Editing Google Product Category in Shopify: Tips
Google product categories are a list of terms defined by Google that help categorize products being sold. Selecting the right category or subcategory for your products is crucial for your products to be displayed to the right set of users.
How to select the right Google product category:
1. Go to the publicly available list of categories and subcategories provided by Google.
2. Download the list in txt or Excel format.
3. Choose the appropriate subcategory for each product, ensuring specificity.
4. Update the Google product category information for each product in your Shopify store manually or with the help of the Google Shopping app.
5. Save the information, and it will be extracted along with other product information to go to Google Merchant Center for product listing on Google Shopping.
Benefits of selecting the right Google product category:
1. Increases the chances of your products being displayed correctly on Google Shopping page for the right set of users who want to buy your products.
2. Helps in ranking your products better on Google search results.
Choosing the right Google product category is crucial for your products to be displayed to the right set of users and rank better on Google search results. With the help of the Google Shopping app and the publicly available list of categories and subcategories provided by Google, selecting the appropriate category/subcategory for each product in your Shopify store can be done easily.
Shopify fix for Google Merchant Center: Missing Value Gender Size Color Age Group
In this video, Clarice Lin, a small business and online store marketing expert, discusses how to fix the disapproved product value error on Google Merchant Center for missing color, size, age group, and gender attributes.
- Google Merchant Center has two types of listings: standard and enhanced.
- To qualify for enhanced listings, attributes like gender, size, color, and age group must be filled up, mainly for apparel and accessories.
- Failure to provide this information will result in disapproved products and exclusion from the Google Shopping tab.
- To fix this issue, head to the Shopify store and update each product's attributes manually.
- Wait for Google to review and update the product status, which may take up to a week.
- For additional support, visit Clarice Lin's website for Shopify store marketing services.
By following Clarice Lin's step-by-step instructions, Shopify store owners can easily fix their disapproved product value error on Google Merchant Center and qualify for enhanced listings, leading to more sales and visibility on the Google Shopping tab.
Set Up Your Shopify Product Feed using the Google Shopping App
- This video teaches how to set up your product feed for Google Shopping with the Google Shopping App for your Shopify store.
- Setting up the product feed allows for the running of Google Shopping campaigns and generating sales and profits for the store.
- This method has been used to generate sales for various stores.
Steps to Set Up Feed:
1. Set up a Google Merchant Center account by adding business information and claiming and verifying website.
2. Add shipping and returns/refund information.
3. Use the free Google Shopping course to guide through the process step by step.
4. Open Shopify dashboard and ensure logged in.
5. Access Google Shopping Shopify App.
6. Use the Google channel by Shopify app for free and easy use.
7. Click 'Add app' and then 'Add sales channel'.
8. Follow the checklist section to ensure valid payment method, public store, refunds/returns policy, contact information, and website compliance.
9. Accept terms and conditions and click 'Complete setup'.
10. Verify contact number and confirm product feed settings.
11. Optimize feed by editing each product field in table.
12. Unhide columns for title, available to Google, Google product category, MPN, page title, and meta description.
13. Optimize title using formula structures and templates for optimized titles.
14. Edit page title instead of actual page title for more descriptive and optimized title.
15. Optimize description by pulling from page and cleaning up for HTML.
16. Check Google product category list and paste code into corresponding cell for each product.
17. Add MPN or SKU if no GTIN.
18. Edit other fields depending on product category.
19. Wait for product status to be approved for all products.
20. Fix any errors or disapprovals in Google Merchant Center account.
21. Create Google Shopping campaigns using full guide provided in the free course.
- Setting up the product feed for Google Shopping with the Google Shopping App for Shopify is a straightforward process.
- Optimizing each product field in the feed is key to generating more clicks and sales.
- Following the free Google Shopping course provided will guide through the process and lead to successful campaigns and profits.
How To Add Product Categories In Shopify | For Dropshipping (2022)
How to Add Product Categories in Shopify
In this article, we will show you how to add product categories in Shopify. We will provide step-by-step instructions on how to do this, including adding subcategories, creating pages, and assigning products to categories. We will also discuss the different pricing plans available on Shopify.
Adding Product Categories:
1. Log in to your Shopify store and click on Online Store.
2. Click on Navigation and then Add Menu.
3. Write the name of your category and click on Add.
4. To create a subcategory, drag and drop the category to the right of the main category.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to add more categories and subcategories.
6. Click on Save.
1. Click on Online Store and then Pages.
2. Click on Add Page and name the page.
3. In the Collection section, add the categories you created in the previous section.
4. Click on Save.
Assigning Products to Categories:
1. Click on Products.
2. Click on the product you want to assign to a category.
3. In the Collection section, select the category or subcategory you want to assign the product to.
4. Click on Save.
Different Pricing Plans:
1. Basic Shopify plan starts at $29 per month and includes two staff members and four locations. Transactional fees are 2% and there is a currency conversion fee of 2%.
2. Shopify plan starts at $49 per month and includes up to five staff members and five locations. Transactional fees are 1%.
3. Advanced Shopify plan starts at $299 per month and includes up to 15 staff members and eight locations. Transactional fees are 0.5%.
Adding product categories in Shopify is an essential step in organizing your store. By following the steps above, you can easily create categories and subcategories, assign products, and create pages. Additionally, Shopify offers different pricing plans to suit your business needs.
How to add Google fields in Shopify as you put your products in
In this article, we will learn about adding Google fields to products in a Shopify store and how it can affect the way products are published on Google and Facebook.
Adding Google Fields:
1. Add a product to your store.
2. Go to More Actions above the Save button.
3. Click on Google Fields.
4. Put in the categories, such as the list of Google product categories.
5. Put in the age, gender, condition, and color of the product.
6. Save the changes.
Adding Google fields to your products can prevent errors and ensure that your products are published correctly on Google and Facebook. Remember to fill out all the necessary fields, and if you have any questions, feel free to drop them in the comments.
How To Add Product Categories In Shopify | Dropshipping 2022
Hello everyone and welcome back to our channel! Today, we will be discussing how to add product categories in Shopify. We will demonstrate all the steps to add product categories in Shopify, how to create pages for each category, and how to link them with product categories. So, watch this video till the end to better understand all these steps!
To use Shopify, you need an account on it. If you have a Shopify account already, click on the login button on the top right corner. Otherwise, click on the start free trial button to create a Shopify account. After successfully logging in or signing up, you will be redirected to your dashboard.
Now, we are going to demonstrate how you can add product categories in your Shopify store. Let's first see the current view of our Shopify store. Click on the online store tab in the left sidebar and on the online store page, click on the view your store button on the top right side. Your online store will open in a new window and here is a look of it.
- There are three menus in the top navigation bar which are home, catalog, and contact. We are going to add our product categories menu along with these menus in this top navigation bar.
To add a new menu item, use this add menu button. But we are going ahead with adding the product categories in the main menu. So, click on the main menu button. Now, on this page, from here you can rename this main menu and these are the items under this main menu. You can use these edit and delete buttons to make changes to the related items.
To add a new menu item, click on the add menu item button at the bottom of the menu items. A pop-up window will open from the right sidebar. Here enter the name of the menu item, in other words, enter the product category name. Here we are entering it as product categories. Now, from here we have to add a page link to this category. In the given page list, you will see all the pages available to your store, but we have not created a page for our category. We will do it after creating categories, and we will add it later. So, for now, we can select any page from the list and then click on the add button at the bottom right corner.
You can see that the created product categories menu has been added to the list. Now, move your cursor on the left side and drag it to move it and arrange the order. We are keeping it after the catalog menu. So, we have created the main menu for our navigation bar.
Now we have to create different categories. Click again on the add menu item on the pop-up window. Here enter the category name. We are entering clothing. In the links section, select any random page, and then click on the add button. Now clothing has been added to the menu list. We are going to drag it from the left corner and move it below the product categories. If you move it towards the right, it will be added as a sub-menu under product categories.
So, we have successfully created our first category. To add more categories, click on the add menu item to product categories button. On the pop-up window, repeat the same steps. We are creating a category called appliances. So, two product categories have been added under the product categories menu. Repeat these same steps to create more categories. You can also create subcategories under any of the categories. Just follow the steps that we had shown earlier.
Once you are done with creating all the product categories, click on the save menu button in the bottom right corner. Now the product categories have been successfully created. The only thing left is to create separate pages for each category and add the links to their categories.
To create a page for categories, click on the pages tab under your online stores section. On this page, you will see all the pages that are created for your Shopify store. To create a new page, click on the add page button on the top right side. In the title section, enter the name of your product category that you have created. We are creating a page for the clothing category. You can use this box to write a description or add the products link, and then click on the save button at the bottom right corner.
So, our first page for clothing categories has been created successfully. We need to create separate pages for each category. To create a new page, either you can create the page from scratch as we had created for the clothing category or else you can use this duplicate button to make a copy of this page. We are going ahead with duplicating this page. Click on the duplicate button. A pop-up window will open. Here enter the second category's name. We are creating a page for appliances. Then click on the duplicate button. In the page list here, you can see the pages that we have just created. Repeat the same steps of creating pages for each category.
Now let's move on to adding these page links to the categories. Click on the navigation tab in the left sidebar and then click on the main menu. Click on the edit button next to the product category. In the pop-up window, in the link section, select pages from the list, and then select the created page. Finally, click on the apply changes button. Repeat the same steps for adding page links to each product category. Once you're done, click on the save menu button at the bottom right corner.
So now, let's take a look at our store. Click on the online store tab and then click on view your store. Here you can see that the product categories menu has been added to the menu list. If you click on it, you can see the categories that we had created. With this, we have completed our tutorial on how to add product categories in Shopify.
This brings this video to an end. We truly hope you liked it. If you have any suggestions or want us to make a video on any specific topic, feel free to comment below. We will see you soon in our next video. Till then, stay tuned and stay subscribed to our channel!
How To Add Product Categories In Shopify (Step By Step)
How to Easily Add Product Categories in Shopify Step-by-Step
Are you having trouble categorizing your products in your Shopify store? Categorizing your products can make it easier for your customers to find what they're looking for. In this article, we'll show you how to add product categories in Shopify step-by-step.
1. Log in to your Shopify account and go to your home page.
2. Click on Online Store located on the left-hand side panel.
3. View your store to see what it currently looks like.
4. Click on the Navigation tab and then click on Menus.
5. Add a new menu item and name it Product Categories.
6. Add your categories under this new menu item. For example, you can add categories for clothing, footwear, and appliances.
7. Save your menu.
8. Go to the Pages section and add pages for each of your categories.
9. Link your categories to their respective pages.
10. Save your changes.
Categorizing your products can help improve the user experience in your Shopify store. With these simple steps, you can easily add product categories and pages to your Shopify store. Don't hesitate to comment below if you have any questions. Happy selling!
- Sell PDFs on Shopify: Tips & Tricks
- Shopify JS SDK: Simplify E-commerce Integration
- Drawbacks of Shopify
- Boost Sales: Shopify Ecommerce Training
- Shopify in Minneapolis: Boost Your E-commerce!
- Update Your Shopify Theme with Ease
- Access Authorization Failed: Shopify Shop
- Get Your Pokémon Gear on Shopify
- Maximize Productivity: Use Shopify Calendar App
- Revolutionize eCommerce with Canada Post App for Shopify