Shopify CAPI: Amplify Your Facebook Marketing
- Are you a Shopify seller looking to use Facebook ads to sell products from your store?
- With the upcoming iOS14 privacy lockdown, it's important to install the Facebook Conversion API to continue tracking data and optimizing campaigns.
- In this article, we'll show you how to install the API in Shopify and share a bonus tip to increase your average order value.
Installing the Facebook Conversion API in Shopify:
- Go to the Shopify App Store and search for Facebook Channel.
- Install the app and start setup.
- Connect your Facebook account and give access to the relevant pages and ad accounts.
- Set data sharing level to maximum in data sharing settings.
- Confirm and you're all set!
Bonus Tip: Increasing Average Order Value
- Use the Frequently Bought Together app to create bundles and increase conversions.
- Customize the app to show up below the Add to Cart button for maximum visibility.
- With the iOS14 privacy update, it's crucial for Shopify sellers to install the Facebook Conversion API to continue tracking data and optimizing campaigns.
- Additionally, using apps like Frequently Bought Together can increase your average order value and boost conversions.
How to install Facebook Pixel on Shopify + Facebook CAPI (2022)
In today's video, we'll be discussing how to install Facebook pixel and enable conversion API on Shopify. Let's get started with the steps that we need to follow before connecting our Facebook pixel.
Before connecting our Facebook pixel, we need to create a Facebook business page, create a business manager, create a Facebook ads account, and create a Facebook pixel. Here's how we can do it:
1. Create a Facebook page by logging into your Facebook account and clicking on Pages. Click on Create a New Page, name it, choose a category, and provide a description.
2. Navigate to business.facebook.com, log in or create an account to create a Facebook business manager account. Inside the Facebook business manager, click on Ads Manager, and add a new ad account by selecting Create a New Ad Account. Name the account, choose the timezone and currency, and click next. Choose how the account will be used, select your business, and click create.
3. Enable the toggle to manage that account, and click assign. Add your payment information, if required.
4. Create a new Facebook pixel by going to data sources > pixels, click add, name your new pixel, paste your domain, and click continue. Select the code using partner integration, select Shopify, and go inside your Shopify admin.
5. Go to preferences, scroll down a little bit, choose Facebook pixel, and click setup Facebook. Click add app, choose your account on Facebook as your sales channel, and click start setup.
6. Connect your Facebook ads account to get started. Under the business assets tab, find your page and click connect. Manage Facebook and Instagram data sharing preferences, select maximum, and click save.
7. Select the Facebook pixel that you're going to use for this account. Make sure to select the right ones that you created earlier. Agree with the terms and conditions and click submit for review. Click done.
8. Click on the checkbox to confirm that you've completed this setup on Shopify, enter your domain to send test traffic and check if the pixel is working. It may take some time, but if it's active, click next and finish.
9. Click add people, select your Facebook account, and provide full control to access your newly created pixel. Click assign, and go to connect to test sets. Click assets and select your ads manager. Click done.
10. Verify your domain by going to Brand safety domains, choose create a new domain, paste your link, and click it. Copy the meta tag, go to your Shopify admin, go to online store theme, press three dots, choose edit code, and paste the domain verification from Facebook. Click save, and jump back into Facebook. Click verify domain. It may take up to 72 hours for Facebook to find your meta text.
11. Go to events manager, click manage prioritized events, and set up the four events - content view, add to cart, checkout initiate, and purchase. Click on manage event.
12. Click on my demo Shopify pixel, click test events, and at your store URL, click open website. Click on your pages, click on your products, add them to cart, and make a test purchase to verify that Facebook sees all your activity.
By following these steps, you can install Facebook pixel and enable conversion API on Shopify. Make sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to get more videos about Commerce analytics. If you want to level up your tracking, then check out our Ecommerce data infrastructure guide.
FACEBOOK PIXEL richtig mit SHOPIFY verbinden 2022 (super einfach)
If you want to integrate Facebook into your shopping business, you will need to use the Facebook sales channel. This article will guide you through the process of setting up the sales channel, connecting your Facebook and Instagram accounts, and optimizing your tracking and advertising.
1. Set up the Facebook sales channel:
- Click on the Sales Channels tab in your Shopify account
- Click on the plus sign next to the Sales Channel section
- Under Add Sales Channel, select Facebook
- Click on Install Facebook Channel
- Follow the prompts to connect your personal Facebook account and select a Business Manager account to link to your Shopify store
2. Connect your Instagram account:
- Click on the Instagram tab in your Facebook Business Manager account
- Follow the prompts to connect your Instagram account to your Facebook Business Manager account
- If you encounter any issues, contact Facebook support for assistance
3. Set up Facebook Commerce Account:
- Create or connect a Facebook Commerce Account to your Business Manager account
- This will allow you to create a product catalog and link it to your advertising accounts
4. Set up tracking and advertising:
- Set up the Facebook pixel on your website through the Event Manager in your Business Manager account
- Configure web events to prioritize tracking for key actions such as purchases and adding items to the cart
- Optimize for value tracking to find users who are more likely to make higher-value purchases
By following these steps, you can integrate Facebook into your Shopify store and use its powerful advertising tools to reach more customers and increase sales. Remember to optimize your tracking and advertising to get the most out of your Facebook and Instagram accounts.
Facebook conversion API for Shopify
In this video, the GTM server will show how to set up Facebook Conversion API for Shopify. The steps include creating and adding the Google Tag Manager code, enabling Facebook as a sales channel, setting up the maximum tracking level, creating a server container, adding scripts to the Shopify store, importing container settings, and updating variables.
1. Create and add the Google Tag Manager code for the web container
- Go to Shopify account, click on online store, then edit code
- Click on theme liquid and pass the code in the header and body
- Check that Google Tag Manager works
2. Enable Facebook as a sales channel in Shopify
- Go to sales channels, click on Facebook, and follow the steps
- Set up the maximum tracking level
3. Add a server container
- Click on the plus sign, enter container name, choose server, and create
- Add a tagging server URL
4. Add scripts to the Shopify store
- Pull product data and user data into the data layer
- Pass data from web to server container
5. Import container settings to the Google Tag Manager web container and server container
- Download zip file, import to web and server containers
- Update variables in both containers
Setting up Facebook Conversion API for Shopify involves several steps, including creating and adding the Google Tag Manager code, enabling Facebook as a sales channel, setting up the maximum tracking level, creating a server container, adding scripts to the Shopify store, importing container settings, and updating variables. By following these steps, users can track four events using Facebook Conversion API. It is important to publish both web and server containers and to have a Shopify Plus account to set up Conversion API for all events.
How To Setup Facebook Conversion API On Shopify (All Events)
In this video tutorial, Cedric explains how to send events to your Facebook pixel via the conversion API from Shopify. He walks you through the process step by step and provides valuable tips along the way. Here is a brief summary of the main points covered in the video:
- Cedric welcomes the viewers and introduces the purpose of the video
- He encourages the viewers to subscribe to the channel for more valuable content
Setting up the Conversion API:
- Cedric goes to the advanced manager and enables advanced matching
- He chooses Shopify as the partner for the conversion API
- Cedric goes to Shopify and adds the Facebook channel app
- He sets up the Facebook sales channel and connects his Facebook account and business manager
- Cedric verifies his domain and connects his Facebook page
- He enables data sharing and selects the maximum level to send all events to Facebook
- Cedric connects his Facebook commerce account and accepts the terms and conditions
- He finishes the setup process and is ready to go
- Cedric thanks the viewers for watching and encourages them to leave comments and subscribe to the channel for more content
The Best Way to Set up The Facebook Conversions API Yet! (Fast, Easy, Zero Coding)
In this video, the presenter will show the viewers how to set up the Facebook conversions API using the Facebook conversion API gateway. This new method is easy to set up and offers advanced features that other simpler methods don't have.
Steps to Set Up the Facebook Conversions API:
1. Set up an AWS account.
2. Go to the Facebook Events Manager and complete the setup on the Facebook side.
3. Select user partner integration and choose the conversions API gateway.
4. Enter your domain and any other domains you want to include in the conversions API setup.
5. Choose your hosting region and begin deployment.
6. Set up a DNS record with your domain provider.
7. Enter your admin email and password in the AWS setup.
8. Wait for the conversions API gateway to provision.
9. Log in to the gateway with your email and password.
10. Test the setup by visiting your website and checking the conversions API dashboard.
Benefits of Using the Facebook Conversions API Gateway:
- Easy to set up with no coding ability required.
- Offers advanced features such as event deduplication.
- Robust setup ensures everything is tracked properly.
- Can handle multiple domains for businesses.
By following these steps, viewers can set up the Facebook conversions API using the Facebook conversion API gateway, which is the recommended method for most people. This setup is easy to do and offers advanced features that other methods don't have, making it the best way to set up the conversions API quickly and easily.
[STEP-BY-STEP] Server-Side Tracking in Shopify (CAPI)
In this article, we will discuss how to set up Facebook integration with Shopify, which is the easiest way to enable the CAPI of server-side tracking.
Steps to Set Up Facebook Integration with Shopify:
1. Get the Facebook Channel:
- Go to Apps and click View More Apps.
- Search for Facebook Channel and click Add App.
2. Connect Facebook Account:
- Click Start Setup and connect your Facebook account.
- Accept the questions asked by Facebook.
3. Toggle on Data Sharing:
- Toggle on Data Sharing to maximize the tracking power.
4. Connect with Pixel:
- Connect with the demo pixel to track the behavior.
5. Create a Commerce Account:
- Click Create New and accept the terms to create a commerce account.
6. Advanced Matching:
- Turn on advanced matching to match events better.
Setting up Facebook integration with Shopify is easy and enables you to track data better. You can use this method on other platforms such as PrestaShop, WooCommerce, and WordPress WooCommerce. If you face any issues, leave a comment below, and we will try to solve them for you.
- Amazon FBA Shopify App: Boost Your Sales
- Battle of E-commerce Platforms: Shopify vs OpenCart vs Magento
- Set up Shopify domain emails
- Shopify App Boosts Charity Donations
- Shopify's NFT Marketplace
- Worten + Shopify Integration
- Intro to Shopify
- Validate Shopify Emails for Better Business
- Shopify Bundle App: Create Product Bundles
- Filter Shopify Products by Price