Shopify Developer Wanted
Are you considering becoming a freelance Shopify web developer or agency owner, but unsure of where to start? In this article, we'll cover the essential programming languages you need to learn, as well as how to price projects and secure a steady stream of work. We'll also discuss the most profitable services to offer as a Shopify developer, including custom themes, conversion rate optimization, and Shopify apps.
Why should you trust our advice? With nine years of experience on Upwork (formerly oDesk) and over 700 people taught how to freelance, we have a wealth of data on how to succeed as a Shopify web developer.
Here are some key takeaways from our discussion:
- The e-commerce industry is rapidly growing, and Shopify is the go-to platform for companies looking to sell products online.
- The most in-demand service for Shopify developers is building and customizing Shopify themes. However, offering conversion rate optimization (CRO) and Shopify app development can be even more profitable.
- To become a Shopify developer, you'll need to learn Liquid, HTML5, CSS3, and either Ruby on Rails or PHP.
- The easiest way to get started as a Shopify web developer is to join freelancing platforms like Upwork, where there are many projects available for implementation, optimization, and app development.
By following our proven process, you can take off as a successful freelance Shopify web developer or agency owner. For more in-depth guidance on getting started on Upwork, check out our tutorial video in the playlist. And if you have any questions, leave them in the comments below.
The FASTEST Way to become a Shopify Developer - The Ultimate Shopify Developer Roadmap
In this article, we will focus on the three stages of becoming a Shopify developer from scratch to building a successful agency or service business. The first stage is learning the technical basics and finding simple projects, the second stage is improving pricing and getting better clients, and the third stage is building structure, team, and specialization.
- Learn the technical basics of HTML and CSS to understand website structure and design.
- Focus on Shopify development as it covers 60% of a website's needs.
- Look for simple projects to start building a portfolio and gain momentum.
- Build a portfolio website with a video or photo of yourself and eCommerce-related demo projects.
- Find clients through personal networks, social media, meetups, freelancing platforms, or direct outreach to business owners.
- Underbid some jobs in the beginning for paid learning and feedback.
- Improve pricing and aim for clients who make multiple five figures in revenue per year.
- Specialize in one or a few things to create better structures, processes, and marketing messages.
- Experiment with pricing strategies and ongoing support packages.
- Build up reviews, testimonials, case studies, and projects to make it easier to get in touch with better clients.
- Specialize in one or a few things to create better structures, processes, and marketing messages.
- Build a team to apply capital and create even more leverage.
- Provide training, documents, processes, and manage the team.
- Establish a constant flow of leads through organic content, paid advertisements, affiliate marketing, outbound, or referral.
- Calculate how many times you need to do a thing to make a million in revenue.
By following this roadmap, you can save time and avoid making the same mistakes as others. Each stage has its own focus and challenges, but the ultimate goal is to build a successful agency or service business. Specializing in one or a few things, improving pricing, getting better clients, building a team, and establishing a constant flow of leads are key factors in achieving this goal.
🔥 Shopify For Developers ✅ Shopify Developers In 2023
Shopify for Developers: How to Use Shopify as a Tool to Sell Your Services
As a developer, using Shopify can be a great tool to sell your services. In this article, we will explore the different ways to use Shopify as an ecommerce platform and a web development platform.
1. Developing for Shopify:
If you are interested in development, you can go onto Shopify dev and start developing for Shopify. However, this article will focus on how to use Shopify as a tool to sell your services.
2. Creating a Website:
As a developer, you can create a website or an ecommerce front for people who want to work with you. This helps to give potential clients a good estimate of your pricing, work, and skills.
3. Designing Your Online Store:
To create your own Shopify account, all you need is your email and a store name. Once you have logged on to Shopify, you will see your basic dashboard. On the left, you will find your entire navigation panel, while your settings are at the bottom. On the top right, you have your account.
4. Customizing Your Online Store:
To create a basic homepage, you can use a template or create your own store with HTML. You can also add different pages to communicate information about your work, such as a portfolio or a contact page. Additionally, you can add a menu button that says “My Services” which will help simplify how you sell your services.
5. Adding Products:
Even though you do not provide physical products, you can add services as products on Shopify. When adding a product, you can add a description about the work and include sample media files as a sample. You can also add the price, and deselect the shipping feature as this is not a physical product.
6. Changing Your Store Name:
To change your store name, you need to go to settings, then store details, and then edit your basic information. You can then change your store name to whatever you want.
Using Shopify as a developer can help you sell your services and create a basic portfolio website for potential clients. With Shopify, you can easily customize your online store and add different products to sell your services. Don’t forget to use the link in the description to get started and create your own Shopify store!
How to Start Freelancing as a Beginner Shopify Developer
Recently, I have been talking to beginner Shopify developers who are looking to start freelancing or find a job. As someone with six or seven years of experience as a freelancer, specifically on Shopify websites, I thought I would offer some easy tasks to get started.
- As a freelancer with experience in Shopify, I offer tips for beginners to start their freelancing career.
- Find ideas for services or features on YouTube channels, such as mine or Coding with Yarn.
- Browse the Shopify app store for inspiration for services that can replace apps.
- Become familiar with the sections available in the Dawn theme.
- Consider the Boostify theme for a mix of Vitals app features built into a theme.
Using Page Builders:
- Specialize in page builders as a way to start freelancing without being skilled in coding.
- Use social media and blogging to share your work and services.
- Consider Fiverr to start your freelancing career and package your services into specific gigs.
- By following these tips, beginners can find inspiration and clients to start their freelancing career on Shopify.
How To Make Money With Shopify in 2021 (For Developers)
In this article, we will discuss the various ways a developer can make money with Shopify. Shopify is a user-friendly platform that makes selling products online simple. As a developer, you can take advantage of your skills and knowledge to create a successful Shopify store, become a Shopify expert, sell Shopify apps or themes, or join the Shopify affiliate program.
Ways to Make Money with Shopify:
1. Building a Shopify store:
- Sign up and create your Shopify store.
- Use your programming skills to design a perfect store.
- Spend time learning about marketing strategies to promote and advertise your products.
2. Becoming a Shopify expert:
- Fix bugs and create Shopify apps or themes for clients.
- Charge hourly rates for your services.
- Earn between $1000 to $2000 per project.
3. Selling Shopify apps or themes:
- Create Shopify apps or themes that will generate passive income.
- Be attentive to your customers and fix bugs or errors as needed.
4. Joining the Shopify affiliate program:
- Apply to become a content creator for the Shopify affiliate program.
- Have an audience, experience with Shopify or other e-commerce platforms, and original content.
- Earn a commission for referring customers to Shopify and earn money from your content through ads.
As a developer, Shopify offers many opportunities to make money. Whether it is building a Shopify store, becoming a Shopify expert, selling Shopify apps or themes, or joining the Shopify affiliate program, there are ways to generate income and take advantage of your programming skills and knowledge.
Shopify Functions - a new way to customize Shopify
Hey everyone, Jan here from codingwithyan.com. Shopify functions are a powerful new way to extend or customize Shopify features by writing your own backend code. For the first time ever, Shopify opens up parts of the backend logic for us developers. But how does it all work exactly? What do I mean by backend logic? How are functions different from traditional apps? How can we get started? In this article, we will answer these questions and more.
Shopify functions are a new feature that allows developers to write their own backend code and extend or customize Shopify features. With functions, developers can reach previously inaccessible areas of a store's backend logic.
A store consists of three layers: the database, the backend, and the front end. Each layer has different technologies that allow for customization or working with data.
Traditional Apps vs. Functions:
Historically, developers could not make changes to the backend logic. Apps could only implement their own routines and write their own logic via the API. However, apps had certain limitations, such as not being able to reach certain areas of the store. Shopify functions solve these limitations and provide a way to seamlessly integrate settings into the admin dashboard.
Shopify functions are not any different from normal functions. You need to pick a language that can be compiled to web assembly, a package manager, a Shopify partner account, and a development store. The tutorial provided in the developer docs is an excellent starting point for building your first function.
To deploy your function, you need to run the yarn deploy command and grab the Shopify volume id from the .env file. You also need to update the function id in the front-end pages. Once the app is served through your local server, you can install it in your development store and configure your new function.
Shopify functions are a powerful tool for developers to extend or customize Shopify features. They provide a new way to write backend code and reach previously inaccessible areas of a store's logic. With the right tools and resources, developers can get started with functions and build their own custom features.
Shopify Developer Roadmap for 2022 | Shopify Development | Themes and Apps
Hey guys, it's your boy Joe back at codingphase.com! Today, we have something special for you guys. We are going to be doing the Shopify developer roadmap. If you're planning on learning Shopify development for 2022, this is going to cover everything. Let's get started!
In this article, we will be discussing the Shopify developer roadmap and what it takes to become a Shopify developer. We will split this up into two sections: front end and full stack development. We will discuss the necessary skills for each section and how much money you can make as a Shopify developer.
Front End Development:
You also need to understand how the Shopify platform works and how to work with the Shopify APIs, specifically the storefront API. You need to learn Liquid, the templating language for Shopify themes, and how to use GraphQL to query data. As a Shopify theme developer, you can make up to $160,000.
Full Stack Development:
To become a full stack developer, you need to know everything about the front end and the back end. You need to learn a backend language like Node.js, PHP, or Python. We recommend Node.js or PHP because there are a lot of open source tools available.
You also need to understand the process of embedded applications and how to communicate with Shopify. You need to learn React, the Shopify framework for the front end, and how to use ad blocks and app billing. You also need to understand Shopify POS, web hooks, and GraphQL.
Marketing is also important for full stack developers. Without marketing, all your skills are useless. You can make anywhere from $100,000 to $1 million plus and beyond as a Shopify app developer.
Becoming a Shopify developer is a great career choice, and there are many opportunities available. At codingphase.com, we teach everything you need to know about Shopify development. With the right skills and marketing knowledge, you can make a lot of money as a Shopify developer.
- Delete Shopify Shop: Easy Steps!
- Sync Etsy to Shopify
- Organize Shopify Collections: Tips & Tricks
- Counting Shopify Users: An Insightful Analysis
- Shopify France Partner Shop
- Add Custom Fonts to Shopify
- Customize Add to Cart Button Color on Shopify
- Top Shopify Review App: Boost Sales
- Streamline Subscriptions with Shopify Payments
- Unlock Global Markets with Shopify Geolocation API