How to Set up an Abandoned Cart Email on Shopify
When it comes to online shopping, abandoned carts are a common occurrence. As an e-commerce business owner, it can be frustrating to see potential customers leave items in their cart without completing the purchase. However, there is a solution to this problem: abandoned cart emails. In this article, we will discuss how to set up an abandoned cart email on Shopify.
Step 1: Enable Abandoned Cart Emails
- Log in to your Shopify account
- Go to Settings and then click on Notifications
- Scroll down until you see the Abandoned Checkout section
- Click on the checkbox next to Automatically send abandoned checkout emails
Step 2: Customize Your Email Template
- Click on the Customize button next to the Abandoned Checkout section
- You will be taken to a page where you can customize your email template
- Include a catchy subject line to grab the customer's attention
- Add a personalized message to encourage the customer to complete their purchase
- Include a clear call-to-action button that links back to their abandoned cart
Step 3: Test Your Email
- Before sending out your abandoned cart email, it's important to test it first
- Click on the Preview button to see what your email will look like
- Send a test email to yourself to ensure everything is working properly
Step 4: Set Up Email Timing
- Decide when you want to send out your abandoned cart email
- Shopify allows you to send out the email 1, 6, 10, or 24 hours after the cart was abandoned
- Consider testing different timing options to see what works best for your business
Step 5: Track Your Results
- After sending out your abandoned cart emails, track the results
- Look at the open and click-through rates to see how effective your emails are
- Use this information to make improvements to your email template and timing
Setting up an abandoned cart email on Shopify is a simple and effective way to recover lost sales. By following these steps, you can create a personalized email that encourages customers to complete their purchase. Don't let abandoned carts go to waste - set up your abandoned cart email today and start recovering lost sales.
In this article, we will be discussing how to set up the abandoned cart email feature within Shopify. This feature allows you to send automated emails to customers who have abandoned their shopping cart on your website.
Steps to Set Up Abandoned Cart Emails:
1. Log into your Shopify store and navigate to the settings menu.
2. Click on checkout options and scroll down to the abandoned checkout section.
3. Checkmark the option to automatically send abandoned checkout emails.
4. Choose whether to send the email to anyone who abandoned checkout or just email subscribers.
5. Choose when to send the email, with options ranging from one hour to 24 hours.
6. Click on the customize email button to make changes to the email body text.
7. Test the email by sending a test notification to your email.
8. Save the changes and you're done!
Customizing the Email:
1. The email body text is in HTML format, so you can change certain sentences within the code.
2. Make sure to change the text according to the type of products you are selling in your store.
3. For example, if your store sells only dry bones, change the word item to bone in the email text.
Viewing Abandoned Checkouts:
1. Navigate to the orders menu and select abandoned checkouts under the draft section.
2. Here you can view a list of customers who have abandoned their cart and the reason why the email was not sent.
3. Check out Shopify's abandoned checkout help support page for more information on the reasons why the email may not have been sent.
Setting up the abandoned cart email feature is a great way to recover lost sales on your website. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can set up automated emails to remind customers of the items they left behind in their shopping cart. Remember to customize the email to fit your store's products and to check the abandoned checkout help support page for more information.
- 10 Tools We Use In Our Online Business Everyday
- How to Get Your Audience to Engage With Your Content
- How to Create Shopify Bogo Discounts
- Building A Sales Funnel LIVE
- How to Connect Google Analytics to Shopify
- Success Is a Horrible Teacher for Local Business Owners
- How to Post to Instagram Stories From Your Computer
- How to Navigate a Business Launch Through COVID-19 With Sam Camarillo
- How to Import a CSV List to Shopify
- All Businesses Are The Same