shopify edit homepage seo
Hello and welcome, my name is Amul and you are watching Tubemint. In this video, I'm going to show you how to add a meta title and meta description to your Shopify homepage. Let's get started.
1. Log in to your Shopify admin area
2. Scroll down to the online store option and click on it
3. Go to preferences
4. Find the title and description section for the homepage
5. Add the meta title (up to 70 characters) and meta description (up to 320 characters)
6. Save the settings
When you view the elements of your homepage, you will notice that you have everything for Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram, but you don't have search engine meta title and meta description. By adding these elements, you can improve your website's visibility on search engines.
To add a meta title, simply write up to 70 characters that describe your homepage. For example, Technology for Better Health. Then, add your store name, such as HealthTech Store, which is only 46 characters.
For the meta description, write up to 320 characters about your store. This can include information about your products, services, and anything else that makes your store unique.
After saving the settings, refresh your homepage and inspect the head section to ensure that the meta title and meta description are added.
That's how you add a meta title and meta description to your Shopify store's homepage. By doing this, you can improve your website's SEO and increase your visibility on search engines. If you have any questions or suggestions, leave them in the comments below. Thank you for watching, and bye for now.
How to Customize Shopify SEO Titles & Meta Descriptions for Homepage, Product Pages, and More!
In this article, we will learn how to customize your Shopify website's SEO title and meta description. We will cover how to do it for your home page, product pages, collection pages, blog post pages, and other pages on your website. We will also discuss why it's important to customize these pieces of metadata and how they can entice users to click on your search results from Google.
- We will learn how to customize SEO title and meta description for Shopify website
- This will cover various pages on the website
Why Customizing SEO Title and Meta Description is Important:
- These are the only pieces of information that potential visitors from Google can see to make a decision on whether to click on your search result or not
- It's important to be honest and strategic in crafting these pieces to entice users to click
- Including your target SEO keyword can help Google bold it in the meta description, which can be a visual representation of a good fit for the user's search
Customizing SEO Title and Meta Description for Home Page:
- Go to Online Store > Preferences
- Customize the SEO title and meta description, keeping in mind that Google tends to cut off at around 70 characters for the title and 160 characters for the meta description
- Putting your target SEO keyword in both can be helpful
Customizing SEO Title and Meta Description for Product Pages:
- Go to Products > Click on a product > Scroll down to Search Engine Listing > Click Edit
- Customize the SEO title, meta description, and URL handle (if possible)
Customizing SEO Title and Meta Description for Collection Pages:
- Go to Collections > Click on a collection > Scroll down to Search Engine Listing > Click Edit
- Customize the SEO title and meta description
Customizing SEO Title and Meta Description for Blog Post Pages:
- Go to Blog Posts > Click on a blog post > Scroll down to Search Engine Listing Preview > Click Edit SEO settings
- Customize the SEO title and meta description based on SEO keywords and keeping it under 160 characters for the meta description
Customizing SEO Title and Meta Description for Other Pages:
- Edit Website SEO settings for pages like About and Contact Us
- Customize the SEO title and meta description, keeping in mind the same guidelines as above
Submitting Changes to Google:
- Changes made to Shopify's SEO title and meta description may take some time to update on Google
- Use Google Search Console to resubmit your sitemap or URL for the page you updated to possibly speed up the process
- Customizing SEO title and meta description is crucial for enticing users to click on your search results from Google
- Shopify makes it easy to customize these pieces for various pages on your website
- Don't forget to submit changes to Google through Google Search Console for faster updates.
Shopify theme missing key SEO elements | H1 or H2 missing
Shopify is a platform that offers thousands of themes for developers to create. However, theme developers have different aims when creating themes, and this can lead to key elements missing in some themes. One common issue is having multiple H1 tags on product pages or category pages, or even missing H1 tags for page titles.
How to Identify the Issue:
There are different ways to identify if a theme has missing or multiple H1 tags. One way is to use tools like Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, or SEMrush, which can identify in bulk whether there are multiple H1s or H2s. You can also view the page source and search for H1 or H2 tags using the command+F search function.
How to Fix the Issue:
To fix the issue, you need to go into the theme code and make edits to ensure that the H1 tag is in place and that there are H2 tags on the page if required. To do this, you need to go into the product section for that template, find the relevant page, and change the H2 tag to an H1 tag.
Having missing or multiple H1 tags can affect your website's SEO performance. It is crucial to identify and fix this issue to ensure that your website is optimized for search engines. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily fix this issue and improve your website's SEO performance.
Shopify SEO (2022) — Simple Guide to Ranking, 12-Step Process
- Style Factory is a go-to site for ecommerce reviews and advice.
- This Shopify SEO guide will help improve your store's search ranking.
- Key steps to increase organic traffic and sales will be discussed.
1. Register your site with Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster tools:
- Registering your site helps Google and Bing index your website faster.
- Submit your sitemap to both services to help them understand your site structure.
2. Ensure your Shopify store is loading quickly:
- Remove unnecessary Shopify apps, use fewer web fonts, and compress images.
- Minimize the use of external scripts on your store.
3. Do your keyword research:
- Perform keyword research to identify the most popular and relevant keywords.
- Use dedicated keyword research tools like Ahrefs or Semrush.
4. Get your page and product titles right:
- Titles should start with your target keyword and be clear and concise.
- Edit your titles in Shopify by going to your dashboard and using the Edit Website SEO link.
5. Use headings properly:
- Use Heading 1s, 2s, 3s, and so on to break up text.
- This makes it easier for search engines to index your content and improves accessibility.
6. Use engaging meta descriptions:
- Meta descriptions should be short, accurate, and include your target keywords.
- Edit meta descriptions in Shopify by using the Edit Website SEO link.
7. Ensure your product titles and descriptions are unique:
- Avoid using duplicate product titles and descriptions.
- Search engines prefer unique content, so try to make each product title and description stand out.
8. Optimize your alt text and image names:
- Add alt text to images and optimize file names with focus keywords.
- Edit alt text in Shopify by double-clicking on the image and entering the alt text in the box.
9. Use clean URLs:
- Use short, simple, and easy-to-understand URLs.
- Edit URLs in Shopify by going to the Edit Website SEO link and entering the URL in the URL and Handle box.
10. Add rich snippets to your products and pages:
- Rich snippets provide additional information about a page's content.
- Manually add data markup code to your Shopify templates or use a rich snippets app.
11. Use your Shopify blog to drive traffic:
- Regularly post high-quality blog posts about key topics in your product niche.
- Use Shopify's blogging tool to create informative content.
12. Build backlinks to your store:
- Backlinks from other sites improve your store's search ranking.
- Reach out to other site owners in your niche and persuade them to link to your content.
- Follow these 12 key tips to improve your Shopify SEO.
- Use the Style Factory SEO toolkit for additional resources and support.
- Like, subscribe, and leave any questions in the comments below.
How to Write & Optimize Shopify Page Titles and Meta Descriptions
Are you looking to optimize your Shopify store for SEO? Look no further! In this article, we will cover four places where you can edit your metadata, rules of metadata, how to quickly get it done, the tools we use, how to choose your focused keywords, and provide over the shoulder examples to help you nail your Shopify SEO.
- The importance of optimizing your Shopify store for SEO
Four places to edit metadata in Shopify:
1. Home page - log into Shopify, go to Online Store > Preferences, and input your meta title and description
2. Products - go to Products > All Products, click edit website SEO, and input your page title and description
3. Collection pages - edit website SEO and input your title and description for each collection
4. Pages and blog posts - go to Online Store > Pages or Blog Posts, click into each one, and input your title and description
Rules of metadata:
- Keep the meta title under 60 characters and meta description under 160 characters
- Use a free spreadsheet to track and ensure consistent metadata across your site
- Use a tool like Screaming Frog to crawl your website and gather existing metadata
- By following these tips, you can optimize your Shopify store for SEO and increase your chances of ranking higher on search engines. Don't forget to strategically choose your focused keywords and write compelling titles and descriptions to drive clicks to your website.
How to Edit Your Shopify Homepage Meta Description. 2022.
In this Shopify Masterclass tutorial, we will learn how to edit the meta description for your home page and overall Shopify store. By doing this, when customers search for your brand name on Google, your desired meta description will show up, describing to the customer what your brand is about and what you are selling, making it easy for them to find you.
To start, let's go over how to write a good meta description. According to Google, a meta description tag should inform and interest users with a short relevant survey of what a particular page is about. It should convince the user that the page is exactly what they're looking for. Although there is no limit to how long a meta description can be, it's best to make it relevant to the customer and fit nicely in a Google search result.
Now, let's head into Shopify. On the left-hand side, navigate to Online Store and then to Preferences at the bottom. Here, you'll find the Title and Meta Description section. Shopify will max this out at 320 characters, so keep that in mind. Write a description that accurately represents your Shopify store, including what you're selling and who your typical customer might be.
In this tutorial, we used a testing store that sells surfboards and surf gear, as well as lessons on how to surf. Our meta description read, Find the best deals on surf gear, surfboards, and body suits. We have everything you need to get surfing, even if you have no experience. We also offer online lessons on how to surf and how to become an advanced surfer. Ultimate Surf Shop is the best store for surfing lovers.
In conclusion, writing a good meta description is crucial in helping customers find your Shopify store. By following these simple steps, you can edit your meta description and accurately describe your brand to potential customers. Don't forget to check out ProfitCalc, the one-click profit calculator app available on the Shopify app store.
How to get your Shopify Store Rank in Search Engines (SEO Checklist 2022)/Shopify SEO Optimization
Welcome back to my channel! In this video, we will be discussing Shopify in detail. We'll cover what it is, how to get your website or blog ranked, how to start your business, and how to set up your store for online presence and branding. So, if you like my video, please subscribe to my channel and press the bell icon for notifications of new videos.
Shopify is a platform that helps you build your brand and look professional, making it easy for customers to connect with your business. With all your science and branding ready to go, it's a matter of making it work. Let's dive into what Shopify is and what e-commerce is all about.
Getting more traffic is top of mind for any e-commerce business owner, so mastering e-commerce SEO is crucial. E-commerce SEO is the process of generating more organic, non-paid, or free traffic to your online store from sites like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. Writing long descriptions with relevant keywords on every product page and obtaining backlinks from relevant websites can also improve your store's ranking position.
However, in 2021, if there are two-point search results and ten positions are neatly laid out when searching for something in Google, you might see Google Shopping as text ads, snippets, or people ask. So, how do you create an e-commerce strategy? If you're new to search optimization and want to learn how to rank first on Google, this best practices tutorial is for you. We will explain the basics of SEO in a way that makes it simple and, above all, actionable.
Step 1: Keyword research. Identifying keywords is the first step, and you can conduct it in a number of different ways. First, note that e-commerce keyword research is challenging for most of the keyword research you have read about online. So, the first thing is to use Amazon and Google suggest. Google is the most popular search engine in the world, and you can repeat a similar process in most other search engines as well. You can undoubtedly notice the Google search autocomplete features when you start to type your search query. Google suggests relevant queries, and this can be a gold mine for keyword ideas, especially when you already have a few basic keywords in mind.
You can complete a similar process on Amazon, which is a competitor of yours. The great thing about Amazon suggestions is that they are product-focused, unlike Google, where the contents are information-based. The purchase on Amazon is similar to searching for a product relevant to one of our products.
In conclusion, mastering e-commerce SEO is crucial for any online store owner. Identifying keywords using Amazon and Google suggest is an excellent way to get started with keyword research. With Shopify, you can build your brand and set up your online store for success. Thanks for watching!