how do i put my shopify store under construction
Hey guys, welcome back to my YouTube channel! It's been a while since I've posted a video. In my last video, I shared with you guys that I was pregnant and had my son. We've been enjoying him, and now I'm back on YouTube. Today, I want to share with you how you can put your shop on vacation mode and make it unavailable.
Steps to Put Your Shop on Vacation Mode:
1. Click on the online store and go to preferences.
2. Scroll down to password protected and click enable.
3. Type in your password and the message you want your visitors to see while you're gone.
4. Save those settings, and your store will look like it's under construction.
5. You can also use this for exclusives if you only want to give the password out to certain customers.
Pausing Your Paid Subscription:
1. Head over to your settings and click on plan.
2. Click on pause or activate store, depending on what you need.
3. It's straightforward to pause your store and looks more professional.
- Cleverfox sent me a weekly planner that is really cool.
- The planner is my go-to now, and I love it.
- You can grab your planner via Amazon.
- Let me know what other Shopify small business videos you guys want to see.
Putting your shop on vacation mode is super easy and free. It's great if you're going on vacation or need to fix things on the back end. Pausing your paid subscription is also easy and looks more professional. I hope this video helped you out, and I'll catch you in my next one. Bye!
Shopify Tutorial for Beginners 2022 (FULL Store Setup Guide)
In this Shopify tutorial, I'm going to guide you step by step on how to build a professional Shopify store from start to finish. We'll cover every step, from signing up to Shopify to launching your finished store, ready to sell your products. This includes choosing a theme, customizing your store website, adding products to your store, and setting up legal pages, payment providers, and shipping information. I won't waste your time with irrelevant information or try to sell you a dropshipping course for $9.97. This video will simply help you efficiently get your Shopify store up and running while also learning how to use Shopify.
- The purpose of this Shopify tutorial is to guide you through the process of building a professional Shopify store from start to finish.
Steps to Build Your Shopify Store:
1. Sign up for a 14-day free trial on Shopify.
- Visit medicsmedia.com/shopify or click the link in the video description.
- Enter your email address and set a password for your new Shopify account.
- Fill out your name and business address, which is required to create a new Shopify account.
- Once inside the Shopify dashboard, we'll start building out your store.
2. Choose a theme for your online store.
- Go to Online Store > Themes.
- Preview the default theme (Dawn) or explore free themes.
- Choose a theme that fits your brand or product offerings.
- We'll use the Brooklyn theme as an example.
3. Customize your store website.
- Use the Shopify editor to build out your website sections.
- Start with the header section and add your logo and announcement bar.
- Add a slideshow section with high-quality images and a call to action button.
- Use a rich text section to add information about your brand or products.
- Add a collection list or featured collection section to showcase your products.
4. Add products to your store.
- Go to Products > Add product.
- Add product information, including title, description, price, and images.
- Organize your products into collections.
5. Set up legal pages, payment providers, and shipping information.
- Connect payment providers, such as PayPal or Stripe.
- Set up shipping zones and rates.
By following these steps, you'll have a professional Shopify store ready to launch and sell your products. Remember to choose a theme that fits your brand, add high-quality images and informative content, and set up legal and payment information. With Shopify, building an online store has never been easier.
How to Create and Edit Shopify Pages on Your Shopify Store
Hello everyone! Today we will be discussing how to add and edit pages on your Shopify store. Let's dive in!
Adding and editing pages on your Shopify store can be a great way to showcase your products and connect with your customers. By following a few simple steps, you can create custom pages that reflect your brand and help boost your sales.
## Adding Pages
To add a new page to your Shopify store, first, navigate to the Online Store section in your Shopify admin. From there, click on the Pages tab and then select the Add Page button. Next, add a title for your page and begin customizing the content using text, links, images, and more.
## Customizing Pages
Customizing the content on your pages is easy and intuitive, just like working on a Word document. You can use formatting tools to bold, italicize, or add links to your text, as well as insert images, videos, and tables to enhance your page layout. You can also choose from a variety of page templates to achieve the look and feel you want.
## Tips and Tricks
Here are a few additional tips and tricks for creating great Shopify pages:
- Use alt text for images to improve website accessibility and SEO.
- Always preview your pages before publishing to ensure they look great.
- Use tables to create organized and easy-to-read content, such as price lists or product comparisons.
- Remember to use headings and subheadings to break up text and make it more readable.
- Finally, don't be afraid to experiment and try new things!
Adding and editing pages on your Shopify store is a great way to connect with your customers and showcase your products. By following these simple steps and tips, you can create custom pages that stand out and help boost your sales. Happy creating!
Shopify Tutorial for Beginners 2022 | Set up a Shopify Store in 13 Minutes
In this Shopify tutorial for beginners, we will show you step by step how to use Shopify to build your own online store from complete scratch. Let's not waste any time and get started!
- Shopify tutorial for beginners
- Build your own online store from scratch
Step 1: Get a 14-day free trial for Shopify
- Go to the description of this video and click on the first link or go to medicsmedia.com/shopify
- Sign up for a new Shopify account
- Type in your email and click on start free trial
- Set your password and click on create your store
- Skip the survey by clicking on skip
Step 2: Choose a store theme
- On the left side menu, click on online store and then on themes
- Scroll down and click on explore free themes
- Choose a theme that fits your business
Step 3: Customize your store
- Click on customize to start building out your store
- Edit your store pages like home page, product pages, and collection pages
- Rearrange or delete sections as needed
- Add new sections by clicking on add section on the left side
Step 4: Set up legal pages and footer menu
- Go to settings and then policies to generate policies using Shopify templates
- Add legal pages to footer menu under online store navigation and footer menu
- Add social media links to footer menu under theme settings
Step 5: Customize top menu
- Go to online store navigation and main menu
- Add and delete links on your top menu
Step 6: Style your store
- Match the design of your new store to your brand colors and fonts
- Add your brand logo under favicon
- Add your logo to checkout pages
Step 7: Disable password protection and choose a plan
- Go to online store and preferences
- Disable password protection and choose a Shopify plan
- Set up payment providers under payments
- Your new online store is live and people can visit your website
- Go through important settings to ensure your store is ready to launch.
How to verify your site with Google and submit a sitemap || Shopify Help Center
If you want to improve the search engine optimization of your online store, you should consider submitting a sitemap to Google and verifying your site. In this article, we will guide you on how to do both.
Verifying your site:
- Open Google Search Console and log in or create an account.
- If your online store is live, stay on the page. If it is password-protected, disable the password.
- Choose between the Domain or URL prefix option, depending on your domain type.
- Copy the HTML tag and paste it into your theme's code.
- Click Verify and wait for the pop-up that says Ownership verified.
Submitting your sitemap:
- From the main Google Search Console page, click Sitemaps.
- Enter sitemap.xml and click Submit.
- If there are errors, troubleshoot and resubmit.
- Google will use your sitemap to crawl and index your site, making it easier for customers to find.
By following these steps, you can improve your online store's search engine optimization and make it easier for customers to find and buy your products. Remember to keep your site verified and your sitemap updated for optimal results.
How To Build A Coming Soon Page Before You Launch
Creating a Coming Soon Page for Your Business
In this article, we will discuss how to create a coming soon page that can help you gather traction and start your marketing while you prepare for your launch.
Elements needed on the Coming Soon Page:
1. Explain what is coming soon: Talk about your products, your company, and yourself. Let them know when it's coming.
2. Email Collection: Start capturing email addresses for incentives like early bird pricing or explicit discounts.
3. Line of Communication: Include a line of communication via email, social media, or even a live chat app through Shopify Inbox to gather feedback from customers.
4. Social Media Sharing Buttons: Provide an easy way for people to spread the word by including social media sharing buttons.
Two ways to create the Coming Soon Page:
1. Use the Password Page: Enable password protection on your store to create a splash page with a sign-up form. This is the easy way to create a coming soon page.
2. Duplicate Theme: Duplicate your current theme and customize it to showcase your products, include galleries, and create multiple pages like an about page or a contact page.
Creating a coming soon page can help you start your marketing while preparing for your launch. Whether you use the password page or duplicate theme, make sure to include the necessary elements and gather feedback from your customers. Good luck!
The OFFICIAL Shopify Tutorial: Set Up Your Store the Right Way
If you haven't started your own e-commerce store yet, there's no better time than now. With Shopify's latest version, Online Store 2.0, you can easily start your own shop and sell products online. In this four-part series, we'll show you how to start a Shopify store from scratch, even if you're a beginner. Shopify is perfect for anyone, whether you're a small business owner or a big brand. Plus, millions of successful brands are currently using Shopify to sell their products.
Section 1: What is Shopify and is it right for you?
Shopify is a platform that allows you to sell products online, in-person, and on social media and online marketplaces. It has built-in tools to help you with digital marketing, and a dashboard to manage your orders, shipping, and payments. Shopify offers a 14-day free trial, and you can choose between free and paid plans, depending on your business's size and needs.
Section 2: How to create a Shopify account and choose a theme
Creating a Shopify account is easy. You can choose a custom domain name and select a theme to customize your store's look and feel. We recommend using the Dawn theme, which is free and has many features to help you make more sales. You can also choose from other free and premium themes, depending on your business's needs. Once you've selected a theme, you can edit your homepage and product pages to make them look professional and attractive.
Section 3: Editing your homepage and product pages
Your homepage is the first impression that customers will get of your store, so it's important to make it look great. Use high-quality images or videos of your products and add a subhead, headline, and call-to-action button. You can also add sections that showcase your brand ethos, like FAQs and reviews. For your product pages, create a unique template that showcases your products and includes videos or other rich media. Make sure to pay attention to the details and create a great user experience for your customers.
With Shopify, it's easy to start your own e-commerce store and sell products online. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced business owner, Shopify has everything you need to succeed. Start your 14-day free trial today and begin building your own Shopify store.