how to assign a template to a page shopify
Shopify 2.0 Templates Tutorial: Create Different Layouts for Product and Collection Pages
Shopify 2.0 is a powerful platform that allows you to create different templates for product and collection pages. This feature is often underrated, but it can be incredibly useful in customizing your store. In this tutorial, we will explore how to create page templates and use them to create unique layouts for your products and collections.
Using Templates for Customization:
One of the most common questions from store owners is how to add a feature to one product page without affecting the rest of the products on their store. With page templates, this is easy to accomplish. For example, if you want to add a gift message field to a product, you can create a page template for that product and add the field only to that template.
Creating Different Designs for Product Pages:
Another use for page templates is to create different designs for different product pages. For example, if you have flagship products that you want to highlight, you can create a unique template for those products that includes additional features and information. All Birds is a great example of a store that uses this technique effectively, with separate templates for their sneakers and beanie products.
Using Templates for Collection Pages:
Page templates can also be used for collection pages, allowing you to create unique layouts for different collections. All Birds uses this technique to great effect, with different image banners for each collection that appeal to specific customer needs and scenarios.
Using Templates for Static Pages:
Finally, page templates can also be used for static pages like your about page or team page. By creating unique templates for each of these pages, you can give your store a cohesive and professional look.
Overall, page templates are an incredibly useful feature in Shopify 2.0. They allow you to customize your store and create unique designs for your products and collections. By using page templates effectively, you can create a store that stands out and appeals to customers. So if you haven't already upgraded to a Shopify 2.0 theme, now is the time to do so!
How To Make Custom Shopify Layout Templates, Sections, and Themes
Hey everyone, it's Scott here with the five day startup. In this video, I'm going to show you how to create custom themes in Shopify using the Debut theme as an example. If you're looking to make a custom page, you may have noticed that Shopify's default theme doesn't offer a user-friendly interface for editing pages. But with this trick, you can create custom themes for any Shopify theme.
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
1. Go to Shopify's theme customization page and select the theme you want to edit.
2. Click on the Templates tab and select Page.
3. Create a new section by clicking on Add a new section.
4. Give your section a name and select the type of plugin you want to use.
5. Copy and paste the code I provide in the description into your section.
6. Save your section and repeat the process for any additional sections you want to add.
7. Edit your page by selecting your custom theme under the Theme tab.
It's that simple! No coding required, just copy and paste. With this trick, you can easily edit pages by clicking and dragging photos and short bits of HTML in different sections. It may seem complicated at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's a breeze.
- Creating custom themes in Shopify is easy and doesn't require any coding.
- By following these steps, you can create a user-friendly interface for editing pages.
- Copy and paste the code provided in the description to add custom sections to your theme.
- Edit your page using your custom theme under the Theme tab.
Give it a try and let me know how it works for you!
Adding New Pages in Shopify 2.0
1. Access the theme customizer by clicking on the customize button.
2. Click on the drop-down menu under the home page to access other pages and page templates.
3. Create new page templates for the about page, contact page, and FAQs, or any other pages you need based on your business needs.
4. Customize the sections on each page template to fit your design and content preferences.
5. Save your changes and preview your pages.
If you want to automate your dropshipping process, there are a few steps you can take:
1. Use apps such as Oberlo or Dropified to import products from suppliers and automate the order fulfillment process.
2. Use Google Analytics to track your website traffic and analyze customer behavior.
3. Use email marketing to engage with customers and encourage repeat purchases.
4. Use social media platforms to promote your products and connect with potential customers.
By following these steps, you can streamline your dropshipping process and focus on growing your business.
HOW TO MAKE CUSTOM SHOPIFY PAGE LAYOUT TEMPLATES, SECTIONS, AND THEMES | SHOPIFY 2.0 TUTORIAL 2022
Creating Custom Page Templates with Shopify 2.0
In this article, we will be discussing how to create custom page templates with Shopify 2.0, which is a great feature released about a year ago. We will show you how to create a custom page template and use one of the sections to set it up. We will also show you how to use the FAQ section as a standalone page.
1. Go to the back end of your Shopify store and click on customize in your theme.
2. Scroll down and find the FAQ accordion drop down.
3. Create a new template by going to home page pages and clicking create a new template or create templates.
4. Name the template FAQ and base it on the default page.
5. Preview the page and hide the page content.
6. Add the FAQ section by typing F and selecting the default option.
7. Design the section with your preferred settings.
8. Save the page and categorize the sections as desired.
9. Create a new page and assign the new custom page template.
10. Assign the page to the navigation.
- This process can work for any theme.
- You can use previous templates to create new pages.
- Reach out to [email protected] for assistance.
Creating custom page templates with Shopify 2.0 is a great way to create beautiful landing pages on any page. By following these steps, you can easily set up a custom FAQ page and assign it to your navigation. Don't forget to reach out to ecomgraduates.com if you need assistance. Like, comment, and subscribe to our YouTube channel for more helpful videos.
How To Add Sections To ANY Shopify Page | Add More Sections To Shopify Pages
In this video tutorial, Jake shows how to add sections to any page on a Shopify store.
- Jake introduces the problem of limited customization options on Shopify store pages, especially outside of the home page.
- Jake demonstrates how to create a test page and duplicate the theme to ensure no mistakes are made.
- He then goes to the theme editor and creates a new page template called test.
- In the code section of the new template, Jake uses a simple code to add in the desired sections. He shows how to add in a rich text section, a newsletter section, and a map section.
- Jake warns that not all sections will work with this method and suggests split testing to find out which sections work.
- After saving the changes, Jake switches the page template to test and refreshes the page to see the newly added sections.
- Jake shows how to access the new sections in the page editor, but notes that dragging and dropping sections is not possible as it was manually created.
- With this simple code, anyone can add sections to any page on their Shopify store and improve the overall look and feel of their site.
Shopify Tutorial: How to create a Custom Section and add it to a Page Template
In this tutorial, we will be learning how to create a custom section in your Shopify store, which will allow merchants to add or modify content on their pages. A section is a template that provides a more visual way of adding or customizing content on a Shopify store without having to code.
Types of Sections:
- Text: A single line of text that can be added to the page.
- Text Area: Allows the merchant to add multiple lines of text to their page.
- Image Picker: Allows the merchants to upload images onto the page.
- Radio Button: Gives the merchants different options that can be selected, such as aligning an image left, center, or right.
- Select: A drop-down menu that provides the merchants with multiple different options to choose from.
- Checkbox: Usually a toggle to show or hide something like a button.
- Range: A slider that allows the merchant to display how many products per row or change the font size for their text.
Creating a Custom Text Section:
- Click on your online store and go to the themes page.
- Click the actions drop-down menu and right-click on edit code and click on open link in a new tab.
- Right-click on pages and do the same thing to open a new tab.
- Create a new page template by clicking add a new template and selecting page. Call it page tutorial.
- Scroll down and create a new section by clicking add a new section and call it tutorial create section.
- Replace the default code with the code provided in the written version.
- Add the custom section to the page template by hitting every bracket page section and calling it tutorial.
- Save and go to your pages tab to add a new page and call it tutorial.
- Select the page tutorial J template under the template suffix drop-down menu.
- Click on customize and add the custom text section to the page.
- Type in the label and enter a single line of text content.
- Save and enjoy the flexibility of the Shopify platform.
Creating a custom section in your Shopify store is simple and provides merchants with the flexibility to add or modify content without having to code. With the various types of sections available, merchants can create unique and visually appealing pages. Shopify makes it easy to customize your online store and we hope this tutorial has been helpful.
How to create alternate templates for products, collections, pages and blogs
Hey guys, in this week's video I'm going to show you how to create alternate templates for different sections of your store, such as pages, products, collections, and blogs. Let's say you have a specific product that you don't want to show the price for, I'll show you how to do that.
Creating alternate templates for different sections of your store can be helpful when you want to customize the look and feel of specific pages or products. In this article, I'll show you step-by-step how to create an alternate template for a product and remove the price from it.
1. Go to your admin panel and click on Online Store
2. Click on Themes and select the template you're currently using
3. Click on the three dots and select Edit HTML
4. Open the regular product template in the templates section
5. If you don't have any alternate templates, create one and select which template to use
6. Click on Add New Template and name it, for example, No Price
7. Copy the code from the regular product template to the new No Price template
8. In the No Price template, remove or comment out the code for the price
9. Save the template and refresh the product page
10. Select the No Price template and refresh the page again
Creating alternate templates for different sections of your store can help you customize your website to your liking. By following these simple steps, you can create an alternate template for a product and remove the price from it. If you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to reach out to me through LinkedIn, Twitter, Skype, or email. Don't forget to subscribe to my channel for more helpful videos like this one. Thanks for watching!