Managing Dropshipping Shipping
Welcome to AliDropship channel, your guide to the world of dropshipping. In this article, we will share our first-hand dropshipping knowledge with you to help you start changing your life for the better.
Processing an Order:
1. Check for errors in personal details: It's not unusual for customers to make typos in their personal details. If the info provided by the client seems weird, don't be shy to write them an email. Ask them to confirm their personal data and the order details to save both of you from probable returns and refunds in the future.
2. Watch out for fraud: Sometimes, weird order details are a clear sign of fraud. Ask your client to show you their ID if you notice differences in the names or countries of residence. Return the money if no documents are provided and forget about this situation.
3. Contact the AliExpress supplier: It takes up to 7 days for AliExpress sellers to take note of your order, assemble the package, and send it to the buyer. So, if you want your customers to get their purchase as soon as possible, you need to get in touch with the original AliExpress supplier right after receiving an order.
4. Activate automatic order fulfillment settings: Instead of memorizing the status and progress of every future order, activate and save automatic order fulfillment settings to save yourself time to focus on more important business tasks.
5. Communicate with the client: Notify the client of the order status, delivery progress, package tracking, etc. The easiest way to do it is via email. AliDropship plugin can connect to lots of user-friendly mailing services to let you send the necessary emails automatically.
6. Prepare basic letter templates: Think of the situations that require you to email a buyer and prepare a basic letter template for each of these occasions.
7. Review your marketing efforts: Knowing how this client stumbled upon your store, you will be able to review and improve your marketing efforts and as a result, boost performance.
Your very first order is a great achievement, proving that you're moving in the right direction. Now you need to keep going, and it's possible that in order to stimulate more purchases, you will need to make some changes in your store. Follow our expert team's advice, and subscribe to our channel to stay tuned for more valuable insights.
👀 What You NEED To Know Before Dropshipping
Is Dropshipping Dead? My Honest Opinion
- Despite successful dropshipping case studies, some still believe dropshipping is dead
- People make assumptions that are wrong and lead to failure
- Understanding these assumptions is crucial for success in dropshipping
- It's too late to start a store
- E-packet rates kill dropshipping
- Most businesses fail
- People will just buy from Amazon instead
- It's not too late as impulse purchases are increasing
- Successful stores target impulse buyers and sell products that trigger emotions
- Customers won't buy from Amazon if they see unique and interesting products
- Dropshipping is not a scam as pricing is subjective and customers decide if it's worth it
- Saturation is a product problem, not a fulfillment problem
- E-packet is still available and alternative shipping options are emerging
- Failure in dropshipping is mainly due to lack of marketing knowledge and experience
- The learning curve of marketing and sales is crucial for success in dropshipping
- The one percent who succeed invest time and money to overcome the learning curve
- Download our free eBook for more information on the six steps to making over ten thousand dollars a month in dropshipping.
How To Handle Shopify Refunds And Returns | Shopify Dropshipping
In this article, we will be discussing how to deal with refunds in an e-commerce business. Refunds are a part of every business, but there are ways to minimize them. Here are some tips:
1. Set up a terms of refund policy on your website explicitly laying out your refund policy.
2. Structure your refund policy in a way that only refunds unopened products that are sent back to you personally.
3. When refunding, go to the orders page, click on the order, scroll down, and hit the refund button.
By following these tips, you can eliminate or reduce the amount of refunds you have to give out. It is important to have a refund policy in place on your website to avoid any confusion or misunderstandings. Additionally, make sure to be polite when telling customers that you cannot offer a refund, and refer them back to the refund policy page. If you have any questions or roadblocks in reaching your business goals, leave a comment below, and we will do our best to help. Don't forget to subscribe for more helpful content and hit the notification bell to be notified of our latest videos. Remember, our goal is to help everyone on this channel reach at least $100 a day, and it is totally doable.
Understanding the "Shipping" in Dropshipping
Shipping and dropshipping can be a difficult concept to understand, but once you get the hang of it, it's actually quite simple. However, it can be hard to perfect, which is why it's one of the top questions we receive from our customers. In this article, we will dive into the details of shipping and dropshipping, including the different options for shipping policies and how to choose the best carrier account for your business.
Deciding on a Shipping Policy
When it comes to deciding on a shipping policy, there are three common options: free shipping, flat rate shipping, and matching your supplier's cost for shipping. Each option has its pros and cons, and it's up to you to decide which one works best for your ecommerce store.
- Free Shipping: Offering free shipping is a common option for many ecommerce stores, but it can be difficult to recoup the cost. To compensate, some store owners mark up their product prices, but this can be hard to do for both cheap and expensive products. Offering free shipping for orders over a certain amount is a good compromise.
- Flat Rate Shipping: Flat rate shipping offers customers a consistent price for shipping, regardless of the weight of the product. This can be appealing to customers, but it's riskier for the store owner as they may not know the exact cost of shipping.
- Matching Supplier's Cost: Matching your supplier's cost for shipping is the safest option as it ensures you're not losing money on shipping. However, it can be difficult to compete with other stores offering free or lower-cost shipping.
Choosing a Carrier Account
When choosing a carrier account, it's important to consider whether you want to use your own carrier account or your
How To Not Get Sued When Drop Shipping!
Anton from dropshiplifestyle.com conducts live webinars every two weeks and has noticed that many people are concerned about getting sued while dropshipping. He addresses this topic and shares his insights in this episode of Dropship Weekly.
Product Level Liability:
Selling products that are copyrighted or trademarked without authorization can result in getting sued. It is essential to get approved by companies that make legitimate products before selling them.
Structuring Your Business Entity:
Choosing an LLC or an S corporation provides some asset protection from getting sued. It is crucial to separate personal and business assets and have a separate bank account for the business.
Sole Proprietor vs. LLC vs. S Corporation:
Being a sole proprietor means doing business as yourself. Liability lies with the individual, and personal assets can be at risk. LLC and S corporation provide some asset protection and have a separate legal entity.
It is important to do business the right way, get authorized, and not sell products that are not legitimate. Setting up an LLC or an S corporation provides some asset protection and separates personal and business assets.
Top 10 Mistakes Beginner Dropshippers Make (Shopify)
In this article, we will discuss the top 10 mistakes that you should avoid before starting your dropshipping business. These mistakes can be crucial and can lead to the complete destruction of your business. Therefore, it is important to take these actionable tips seriously and implement them into your business strategy.
Mistake #1: Not Checking Shipping Times for Countries
- It is important to check the shipping times for the countries you are advertising to.
- Different countries may have different shipping times, and you may need to find different suppliers for each country.
- Avoid sending products with long shipping times as it can lead to unhappy customers and bad business.
Mistake #2: Setting Unrealistic Goals
- Dropshipping is not a get-rich-quick scheme and takes time and effort.
- Expect to learn as much as you can in the beginning and don't expect to make a lot of money right away.
- The initial goal should be to overcome the hurdle of making sales, and then scaling can be relatively simple.
Mistake #3: Starting Out with a Low Budget
- Starting with a two or three thousand dollar budget is recommended to test products.
- Starting with a hundred or two hundred dollars may not be sufficient and may lead to the perception that the business model does not work.
- If you don't have enough money, it is better to get a job and save up before starting a business.
Mistake #4: Not Focusing on Viral Products that Solve Problems
- Products that solve real-world problems are easier to sell than random trinkets.
- Focus on finding products that fill a gap in the market instead of fashion or jewelry products.
- For example, a knee brace that helps people walk better is a much easier product to sell than random trinkets.
Mistake #5: Starting with a General Store Approach
- Starting with a niche store or a one-product store is recommended.
- Focusing on fewer products that are merchandised better can give a higher chance of getting sales on the store.
- The general store approach may lead to quantity over quality, and the store may not look reputable.
Mistake #6: Selling Copyright or Trademarked Products
- Don't sell any products with characters or references to any other company.
- Selling such products may lead to legal implications and getting the store shut down.
Mistake #7: Not Understanding Profit Margin
- Understanding the profit margin is crucial for scaling the business.
- Apps like Life Timely or Order Metrics can track the profit in real-time.
- Knowing the profit can help in knowing when to scale and how much to spend on advertising.
Mistake #8: Not Leveraging Credit Card Rewards
- Using specific credit cards can give three to four percent cashback on marketing expenses.
- Capitalizing on these rewards can lead to thousands of dollars in extra profit.
Mistake #9: Not Setting Up a Legal Business Entity
- Once sales start coming in, it is important to decide what type of business entity to create.
- Starting with a sole proprietorship is fine, but as the business scales, running an S corp may be more tax advantageous.
- Talk to local CPAs to know more about what type of business entity to create.
Mistake #10: Not Keeping Books Up-to-Date
- Keeping books up-to-date is important for paying taxes and avoiding trouble.
- Apps like QuickBooks can help import bank transactions every day, making it easier to stay up-to-date.
- Submitting a profit and loss statement to the accountant at the end of the year can simplify the tax process.
By avoiding these top 10 mistakes, you can increase the chances of having a successful dropshipping business. Understanding profit margins, leveraging credit card rewards, and keeping books up-to-date are just some of the ways you can ensure your business runs smoothly. Remember to take the time to learn and expect to put in effort and time to overcome the initial hurdle of making sales.
Scared About Long Shipping Times? Don’t be! | Oberlo Dropshipping 2020
Shipping times can be a concern for drop shippers, especially when compared to Amazon Prime shipping. However, successful drop shippers are building profitable e-commerce businesses every day, even with longer shipping times. In this article, we will debunk some shipping myths and answer important questions about shipping times for drop shipping products.
How long does it take for a drop shipping product to get to customers?
- Shipping times depend on several factors, including processing time and shipping time.
- Processing time is the time between when a supplier receives an order and when they ship the product.
- Shipping time is the time it takes for the product to reach the customer after it is shipped.
- The ePacket shipping option on Aliexpress is a cheap, relatively fast, and reliable option for shipping from China.
- On average, ePacket takes 12 to 20 days to deliver products to customers.
How can I find out the shipping time for a specific product?
- Use the Oberlo Google Chrome extension to import products from Aliexpress to your Shopify store.
- With the extension, you can see shipping information and estimated delivery dates for each product.
- You can also check reviews from real customers to see what they are saying about shipping times.
- Order a test product to validate the processing time and shipping time for the product.
How can I overcome customer hesitation about long shipping times?
- Sell a product that customers didn't know they wanted, so they have tunnel vision and want the product right away.
- Be upfront about shipping times on product pages and create a shipping information page and refund policy page.
- Offer customer support and send customers a shipping tracking code.
- Consider offering local shipping options from Aliexpress suppliers with warehouses in your own country.
Shipping times don't have to be a barrier to starting a successful drop shipping business. By being upfront about shipping times, offering customer support, and considering local shipping options, drop shippers can build profitable e-commerce businesses even with longer shipping times.
- Automated Dropshipping Setup: Tips & Tricks
- Italian Dropshipping Shops
- Amazon UK Dropshipping: Boost Your Sales
- Starting Dropshipping Business: Tips
- Mastering Dropshipping: Bruno Pereira's Secrets
- Hyphenmax's Secret Dropshipping
- Custom Print Dropshipping and Fulfillment
- Dropshipping Customer Service Woes
- Samantha Haupt's Winning Dropshipping Strategy
- Top Dropshipping Bestsellers: What Sells Most?