
If you're planning to start an online store with Shopify that stocks multiple types and styles of products, then you'll want to create and set up your store with collections. In this article, I'll not only show you how to manually create these collections but also demonstrate how you can automate these products into certain collections, creating a more streamlined system that will save you time and energy.
Overview of Collections:
Collections are groups of products that make it easier for your customers to find the products they are searching for within your online store. Collections are also great for introducing related products to customers or highlighting products within a certain category, for example, your bestsellers or your sale items.
To create a collection manually, log into Shopify and head over to the menu on the left. Click on products and then collections, followed by creating a collection. For this part of the demonstration, we want to select manual. Scroll to the top and add a title for the collection. Add a collection image so that when the collection shows up on your home page, an image will appear with the collection title. Review all the details and click save. Add products to your collection by clicking browse and selecting the products that align with your collection. Click add to complete the process.
To automate your collections, head back to products and collections and this time select automated. Choose a collection type based on your requirements and add a title, description, and condition. Scroll to the top and click save. To set up your products with tags, go to the product and add tags to it. These tags will be used to automatically categorize the product into the relevant collection.
Adding Collections to Your Store:
To add your collections to your store, head over to sales channels and online store. Under themes, click customize and add a new section which will auto-populate your newly created collections. Under the collections tab, click collections list and then add. Click select collection and add your newly created collections. Save and check out your online store to view the collections.
Creating collections for your online store is one of the many features that Shopify offers. Whether you choose to manually create your collections or automate them, it's a great way to make it easier for your customers to find what they are looking for. By following the steps in this article, you'll be able to set up your collections and make them easily accessible to your customers.
How To Create Sub Collections in Shopify 2.0 - Start Doing This Now!
For a long time, creating sub collections in Shopify was difficult in the old version, but with Shopify 2.0 it has become much easier. This article will explore the benefits of creating sub collections and main collection pages in your Shopify store and walk you through the process of creating them.
Benefits of creating sub collections:
- Improved SEO
- Helps Google's algorithm to see clusters of content
- Makes it easier to organize products
How to create sub collections:
1. Create regular collections for your products
2. Create a new template in the theme editor and name it after the parent collection (e.g. Boys Collection)
3. Add a section for a collection list and select the sub collections you want to display
4. Customize the layout and add content as desired
5. Apply the template to the parent collection in the collections page
6. Duplicate the template for other parent collections if desired
- Keep in mind that there is no actual concept of sub collections in Shopify, all collections are the same level
- Hiding the product grid and collection banner is not recommended for SEO purposes
- To delete a template, delete the file with the corresponding name in the code editor
Creating sub collections in Shopify 2.0 is a great way to improve your store's organization and SEO. With the ability to create custom templates and apply them to parent collections, it has never been easier to create sub collections and main collection pages in your Shopify store.
- Create Shopify Templates
- Enhance Shopify Sales with Cookies
- Shopify Orders Snapshot
- Maximize Profits: Skimlinks for Shopify
- Shopify's Vaccine Policy: Keeping Employees Safe
- Deleting a Shopify Page: Quick Guide
- Hire Shopify SEO Expert for Better Online Visibility
- Boost Shopify Sales with Facebook Ads & Referral Program
- Find Customers Quickly with Shopify Search
- Cancel Shopify Plan: Easy Steps