shopify automatic discount for customer group
In this article, we will discuss how to create automatic discounts in Shopify based on customer tags. This feature allows you to provide discounts to specific groups of customers without the need for them to manually enter a code at checkout.
Creating a Discount Rule Based on Customer Tag:
1. Create a custom customer group, or use an existing one, such as all customers from Canada.
2. Tag all customers in the group with the relevant tag, such as Canada.
3. Inside the automatic discount app, create a discount rule based on the customer tag. This will automatically apply the discount code at checkout based on the tag.
4. Customers must be logged in before reaching the checkout page for the app script to run data.
5. In the discount rules, go to the advanced rules section, which may have a fee, but will be included in the paid subscription starting at the end of February or March 2020.
6. Create a new rule and look for the discount code, then create a new discount code specific to the customer group, such as Example Canada Customers.
7. Ensure the eligibility restrictions are set to make sure only customers in the specified group can use the discount code.
Applying Additional Restrictions:
1. To prevent cheating at checkout, make sure to only allow customers from the specific group to use the discount code.
2. Use auto tag apps or a customer tiger to automatically tag customers based on their previous orders or location.
3. Create another rule to apply additional restrictions, such as requiring a minimum order value or specific items in the cart.
Creating automatic discounts in Shopify based on customer tags is a useful feature for targeting specific groups of customers. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily create and apply discount rules to ensure that only eligible customers can use the discount code.
Automatic Discounts For Tagged Customers (Shopify Basics)
In this article, we will learn how to automatically apply discount codes depending on customer tags. This can be a great way to offer flexibility to your checkout process without having to create a separate online store for your wholesale customers.
Applying Customer Tags:
- Create a customer login to differentiate between registered and non-registered customers.
- Use liquid code to prevent non-registered customers from accessing checkout without approval.
- Add a tag to approved customers' accounts to allow checkout.
Automatically Applying Discount Codes:
- Create a VIP tag for qualifying customers.
- Create a discount code for VIP customers.
- Use liquid code to automatically apply the discount code at checkout for customers with the VIP tag.
By utilizing customer tags and liquid code, you can offer a customized checkout experience for different groups of customers. This can save time and effort in managing multiple discount codes and separate online stores. Try it out for your own store and see the benefits.
How to Create Vouchers & Automatic Discount on Shopify Tutorial
Discounts and badges are effective marketing strategies that can boost sales on your Shopify store. In this article, we will discuss how to manage discounts in your Shopify store.
Types of Discounts:
There are two types of discounts in Shopify: discount codes and automatic discounts.
To create a discount code, go to Discounts on the left-hand side of the main menu and click on Create discount code. Give the discount code a name that is easy to remember and type, such as Spring10. There are four types of discount codes: percentage, fixed amount, free shipping, and buy something get something free. You can select a specific collection, set a minimum purchase amount or quantity, and limit the customer eligibility and usage. You can also set the activation dates and limit the total number of uses.
Automatic discounts are applied when the customer reaches a certain basket size. You can set a minimum purchase amount or quantity, select a specific collection, and limit the customer eligibility and usage. You can also set the activation dates and limit the total number of uses.
Customers cannot combine discounts at checkout, and free shipping is not an option for automatic discounts. Free shipping can be offered at the shipping level in the settings.
Managing discounts in your Shopify store can increase sales and attract new customers. By creating effective discount codes and automatic discounts, you can offer incentives for customers to purchase from your store. Remember to set limitations and activation dates to avoid overexposure to discounts. For more hints and tips, check out our website at vendlab.com/blog.
How To Create Automatic Discounts || Shopify Help Center
As a Shopify merchant, you can offer automatic discounts to your customers at checkout and on their cart. However, there are a few things to keep in mind when creating automatic discounts.
Here are some important points to remember:
- Customers need to add all eligible items to their carts for the automatic discount to apply correctly.
- Only one active automatic discount can be used at any given time.
- Automatic discounts take precedence over discount codes, and customers cannot apply multiple discounts to a single order.
- Customers who have an automatic discount applied to their checkout cannot use discount codes.
Steps to create an automatic discount:
1. Start from your Shopify admin and click on Discounts. Then, click Create Discount and select Automatic Discount.
2. You can create three different types of automatic discounts:
- Percentage discount (e.g., 25% off)
- Fixed amount discount (e.g., $5 off)
- Buy X get Y discount (e.g., buy one t-shirt, get the second 50% off)
3. Enter a name for the new discount and select the discount type that you want to create.
4. For a percentage discount, enter the percentage amount that is taken off when the discount is applied. Then, select whether the discount applies to an entire order, specific collections, or specific products. You can use the search tool to add items to the discount.
5. Next, select either a minimum purchase amount or minimum quantity of items purchased before the discount is applied. If the discount applies to a specific product or collection, then only these items contribute to the minimum requirements.
6. For a fixed amount discount, enter the dollar amount that is taken off when the discount is applied. Then, select whether the discount applies to an entire order, specific collections, or specific products. You can use the search tool to add items to the discount.
7. If you select collections or products, you have the option to click the checkbox only apply discount once per order. If you leave this unchecked, the discount will apply to each eligible product in an order.
8. Next, select either a minimum purchase amount or minimum quantity of items purchased for the discount to be applied. If the discount applies to a specific product or collection, then only these items contribute to the minimum requirements.
9. For a buy X get Y discount, select either products or collections from the dropdown menu in the Customer buys section. Then, set the quantity of those items a customer needs to add to the cart before the discount is applied. Use the search tool to add items to the discount.
10. In the Customer gets section, select either products or collections from the dropdown menu. Then, set the quantity of items that the discount applies to. Use the search tool to add items to the discount.
11. Next, choose if the discount takes a percentage off each eligible item or makes the item free. In this example, the customer buys one pair of yoga pants and gets the second 50% off. Both pairs of yoga pants must be added to the cart before the discount is applied.
12. It's optional to check the box Set the maximum number of uses per order. If you check this, enter the maximum number of times that this promotion can be applied to an order.
13. After you complete the steps for the specific discount type, the final step for all automatic discounts is active dates. Set the start date when the discount is available. If you want to set an end date for the discount, click Set end date and use the calendar to choose when the discount will end.
14. If you don't choose an end date for your discount, then it has no expiry and will be active unless you remove it from your available discounts.
15. Remember, automatic discounts can only have one discount active at a time. Make sure the active dates do not overlap with another automatic discount's active dates.
16. When you're finished, click Save. Your new discount appears in the Discounts tab under Automatic discounts.
Creating automatic discounts can be a great way to incentivize your customers to make a purchase. By following these steps, you can create different types of automatic discounts and set the parameters for how they can be used. Remember to keep in mind the limitations of automatic discounts, such as only one active discount at a time and customers not being able to use discount codes with automatic discounts.
Shopify Automatic Discounts - Set up 3 Different Discount Types | Tutorial for Beginners (2022)
In this video tutorial, Lui teaches viewers how to set up three different types of automatic discounts in their Shopify store. He begins by wishing viewers a happy Lunar New Year and then delves into the topic. Automatic discounts are a common way of setting up discounts for sale seasons like Black Fridays, Cyber Mondays, or general seasonal sales like for New Year's or Christmas. The main reason store owners set up automatic discounts is to offer a discount to all customers regardless of conditions like where they're from, their purchase history, and so on. Lui explains that there are three types of discounts: percentage, fixed amount, and buy x get y. He walks viewers through the process of setting up each type of discount and provides helpful tips along the way.
Some key takeaways from the video include:
- Automatic discounts can be set up for seasonal sales or your own sales campaigns.
- Only one automatic discount can be active at a time when using the native Shopify automatic discount feature.
- When setting up an automatic discount, it's important to choose an informative title that lets customers know what kind of discount they're getting.
- Minimum requirements can be set for either a minimum purchase or a minimum quantity.
- Buy x get y discounts can be set up for specific products or collections.
Overall, Lui's tutorial provides a comprehensive overview of how to set up automatic discounts in Shopify, making it a valuable resource for anyone looking to implement discounts in their online store.
Multiple Automatic Discount at checkout in Shopify | Shopify Automatic Discount Tutorial
In this video, we will learn how to create multiple automatic discounts in Shopify, as the platform does not support it by default. We will demonstrate how we helped a client, a pet shop owner, by creating two automatic discounts for their website. One for all products with a 15% discount and another for Royal Cannon products with a 10% discount. We achieved this using a public app and some customization.
1. Use the Discount Campaign app to create automatic discounts.
2. Create the discount codes for both discounts, with the desired percentage and minimum price.
3. Disable the first discount code created in Shopify's automatic discount section.
4. Create the next discount code in Shopify, and then disable it too.
5. Go back to the Discount Campaign app, enter the discount codes created, and save.
6. Now multiple automatic discounts will be available at checkout.
By using the Discount Campaign app and some customization, we were able to help our client achieve their desired multiple automatic discounts for their Shopify store. If anyone needs help customizing the app or creating a custom discount app, they can contact us.
How To Use Discounts On Shopify Like A Pro (Automatic Discounts & Gifts)
- In this video, Justin Cener talks about discounting and gifting strategies for Shopify stores
- He introduces a powerful app called Automatic Discounts and Gifts
- He explains how discounts should have a purpose and be used strategically to generate more sales
Three Smart Ways to Discount:
- Buy More Save More: offer discounts based on the amount spent (e.g. spend $100, get $10 off)
- Free Gifting: offer free gifts for certain purchases (e.g. spend $100, get a free gift)
- Upselling and Cross Selling: offer discounts and offers for related products
The Need for an App:
- Shopify doesn't have built-in features for these kinds of discounting strategies
- The Automatic Discounts and Gifts app is recommended to add core functionality
- The app works with any theme, product type, and niche without technical setup
Using Automatic Discounts and Gifts:
- The app offers a variety of discounting strategies, including tiered discounts, volume discounts, and free gifts
- Users can set conditions for discounts, such as tags or past orders
- The app is easy to set up with no technical skill or code required
- Users can customize text and branding elements and view real-time analytics
- The Automatic Discounts and Gifts app is a powerful tool for Shopify stores to offer strategic discounts and generate more revenue
- Tiered discounts, such as Buy More Save More, can lead to higher average order values and conversions
- Justin Cener highly recommends the app and encourages viewers to check it out for themselves.