fallacy in ads
Nine out of ten Filipino kids suffer from cavities, which is a major concern for their oral health. To address this issue, Colgate has partnered with the Philippine Dental Association to promote oral health awareness and aim for zero cavities. In addition, energy gap is another concern that affects the health and well-being of children. Brands like Milo and Energen offer healthy energy options to bridge the gap. Moreover, there are also food and hygiene products like Goldilocks, Safeguard, and Nestle that cater to the needs of Filipino families.
Oral Health Awareness:
Colgate, in partnership with the Philippine Dental Association, promotes oral health awareness to prevent cavities in children. Their website, xerocavities.com.ph, offers tips and resources to improve oral health. Some of the initiatives include:
- Oral Health Month to raise awareness
- Zero Cavities campaign to aim for cavity-free children
- Recommended by Dentists to emphasize Colgate's quality and effectiveness
Energy Gap and Healthy Options:
Energy gap is a concern for Filipino children who may not get adequate nutrition from their daily meals. Brands like Milo and Energen offer healthy energy options to bridge the gap. Here are some of their campaigns:
- Beat Energy Gap with Milo, which promotes healthy energy for school and play
- Energen My Thirty Three Percent, which emphasizes the nutritional value of their product
Food and Hygiene Products:
Apart from oral health and energy, Filipino families also need access to quality food and hygiene products. Here are some of the brands that cater to these needs:
- Goldilocks, a well-known bakery that offers a variety of food products and cakes
- Safeguard, a soap brand that provides 24-hour germ protection
- Nestle, a food and beverage brand that promotes good food and good life
The well-being of Filipino children is a concern for many brands and organizations. Initiatives that promote oral health awareness, healthy energy options, and quality food and hygiene products can help improve their health and overall well-being. By partnering with the Philippine Dental Association and promoting healthy habits, Colgate aims for zero cavities. Similarly, brands like Milo, Energen, Goldilocks, Safeguard, and Nestle offer products that cater to the needs of Filipino families.
The Fallacy Project Examples of fallacies from advertising, politics, and popular culture
Music Playing, Hands-Free Driving, Cars That Park Themselves, and an Automated Car Driven by a Search Engine Company
In this article, we will be discussing some of the latest advancements in the automotive industry, which include music playing, hands-free driving, cars that park themselves, and an automated car driven by a search engine company.
Advancements in the Automotive Industry:
1. Music Playing:
Cars now come equipped with advanced sound systems that offer the latest in music technology. With Bluetooth connectivity, drivers can now play their favorite tunes through their car's sound system without having to touch their phone.
2. Hands-Free Driving:
With the advancement of autonomous driving technology, hands-free driving has become a reality. Self-driving cars are now capable of navigating the roads without any human intervention. This technology has the potential to revolutionize the way we travel.
3. Cars That Park Themselves:
Parking can be a daunting task for many drivers, but with the introduction of self-parking cars, drivers can now sit back and let their cars park themselves. This technology is not only convenient, but it also reduces the risk of accidents while parking.
4. Automated Car Driven by a Search Engine Company:
Search engine giant Google has been developing an automated car that is capable of driving itself. With sensors and cameras installed on the car, it can detect and respond to its surroundings without any human input. This technology has the potential to revolutionize the way we travel and make our roads safer.
The advancements in the automotive industry are changing the way we travel. From music playing to hands-free driving, cars that park themselves to automated cars driven by search engine companies, these technologies are making driving safer, more convenient, and more enjoyable. As these technologies continue to evolve, we can expect to see more innovative advancements in the automotive industry in the future.
Logical Fallacies in Advertisements | Insurance Commercial Analysis
Nationwide Insurance brings us the first commercial of the day, targeting anyone who wants protection against accidents. The ad features logical fallacies such as false dilemma, hasty generalization, begging the question, strawman, and appeal to false authority. The message is that switching to Allstate would provide better coverage for accidents than any other insurance company. Ideal Life Insurance targets older people of the middle to lower class, using logical fallacies like hasty generalization, false dilemma, and ad populum. The overall message is that switching to Ideal Life Insurance is the best option for those who can no longer afford expensive life insurance. The ad uses a real-life example of an elderly lady who switched to Ideal and saved money. Lastly, State Farm's commercial targets adult football fans using logical fallacies like circular reasoning, hasty generalization, appeal to false authority, and ad populum. The message is that switching to State Farm will benefit consumers through the discount double check program, and the persuasion technique is implying that Aaron Rodgers uses State Farm and discount double check, so others will benefit too.
5 Fallacies in Ads - Noah DeMent
When your cable freezes and your picture is interrupted, it can cause a ripple effect that leads to unexpected consequences. In this article, we will explore the chain of events that can occur when your cable goes out and how upgrading to DIRECTV can prevent disasters.
Consequences of Cable Interruptions:
- Decreased work productivity
- Wrongful convictions
The Chain of Events:
1. Cable interruption causes irritability
2. Irritability leads to decreased work productivity
3. Decreased work productivity leads to wrongful convictions
4. Wrongful convictions lead to time for reflection
5. Time for reflection leads to thoughts of you
6. Thoughts of you lead to a house explosion
To prevent these disastrous consequences, it's important to get rid of cable and upgrade to DIRECTV. With DIRECTV, you won't have to worry about interruptions in your entertainment, leading to a more productive and peaceful life.
Benefits of DIRECTV:
- No interruptions
- Access to more channels
- Ability to join space program
- Better viewing experience
- 24/7 customer service
Don't let cable interruptions ruin your life. Upgrade to DIRECTV today and enjoy uninterrupted entertainment and peace of mind. Remember, when you have DIRECTV, the possibilities are endless.
Identify Fallacies and Appeals in Commercials
More and more dentists are recommending Colgate Sensitive Pro Relief toothpaste for instant and long-lasting relief from tooth sensitivity. Here's why:
1. Tackles the root cause of sensitivity by blocking open channels that lead to the tooth nerve
2. Gives better results than other brands
3. Instant relief and long-lasting protection
4. Number one brand recommended by dentists
- When your cable company keeps you on hold, you get angry.
- When you get angry, you go blow off steam.
- When you go blow off steam, accidents happen.
- When accidents happen, you get an eye patch.
- When you get an eye patch, people think you're tough.
- When people think you're tough, they want to see how tough.
- Don't wake up in a roadside ditch, get rid of cable and upgrade to DIRECTV.
- Sony's technology makes it easy to get the best shot with their cameras and camcorders.
- When you buy Pedigree dog food, a donation is made to help dogs find loving homes through the Pedigree Adoption Drive.
- Losing you for a minute can be hard on a child, imagine losing you for life.
Colgate Sensitive Pro Relief toothpaste is the go-to solution for instant and long-lasting relief from tooth sensitivity. Upgrade your cable to DIRECTV and capture life's best moments with Sony's technology. Help dogs find loving homes with Pedigree's Adoption Drive. Remember, losing you for even a moment can be hard on a child, so make every moment count.
False Cause Fallacy- Coke Commercial
The advertisement for Coca Cola showcases the idea of happiness, family, and good food, all tied together with the brand's signature catchy music. While the advertisement does a good job of appealing to our emotions, it also contains some logical fallacies that we should be aware of.
Ethos, Logos, and Pathos:
- Ethos: The advertisement presents the idea of a conservative Filipino family spending time together and enjoying delicious food, which is a positive ethical message.
- Logos: The catchy soundtrack and the mouth-watering visuals of the food make the advertisement logically appealing to our senses.
- Pathos: The overall commercial is attention-grabbing and combines the thought of a Filipino family, good music, and delicious food to create an emotional connection with the audience.
- False cause fallacy: The advertisement suggests that drinking Coca Cola every day will make us feel good and happy. However, the reality is that excessive consumption of Coke can lead to health issues like weight gain, cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease.
- Contradiction fallacy: The advertisement promotes the idea of feeling good and having a healthy lifestyle, but drinking Coca Cola every day contradicts that message due to the high sugar content.
The Coca Cola advertisement is successful in creating an emotional connection with the audience through the use of music and visuals. However, it is important to be aware of the logical fallacies present in the advertisement and make informed decisions about our health and lifestyle choices.
Fallacy in ads
Analyzing ads is essential to determine their true meanings and the promotion of the item or idea that the brand is trying to promote to the audience. Many ads can be seen from different perspectives and inferred through people's different beliefs. While attempting to appeal to the audience, companies could persuade them into buying their product.
Importance of Analyzing Ads:
Analyzing ads allows the consumer to justify the way that the company chooses to promote their item, whether it be using sexism, cost savings, or appeal that is trending and everyone should have it. By figuring out their strategy, the consumer can justify whether their attempt to promote their product is valid and, therefore, purchase the product.
The Fallacy of Testimonial:
Using the Head and Shoulders ad as an example, the ad commits the fallacy of testimonial by using professional athletes such as Patrick Mahomes, the quarterback of the championship Kansas City Chiefs. The ad uses their image to help promote their brand, but not only using professional athletes, they also make it known by having them wear their jerseys to help those who are not aware of sports that these are superstars using their products.
The Fallacy of Bandwagon:
Another well-used brand or ad is Crest Toothpaste, which commits the fallacy of bandwagon. The company uses quotes that state number one toothpaste in America, reflecting that most people in America agree that Crest is the best toothpaste. The ad commits pathos as it uses various statistics to persuade their customers that it's the best toothpaste in the market.
Being able to analyze ads overall can reflect that a person can't be easy to persuade them. The reason being because they will know when a company is using wrong ways to interpret their brand and will most likely avoid such brands. Therefore, being able to focus on the purpose of the ad and what exactly the company is trying to evoke helps the consumer know what brand they are supporting as well as how they promote their product.