Google Product Category in Shopify: What is it?
- Clarice Lin helps small businesses get their products listed on Google and YouTube page one
- Explains how to select Google product categories for Shopify store products
What is Google Product Category?
- List of terminology defined by Google for types of products being sold
- Different categories for different types of products
- Right category/sub-category linked to products helps decide if products will be displayed on search queries for right set of users
How to Select the Right Google Product Category:
- Go to publicly available list URL provided
- Download list in txt or Excel format
- List likely to be updated, so check back if new store
- Use Ctrl F to find specific category
- Select most specific category that accurately describes product
- Use ID or copy entire line of text to put in Shopify Google product category view
- Helps with ranking and ensures accurate product selection
How to Add Google Product Categories to Shopify Store:
- Download Google Shopping app from Shopify App Store
- Integrates with product detail page
- Select product, click on More Actions, then Google fields
- Fill in Google product category space and click Save
- Information updated will be extracted along with other product information to go to Google Merchant Center
- Right Google product category increases chances of being displayed correctly on Google Shopping page for right set of users
- Selecting right Google product categories important for accurate product selection and ranking
- Do it manually to ensure accuracy and not rely on Google's automatic selection
- Use Google Shopping app to add categories to Shopify store
- Follow other videos for more information on Google Merchant Center account issues and setting up products for Google Shopping
Shopify fix for Google Merchant Center: Missing Value Gender Size Color Age Group
In this video, Clarice Lin, ROI doctor, explains how to fix the Google Merchant Center error disapproved product value for missing color size age group and gender for your Shopify store. She discusses the importance of filling in the required attributes for enhanced listings and how it affects the visibility of your products on the Google Shopping tab.
Steps to fix the error:
1. Understand the eligibility requirements for enhanced listings on the shopping tab.
2. Fill in the missing values for gender, age group, color, and size for each of your products on Shopify.
3. Save the updated information and wait for Google to review your products.
4. Check the status of your products on Google Merchant Center and be patient.
If you need help getting listed on Google or running ads, Clarice Lin offers services on claricelin.com. Don't forget to like, subscribe, and hit the notification bell to stay updated on her future videos.
- Fill in the missing values for enhanced listings to improve the visibility of your products on Google Shopping tab.
- Update the information manually for each product on Shopify and wait for Google to review it.
- Check the status of your products on Google Merchant Center and be patient.
How To Add Product Categories In Shopify | For Dropshipping (2022)
How to Add Product Categories in Shopify
In this video, we will show you how to add product categories on Shopify. It is important to note that you cannot add product categories from the online store editor. You must do this before you start editing your store.
1. Log in to your Shopify store homepage and click on Online Store.
2. Click on Navigation and then Add Menu.
3. Click on Add Menu Item and type in the name of your category. Click Add.
4. Add a page and drag it to the right to create a subcategory.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to add more subcategories.
6. Go to View Online Store to begin editing your online store.
7. Click on Edit Home Page and then Catalog.
8. Create pages for each category you added in step 3.
9. Click on Collections and add the pages you just created.
10. Go to your product section and add the collections to your products.
11. Create a page for each category by clicking on Online Store and then Pages.
12. Click on Add Page and type in the name of your category. Click Save.
13. Go back to Navigation and add the page as a subcategory.
14. View your online store to see your new categories.
Tips and Tricks:
- Do not go overboard with creating too many categories and subcategories.
- The basic version of Shopify starts at $29 per month.
- The higher paid versions of Shopify have lower transactional fees.
- Customize your own ecommerce store with your own code and product categories.
Adding product categories to your Shopify store is simple and easy. With these step-by-step instructions, you can create as many categories and subcategories as you need. Don't forget to customize your store with your own code and make it unique to your brand.
How To Add Product Categories In Shopify (Step By Step)
How to Add Product Categories in Shopify: Step by Step
If you're running an online store on Shopify, it's important to categorize your products so that your customers can easily find what they're looking for. In this article, we'll show you how to add product categories in Shopify step by step.
1. Make sure you have a Shopify store and account. If you don't have one, visit Shopify.com and sign up for a free account.
2. Go to your Shopify account's home page and click on Online Store on the left-hand side panel.
3. Click on View your store to see what your store looks like. By default, you'll have three menus: home, catalog, and contact.
4. To add a new menu, go to the Navigation tab on the left-hand side panel and click on Main Menu.
5. Click on the Add menu item button and name your new menu Product Categories.
6. Link the new menu to your home page for now.
7. Organize your menu by dragging and dropping menu items. Add sub-menus by dragging items to the right.
8. Add categories for your products by clicking on Add menu item and naming them accordingly. Don't forget to link them to your home page for now.
9. Save your menu.
10. Go to the Pages section on the left-hand side panel and click on Add page.
11. Title your page and add content if desired. Repeat this step for each category you created.
12. Duplicate a page if you want to create a new page that's similar to an existing one.
13. Go back to the Navigation tab and click on Main Menu again.
14. Edit the Product Categories menu item and link it to the corresponding category page.
15. Apply changes and save your menu.
Adding product categories in Shopify is a simple process that can help your customers easily find what they're looking for. By following these steps, you can organize your online store and make it more user-friendly. If you have any questions, feel free to comment below.
Set Up Your Shopify Product Feed using the Google Shopping App
In this video, you will learn how to set up your product feed for Google Shopping with the Google Shopping App for your Shopify store. This method has been used to generate a lot of sales for stores.
Steps to set up the feed:
1. Set up your Google Merchant Center account by adding business information, shipping information, and returns and refund information.
2. Claim and verify your website.
3. Install the Google Shopping App on your Shopify dashboard.
4. Connect your Google account and complete the setup by following the checklist.
5. Optimize your feed by editing each product field in the table, including the product title, description, Google products category, and MPN.
6. Fix any errors or disapprovals listed in the Google Merchant Center account.
7. Create your Google Shopping campaigns.
Optimizing your feed:
- Craft an optimized title that is descriptive and relevant to what customers may search for.
- Edit the description to make it clean and descriptive.
- Check the Google product categories list for the most relevant category for your product and paste it into the cell.
- Add in the MPN, which is unique to every product.
- Edit other fields depending on your product category.
Setting up your product feed for Google Shopping can help you generate more sales and profits for your store. Follow the steps outlined in this video and optimize your feed to make it easier for Google to show your products to the right customers. Don't forget to fix any errors or disapprovals and create your Google Shopping campaigns to start making sales for your store.
How To Add Product Categories In Shopify | Dropshipping 2022
Hello everyone and welcome back to our channel! Today, we are going to discuss how to add product categories in Shopify. In this video, we will demonstrate all the necessary steps to add product categories in Shopify, how to create pages for each category, and how to link them with product categories. So, watch this video till the end to better understand all these steps.
To use Shopify, you need to have an account on it. If you already have a Shopify account, click on the login button on the top right corner. Otherwise, click on the start free trial button to create a Shopify account. After successfully logging in or signing up, you will be redirected to your dashboard.
Now, we are going to demonstrate how you can add product categories in your Shopify store. Let's first see the current view of our Shopify store. Click on the online store tab in the left sidebar, and on the online store page, click on the view your store button on the top right side. Your online store will open in a new window, and here is a look at it.
Steps to Add Product Categories in Shopify:
1. Click on the navigation tab under the online stores section in the left sidebar.
2. Click on the main menu button.
3. Rename this main menu and edit or delete the related items.
4. Click on the add menu item button at the bottom of the menu items.
5. Enter the name of the menu item (product category name) and select any page from the list.
6. Click on the add button at the bottom right corner.
7. Move your cursor to the left side and drag the menu item to move it and arrange the order.
8. To create subcategories, move the menu item towards the right, and it will be added as a sub-menu under the product categories.
To create separate pages for each category, click on the pages tab under your online stores section. Here you will see all the pages that are created for your Shopify store. Click on the add page button on the top right side, enter the name of your product category, and write a description or add the products link. Click on the save button at the bottom right corner. Repeat these steps to create pages for all your product categories.
To link these pages with the categories, click on the navigation tab, and then click on the main menu. Click on the edit button next to the product category, select pages from the list in the link section, select the created page, and finally click on the apply changes button. Repeat the same steps for adding page links to each product category.
In this tutorial, we have demonstrated how to add product categories in Shopify, create separate pages for each category, and link them with product categories. We hope you found this video helpful. If you have any suggestions or want us to make a video on any specific topic, feel free to comment below. Stay tuned and stay subscribed to our channel!
How to Setup Shopify's Google Channel App w/ Google Shopping Product Feed Ads (2021 Tutorial)
In this Nexusdigital tutorial, we will guide you through the process of adding the Google Channel App made by Shopify to your Shopify store website. This app will link to the backend of your website and allow you to run ads through Google Merchant Center for Google Shopping. It also provides you with free listings for organic shoppers.
Setting up the Google Channel App:
To add the Google Channel App made by Shopify to your Shopify store website, go to the Shopify App Store and search for Google Channel. Find the one made by Shopify and add it to your store. Connect your Google account and go through all the app guidelines and setup permissions. Then create a new Merchant Center account directly from the tool and select your target market, language, and shipping settings.
After setting up your account, your products will be pending for a few days. This could take up to three to five business days. During this time, you can set up the remainder of the elements that you need in place in your Google Merchant Center account.
The Google Channel App made by Shopify is a free and easy way to link your Shopify store website to Google Merchant Center for Google Shopping. By completing some housekeeping tasks and following the steps outlined in this tutorial, you can easily set up the app and start running ads in no time. If you need any help or have any questions, feel free to reach out to Nexusdigital for assistance.
- Move WordPress Domain to Shopify
- Aspen Essence: Shopify's Finest
- Maximize Your Monthly Shopify Earnings
- Try Shopify for Free
- Top Shopify Theme Developers: Find Your Perfect Theme Now!
- Shopify Cyber Monday Deals
- Shopify Devs Earn High Salaries
- Using Personal PayPal for Shopify: Possible?
- Boost Your Shopify Theme Speed
- 2020 Shopify Marketing: Winning Strategies