I Tried Working for DoorDash! Here's How Much I Made.
Have you ever considered working for a food delivery service like DoorDash? I did, and in this article, I'll share my experience and tell you how much money I made.
I. Signing up for DoorDash
- Quick and easy registration process
- Background check required
II. How much money I made
- Made $10-15 per delivery
- Completed 3-4 deliveries per hour
- Worked 20 hours total
- Earned $300-400 total
III. Pros and cons of working for DoorDash
- Flexible schedule
- Easy to use app
- Decent pay for part-time work
- Wear and tear on your car
- No benefits or job security
- Can be stressful during busy times
IV. Tips for maximizing earnings
- Work during peak hours
- Accept deliveries in busy areas
- Be friendly and professional with customers
- Use a fuel-efficient car
Working for DoorDash was a decent way to make some extra cash on the side, but it's not a sustainable career choice. If you're looking for a flexible part-time job and have a reliable car, it might be worth considering. Just be aware of the potential downsides and take steps to maximize your earnings.
Comparing My Experience as a Food Delivery Driver: Postmates vs. DoorDash
I recently made a video discussing my experience with Postmates, an online food delivery service, and how much money I made. I received positive feedback and decided to make a separate video comparing another food delivery service, DoorDash. In this video, I will break down how much I earned, how much time I spent on the job, and the equivalent hourly wage. This will help you determine if it's worth it to work for DoorDash or stick to a minimum wage job.
DoorDash vs. Postmates:
- Delivering during meal times is significantly better than delivering in between meals
- DoorDash has hotspot zones where drivers can get orders immediately
- Orders on DoorDash are more predictable due to their emphasis on scheduling deliveries
- Top Dashers do not have to schedule deliveries, but this is only available for a limited time
- DoorDash has a pay adjustment for drivers in California due to Prop 22
- DoorDash reports two separate times: dash time and active time
- Dash time includes waiting time and driving time to return home after completing an order
- Hourly wage for DoorDash was $29.60, but does not include gas money, car maintenance, or miscellaneous fees
- Hourly wage may be lower for those who do not live in California or in areas with low tipping rates
- DoorDash is flexible and allows drivers to work whenever they want
Overall, I am happy with my results from working for DoorDash. While the hourly wage may not be as high when accounting for additional expenses, the flexibility of the job makes it worth it for those who want to earn some extra money on the side. I recommend checking out my Postmates video for a comparison and deciding which app is best for you. Thank you for watching!
- 4 Innovative Cryptos For Massive Growth in 2022
- Why He Bought Metaverse Real Estate for $2.5 Million
- Shopify Beginner's Tutorial PT1 - How To Set Up Shopify For Dropshipping
- How to Fulfill Orders when Dropshipping on Shopify 2018
- My First Shopify Dropshipping Store $4,000 A Month (Story)
- 4 Things To Avoid When Selling On Shopify | Dropshipping Beginners Guide
- Is $20,000 a Month Possible With Shopify Dropshipping?
- What I Wish I knew Before Selling On Shopify
- Products To Avoid When Dropshipping on Shopify
- Shopify Backlash |Dealing With The Negativity Of Dropshipping