shopify app collection page template editor
Recently, a poll on my YouTube channel showed that the most popular topic for my next video should be Shopify 2.0. In this article, I want to discuss page templates, a new and underrated feature of Shopify 2.0.
Using Page Templates:
One common question is how to add a feature to one product page without affecting the rest of the products on your store. With page templates, this is easy to do. For example, if you want to add a gift message field to a customizable product, you can do so for one product without affecting others.
Customizing Product Pages:
Page templates can also be used to create a different design for different product pages. For example, All Birds has different templates for their flagship products, such as their Merino Wool sneakers. They use sections everywhere to add extra features to these pages and create a more immersive experience for customers.
Other Uses of Page Templates:
Page templates can be used for collections and regular static pages as well. All Birds uses them on their collection pages to create a specific mood for warm weather, running, and other scenarios. They also use them on their About Us page to showcase their story and values.
Creating Your Own Templates:
Creating your own templates is easy in Shopify 2.0. You can duplicate the default product template and add sections to create a unique design for your product pages. Just be mindful of the content you put in each template, as it will apply to all products that use that template.
Page templates are an underrated feature of Shopify 2.0 that can be used to create unique and immersive experiences for your customers. By using them, you can customize product, collection, and static pages with ease. So if you haven't upgraded to Shopify 2.0 yet, now is the time to do so and take advantage of this powerful feature.
How to create alternate templates for products, collections, pages and blogs
Creating Alternate Templates for Your Store
In this week's video, we will learn how to create alternate templates for different sections of your store.
1. Go to your admin panel and click on online store.
2. Click on themes and select the template you are currently using.
3. Click on the 3 dots and select edit HTML.
4. Open the regular product template in the templates section.
5. Create a new template by clicking on add new template.
6. Give a name to the template, for example, no price.
7. Remove the price by searching for the product price and commenting it out.
8. Save the template and refresh the product page.
9. Select the new template for the product.
- You can create alternate templates for pages, products, collections, and blogs.
- If you don't have alternate templates, they won't show in the admin panel.
- You can remove any element from the alternate template, such as description, price, or add to cart.
- The same procedure applies to pages, collections, and blogs.
- Most themes have options for alternate templates.
- If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask in the comments or reach out to the author.
Creating alternate templates for your store is an easy way to customize your products and improve the user experience. With just a few clicks, you can remove unwanted elements and create a unique look for your store.
31 - Customizable Collection page for Shopify Theme Settings
In this video, the speaker explains how to add settings to a collection page in a Shopify store. They start by showing the default design of the collection page, which only displays products in three columns and has a sidebar on the right. The speaker then explains that they will show how to add settings so that the end user can customize the page to their liking.
The first way to add settings is by creating a template for the collection, which is not very customizable. The speaker demonstrates how to create a template and shows how it works. The second way to add settings is by using sections and schemas. The speaker shows how to create a section for the collection and add the necessary schema to it.
Once the settings are added, the end user can customize the collection page by changing the position of the sidebar, adding a background image for the header, changing the title and description, and more. The speaker explains that they have added some advanced settings as well, which they will explain in another video.
Overall, the video provides a useful guide for Shopify store owners who want to add settings to their collection pages to make them more customizable. The speaker's explanations are clear and easy to follow, making the process seem simple and straightforward.
Shopify Tutorial Custom Collections Page Brooklyn theme
In this tutorial, Kevin King from Pinehurstwebsites shows how to create a custom collections page on the Brooklyn theme in Shopify. The purpose is to have a navigation menu connected to sub-collections within a collection, allowing for easy customization.
To accomplish this, a new page template is created under Online Store and Edit Code. The code for the custom collection page is copied and pasted into the new template, with the number changed according to how many custom collection pages are needed. A new section is then added with a matching name to the page template, with code that is also copied and pasted and modified to match the page content.
A new page is then created with the chosen template and named appropriately, connected to a navigation menu, and customized to display the selected sub-collections within a collection. The featured image for each sub-collection can also be changed and formatted as desired.
Overall, this tutorial provides a step-by-step guide on creating custom collections pages on the Brooklyn theme in Shopify, with all code and instructions provided on Kevin's website.
How To Create Sub Collections in Shopify 2.0 - Start Doing This Now!
Creating Sub-Collections in Shopify 2.0: A Guide for Store Owners
For a long time, creating sub-collections in Shopify was a difficult task. However, with Shopify 2.0, it has become a lot easier to create sub-collections and main collection pages. This article will discuss the benefits of creating sub-collections and provide a step-by-step guide on how to create them.
Benefits of Creating Sub-Collections:
- Improved SEO: Google's algorithm likes to see clusters of content, and sub-collections provide groupings of products that can improve SEO.
- Better Organization: Sub-collections allow for a more organized and user-friendly shopping experience for customers.
- Increased Sales: By making it easier for customers to find specific products, sub-collections can lead to increased sales.
How to Create Sub-Collections in Shopify 2.0:
1. Create regular collections for each sub-collection (e.g., Boys Pants, Boys Shirts, Boys Shorts).
2. Create a new template in the theme editor for the main collection page (e.g., Boys Collection).
3. Add a section to the template for a collection list, and select the sub-collections to be displayed.
4. Customize the template with additional sections, such as a rich text section for a heading.
5. Apply the template to the parent collection (e.g., Boys Collection) through the collections page.
6. Duplicate the template for other parent collections (e.g., Girls Collection) if desired.
7. Delete unwanted templates by deleting the corresponding file in the code editor.
Creating sub-collections in Shopify 2.0 can provide many benefits for store owners, including improved SEO, better organization, and increased sales. By following the step-by-step guide outlined in this article, store owners can easily create main collection pages with sub-collections.
Add a page of collection Shopify Dawn Theme Tutorial in 5 Minutes 2021
Setting Up Sub-Collections on Shopify Using the Dawn Theme
In this article, we will learn how to set up sub-collections on Shopify using the Dawn theme. This feature allows users to organize their collections into smaller sub-collections, making it easier for customers to find what they are looking for.
1. Create a new page and name it.
2. Set up a navigation menu and link it to the new page.
3. Customize the Dawn theme by adding the Collection List section.
4. Select the collections you want to add and save them.
5. Make changes to the display options if needed.
6. Preview and save the changes.
Sub-collections are a great way to organize your collections and make it easier for customers to find what they need. With the Dawn theme on Shopify, setting up sub-collections is quick and easy. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can create a well-organized online store that is easy to navigate and appealing to customers.
[2022 FREE] Create A Page Of Collections Shopify Tutorial
In this article, we will be discussing various topics related to collections, including collecting items, collectors, and different types of collections. We will explore the benefits of collecting, as well as some of the challenges that collectors face. We will also discuss some interesting collections and collectors, and provide some tips for starting and maintaining a collection.
Benefits of Collecting:
- Collecting can be a fun and fulfilling hobby
- It allows you to learn about different subjects and topics
- Collecting can also be a way to connect with others who share your interests
- Some collections can be valuable investments
Challenges of Collecting:
- It can be expensive to acquire items for a collection
- Maintaining a collection requires time and effort
- Some items may be difficult to find or obtain
- There is always the risk of damage or loss to the collection
Interesting Collections and Collectors:
- John Collection: a collector of vintage cars and motorcycles
- Collection Ti: a father-daughter duo who collect rare and unique items from around the world
- Absolute Collection: a collector of action figures and other pop culture memorabilia
- Hugo de Reseau: a collector of rare books and manuscripts
- Yugo and his Six: a collector of vintage movie posters and other film memorabilia
Tips for Starting and Maintaining a Collection:
- Start small and focus on one area of interest
- Research the items you want to collect and their value
- Be patient and persistent in finding items for your collection
- Take care of your collection and store items properly
- Network with other collectors and join collector groups for support and advice
Collecting can be a rewarding and enjoyable hobby, but it also requires dedication and effort. Whether you are a seasoned collector or just starting out, there are many benefits to collecting and many interesting items to collect. With some research and patience, anyone can start and maintain a collection that brings them joy and fulfillment.