get rid of pop up ads safari
Title: How to Block Annoying Pop-Up Ads on Safari
Are you tired of constantly receiving annoying pop-up ads while browsing on Safari? Whether it's virus messages, congratulatory messages, or simple advertisements, these interruptions can be frustrating. In this video, we will guide you on how to block these ads on your Safari browser. Let's get started!
Steps to Block Ads on Safari:
1. Download Adblock Pro:
- Adblock Pro is a free app available on the App Store.
- If you can't find this app or prefer an alternative, there are plenty of options to choose from.
- For this tutorial, we will use Adblock Pro.
2. Enable Adblock Pro:
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Scroll down and find the Safari option.
- Tap on Extensions and ensure that all the buttons are enabled.
- Toggle on the button to block pop-up notifications under the Safari tab. Note that this only blocks pop-ups, not all ads.
3. Configure Adblock Pro:
- Open the Adblock Pro app.
- Scroll down to the recommended settings.
- Activate the Block Ads option.
- In the regional section, choose the countries where you want ads to be blocked from websites originating in those regions.
- The Allow List option lets you select specific websites from which you will still receive ads. Simply tap on the plus sign and paste the website address.
- Enable Allow Ads and save the changes.
4. Update Adblock Pro:
- To ensure smooth functioning, make sure Adblock Pro is updated to the latest version.
- Check the version you are using by scrolling to the bottom of the app.
5. Block Ads on Safari:
- Open Safari on your device.
- Tap on the double a symbol located on the left side of the search bar.
- Click on Manage Extensions and activate the Adblock Pro button.
6. iOS or iPad OS Version 14 or older:
- Follow the instructions provided within the Adblock Pro app.
By following these simple steps, you can effectively block annoying pop-up ads on your Safari browser. Adblock Pro provides a convenient solution to enhance your browsing experience, allowing you to save data and load websites faster. Remember, there is also a pro version with more features, but the free version of Adblock Pro is sufficient for blocking ads in Safari. If you found this video helpful, please give it a thumbs up, subscribe, and feel free to leave any questions in the comments section. See you next time!
How to turn off Pop Up Blocker on Mac (Safari Browser)
Hello everyone! In this video, I will show you how to disable pop-up blockers in Safari and Chrome on your MacBook. Let's start with Safari.
- Open Safari and go to a website, like Apple.
- Currently, pop-ups are blocked on Safari.
- To disable pop-ups, click on Safari in the top left corner.
- Then, click on Preferences and go to Websites.
- Scroll down and click on Pop-up Windows.
- Here, you will see the currently open websites, like apple.com, which is set to block and notify.
- If you click on apple.com and then click on Allow, all pop-ups from Apple will be allowed.
- You can also allow pop-ups from other websites by selecting When visiting other websites and clicking on Allow.
- This way, pop-ups won't be blocked on any website.
- If you want to enable pop-ups on some websites and disable them on others, you can do that here.
- For example, I have enabled pop-ups on apple.com. You can do the same for other websites.
Now let's move on to Chrome.
- Open Chrome and click on the three dots in the top right corner.
- Go to Settings and then go to Security and Privacy.
- Click on Site Settings and scroll down to Pop-ups and redirects.
- Click on Site scan, send pop-ups, and use redirects.
- This will disable pop-up blockers on Chrome.
- Just like Safari, you can enable pop-ups for specific websites by adding them here.
- For example, if you add youtube.com, pop-ups will only be allowed from YouTube.
- You can remove websites or enable pop-ups for all websites by selecting Not allowed to send pop-ups or use redirects.
That's how you disable pop-up blockers on Safari and Chrome on a MacBook. Thank you!
How to remove popups / viruses on your browser (Chrome or Safari)......Very Easy
Hi guys, Lily here. Thanks for coming back. So, I'm doing another video on how to remove viruses, pop-ups, and other unwanted things on your Mac. A lot of people are saying they have a lot of pop-ups on their Mac, so this is a guide on how to remove them. I'm only going to cover Safari and Google Chrome. Pay close attention, let's get started.
- First, go to Google and download two applications: CCleaner and Malwarebytes.
- Let's start with CCleaner. Search for CCleaner for Mac and go to the download page. Click on Download and wait for it to finish. If you already have it, you can just replace it. Double click to open it.
- In CCleaner, you can uncheck some things if you want. If you want recent places to stay, you can keep them checked. Otherwise, uncheck everything. Then click on Run Cleaner.
- While CCleaner is running, you can close Safari if you want. Let's go back to the browser and download Malwarebytes. Search for Malwarebytes and click on the download link.
- Once Malwarebytes is downloaded, open it. Close the pop-up and click on Accept. It will try to look for updates. When it's done, click on Scan to start scanning.
- If Malwarebytes finds anything, uncheck it and then delete everything. Restart your computer.
- Once Malwarebytes and CCleaner have finished, go back to your browser.
- To clean out Safari, go to preferences and clear history. This will clear out everything.
- In Chrome, go to settings and then extensions. Remove any extensions that are not supposed to be there.
- Lastly, get an adblocker extension to prevent future pop-ups. Search for adblock and add it to your extensions.
That's it, guys. Thank you for watching. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below. And don't forget to like and subscribe!
How to Block Ads in Safari on a Mac – Block Ads on YouTube and Other Websites for Free Using AdGuard
In this video, I'm going to show you how to block ads in Safari on a Mac. It's completely free and it works on most websites, including YouTube. However, please note that this method only applies to Safari and not any other apps. So, let's get started!
First, open Safari by tapping or clicking on the Safari icon in the top left corner. Then, go to Safari Extensions by clicking on it in the drop-down menu. This will take you to the App Store, where you can find various Safari extensions.
To block ads in Safari, we're going to download AdGuard for Safari. It has a 4.6-star rating with over 5.4k ratings and reviews. Simply click on Get to install it. You may be prompted to enter your password or use your fingerprint for authentication.
Alternatively, there are other methods to block ads in Safari on a Mac, and you can find videos about those methods in the end screen. Popular options include Adblock Plus and AdBlock by Beta Fish. The key point is that AdGuard will not only block ads but also help with privacy-related issues.
Once you've downloaded AdGuard, open it and follow the instructions. Go to Safari and open Preferences by using the shortcut Command + Comma. In Preferences, make sure to check every option related to privacy, general settings, social media, etc.
Now that you've set up AdGuard, let's test it out! The first website we'll try is YouTube, as it's the most popular platform for ad-blocking. Click on the AdGuard for Safari button, and you'll see the option to turn on AdGuard and change settings if needed. Play a random video, and you'll notice that there are no ads before or during the video.
Next, let's try a news website like The Verge. As you can see, there are no ads on the page or along the sides. Click on a specific article, and you may come across sponsored content, like the one by Vox Media. This is a different kind of ad, more like self-promotion by the site owners, rather than traditional ads.
I hope this video has been helpful and that it proves to you that this ad blocker does work. If you enjoyed the video, please leave a like and subscribe to my channel. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment, and I'll do my best to answer them. Thank you for watching, and have a great day!
How To Stop Popups An Adware On Your Mac
Hey everyone, it's Big Goopy 100 here with a helpful video for you all. Today, I want to show you how to prevent those annoying pop-ups that can sometimes appear in Safari. I recently had some pop-ups showing up on my browser, and I discovered that it was due to a plugin that was installed without my knowledge. So, I'm here to share some tips on how to prevent and get rid of those pesky pop-ups. Let's get started!
1. Open up your Finder and delete unnecessary files from your cache folder. This is something you should do regularly, but if you're experiencing pop-up issues, clearing out your cache folder can help.
2. Delete everything from your extensions folder. Right-click and select empty to remove all extensions.
3. Check your input methods folder and delete any unwanted items.
4. Move on to your LaunchAgents folder and delete everything in there as well.
5. Don't forget to clear out your LaunchDaemons folder too.
6. Open your Scripting Additions folder and delete any unfamiliar items. Only keep the ones you recognize.
7. Now, we're going to access another hidden folder. Hold down the Option key while clicking on the Go menu in the menu bar. Select the Library folder.
8. Inside the Library folder, repeat the steps we did in the previous Library folder. Clear out the caches folder and delete unnecessary items from the Internet Plugins folder.
9. Look for the Keychains folder and delete everything inside.
10. Finally, open the Scripting Additions folder and delete any unwanted items.
11. Once you've completed all the steps, restart your Mac. This is necessary because you won't be able to empty your trash until you restart.
12. After restarting, empty your trash and open Safari. Test out your browser by visiting different websites and see if the pop-ups are gone.
That's it! Following these steps should help prevent and eliminate those annoying pop-ups in Safari. I hope this video was helpful for you all. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please feel free to leave a comment below. Don't forget to rate, comment, and subscribe to my channel for more helpful videos. Thanks for watching, and I'll see you in the next one!
How To Disable Pop Up Ads in Chrome + Disable Bottom Right/Left Side Ads
Hey guys, in this video I'm going to show you how you can disable pop-up ads on your Chrome browser. Let's get started and let me show you the problem first. So, before disabling the pop-ups, I am just on this website called pop-up test where I'm going to test the pop-ups. First, I'm going to click on multi-popup test.
Before disabling the pop-ups, you can see that when I click on the pop-up test, it gives me so many pop-up windows. That's the problem you might also be facing if you don't disable those pop-ups. Let me close all the pop-ups now. Now, let's see how we can deal with this problem and solve it.
Just click on these three dots on your Chrome browser, then click on the settings option. Here, you will see all these options. What you need to do is go to the Advanced Settings and then go to the privacy and security settings. If you don't see privacy and security settings in this window, you can always click on the option on the left-hand side.
So, you will see the privacy and security option here as well. Alternatively, you can directly search for the privacy and security option here. Now, click on the site settings option. Here, you will see many options. Go to the notifications section and click on it. By default, you will see many websites listed here. You might want to remove all the websites listed under allow because if you allow the websites to give you notifications, it will show you all the notifications.
You can choose the websites that can allow notifications. Mostly, you might want to allow Google websites to give you notifications. But other than that, you need to remove any other website from this section. Ideally, you want to see no sites added under allow. If you don't want to see notifications at all, you can unselect this button. Once this is disabled, all the notifications will be disabled and they will not pop up on your Chrome browser.
Another setting you can see is pop-up and redirects. Click on this option as well. Under the pop-ups and redirects option, you might want to disable this to blocked. Right now, you can see it's blocked and that's the recommended setting. If you want to allow, you can do this, but in your case, you might want to disable all the pop-ups appearing on your Chrome browser. Make sure that it shows blocked and recommended here. This option should be disabled.
If you see any website under allow, you can remove those websites from here as well if you don't recognize them. Here, I can see the pop-up test website, which I have opened here and it was showing me the pop-ups. I will just remove it from the allow section. Now, when I go to the website again and click on the pop-up test, you will see that the pop-ups don't appear anymore. You will also see a notification saying that pop-ups were blocked on this page.
After doing all the settings I have shown you, your pop-ups will be blocked for the website you have chosen. If you have just chosen the blocked option and don't see any websites under allow, then all the pop-ups and notifications will be blocked on your Chrome browser. This is how you can disable pop-up ads on your Chrome browser. I hope you've enjoyed this video and I will see you in the next one.
How to remove POP-UP ads Virus from your Mac?
Music: In this video, we'll show you how to remove adware that generates pop-up ads from your Mac. Are you seeing random pop-up ads when browsing the internet? Is your internet browser, whether it's Safari, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox, randomly opening and redirecting you to shady websites? If so, this could be a sign of an adware infection.
- Adware can be installed on your computer through fake Flash Player update advertisements.
- After installation, you might notice changes in your internet browser settings, such as your home page being set to a shady website and experiencing pop-up ads.
- Unwanted applications can come in the form of utilities that pretend to detect issues on your Mac and then ask for payment to remove them.
- Browser hijackers can change your homepage and default search engine settings, leading to unwanted redirects.
Steps to remove adware:
1. Manually remove unwanted apps:
- Visit the Applications folder and check for any suspicious apps.
- Remove them by dragging them to the Trash.
- Also, check the login items and remove any unwanted applications from there.
2. Scan your computer with Combo Cleaner Anti-Malware:
- Visit combo-cleaner.com and download Combo Cleaner for Mac.
- Double-click the Combo Cleaner DMG file and drag it to the Applications folder to install.
- Close all windows and open your Launchpad to start Combo Cleaner.
- Confirm your actions by clicking open.
- Wait for the database update to finish, then select the premium feature called antivirus.
- Choose a full scan and click start scan.
3. Remove infected files:
- Combo Cleaner will scan your system and detect all infected files.
- Once the scan is complete, click remove all threats.
4. Authenticate and restart your Mac:
- You will be prompted to authenticate with your administrator password to remove the existing applications.
- Follow the prompts and click restart now to finish the cleaning process.
Thank you for watching this video on how to remove adware from your Mac. By following these steps and using Combo Cleaner Anti-Malware, you can effectively remove adware and protect your computer from possible malware infections.