shopify metafields app
In this video, we will be discussing Shopify metafields and how to use them to store additional data in your Shopify store. Metafields are a hidden feature that can only be added through the API, but there are apps available that can help. Metafields can be added to products, collections, and other objects in your Shopify store.
Benefits of Using Metafields:
Metafields are useful for storing additional data that cannot be added through the default settings in Shopify. For example, you can use metafields to add specification data to product pages that are not included in the default fields. This can be helpful for providing customers with more detailed information about your products.
Adding Metafields to Your Store:
To add metafields to your store, you will need to download an app such as Metafields Guru. This app allows you to add metafields to products, variants, collections, orders, blog posts, and other objects in your Shopify store. You can choose from a variety of types for your metafields, such as dimensions or boolean values.
Using Metafields in Your Templates:
Once you have added metafields to your store, you can access them in your section template files. You can use the namespace and key values to access the specific metafield you need. You can also loop through metafields to display them in rows.
Using Shopify metafields can help you add additional data to your store that cannot be added through the default settings. With apps like Metafields Guru, adding metafields to your store is easy and can help you provide customers with more detailed information about your products. Using metafields in your section template files can help you display this data in a clear and organized way.
3 Apps To Bulk Edit Metafields In Shopify Online Store 2.0 (2022 June)
Hey guys, in today's video we're going to talk about bulk editing meta fields on Shopify. If you're already using meta fields on your store, you know how important they are for collection filters and product pages. But if you have hundreds of products, filling out those meta fields can be a daunting task. So, we're going to explore three different apps that can help you bulk edit meta fields in a more efficient way.
- Meta fields are important for collection filters and product pages
- Bulk editing meta fields can be a daunting task for stores with a lot of products
- We'll explore three different apps that can help with bulk editing meta fields
Apps for Bulk Editing Meta Fields:
1. Meta Fields Guru:
- Well-known app for editing meta fields
- Has an excel-like editor and bulk editor
- Use filters to find products and edit meta fields in bulk
- Costs credits, starting at $9/month
- Development plan available for pre-launch stores
- Export/import CSV app that allows for editing meta fields
- Can export specific columns and product properties
- Can filter by product type
- Updates meta fields without overwriting entire product data
- Pricing starts at $15/month
3. Bulk Product Edit:
- Easy-to-use app for editing meta fields
- Can edit meta fields in bulk or individually
- Can filter by product type, tag, or vendor
- Has a free plan and paid plans starting at $5/month
- Bulk editing meta fields is essential for efficient store management
- Use one of these three apps to save time and effort
- Consider the features and pricing of each app to find the best fit for your store's needs.
How to use Shopify Metafields (custom fields)
In this video, Young from Let's Go Chop Off I will give a quick overview on Shopify meta fields, also known as Shopify custom fields. He demonstrates how to use an app to manage meta fields easily and provides an example of how to display dynamic information using meta fields.
- Overview of Shopify meta fields
- Problem with hard-coded values on product pages
Using an app to manage meta fields:
- Benefits of using an app
- Meta Field Guru app
- How to create meta fields for products
Displaying dynamic information using meta fields:
- Replacing hard-coded values with meta fields in theme files
- Using conditional statements to display values only if they exist
- Tips for using meta fields
- Thanking viewers for watching and offering to answer questions
- Encouraging viewers to subscribe to the channel for future videos.
Shopify Metafields: How to Add Custom Fields in Shopify (Online Store 2.0)
For years, adding custom fields in Shopify was a difficult process. It required the use of hidden URLs or unreliable browser extensions to add and edit fields. Displaying fields in themes meant hard-coding them directly into theme code. However, Shopify's new meta field system, announced at Unite 2021, has improved the process significantly. This update allows users to edit metafields directly from the admin alongside standard fields and link them to section settings using the new data linking feature, eliminating the need for any code. In this article, we'll take a look at how to manage metafields in Shopify under the new Online Store 2.0 system.
Managing Metafields in Shopify:
- Accessing Online Store 2.0 Features: Despite Shopify's wording, all stores, regardless of creation date, seem to have access to all Online Store 2.0 features.
- Understanding Data Linking: With data linking, users can add dynamic sources to display on the front end. Hard-coding is no longer necessary.
- Creating a Metafield: In the customizer, users can create a metafield by navigating to the default product template and clicking on a field. Users can then link a new data source and use the Add New Metafield option to open the metafield settings page in store settings.
- Defining the Metafield: On the metafield settings page, users can define the metafield by choosing a name, description, content type, and additional rules.
- Editing the Metafield: Once the metafield is defined, users can edit it directly in the product section of the admin. The metafield will be listed under the standard fields.
Shopify's new meta field system is a significant improvement over the previous process of adding custom fields. With data linking and the ability to edit metafields directly from the admin, users can display dynamic sources on the front end without the need for hard-coding or writing any code. The process of creating and defining a metafield is straightforward, and editing it is as simple as navigating to the product section of the admin. Overall, this update makes managing metafields in Shopify much more user-friendly.
Shopify 2.0 Metafields Tutorial (Real Store Examples)
Shopify Metafields: A Beginner's Guide
- Shopify online store 2.0 update includes metafields
- Metafields were previously only available for developers
- Metafields are now accessible for regular store owners and marketers
What are Metafields?
- Custom fields for products and collections
- Allow for the creation of unique fields, such as a subtitle or intro paragraph
- Fresh Ego Kid uses metafields for their Other Options and Complete the Look sections
- Metafields allow for easy addition of related products
- Metafields are defined through settings in the Shopify admin
- Namespace and key are used for organization
- Content type is selected (usually text)
Adding Metafields to Templates
- Metafields are added to the code in Shopify online store 1.0
- Tutorial is aimed towards non-technical store owners
- Metafields are a powerful tool for customizing product and collection fields
- With the Shopify online store 2.0 update, metafields are accessible for all users
- Adding metafields can enhance the customer experience and increase sales.
HOW TO USE SHOPIFY METAFIELDS - EXPLAINED by Shopify Experts
Meta fields are a powerful tool for adding additional information fields to your Shopify product pages. In this article, we will explain what meta fields are, why you need them, and how to use them effectively.
What are Meta Fields?
Meta fields are additional information fields that you can add to your Shopify product pages. They allow you to add more information outside of your standard information fields, such as title, description, and image.
Why Do You Need Meta Fields?
Many clients ask why they need meta fields. The answer is simple: meta fields allow you to add more information to your product pages. For example, if you want to add a second description or an extra image, you can use meta fields to do so.
How to Use Meta Fields:
1. Identify the key: The key is a nickname for your meta field. It identifies what field you are referring to, such as description 2.
2. Enter the value: The value is the information you want to enter into the meta field. It can be text, a number, a URL, or an image.
3. Add additional information fields: With meta fields, you can add as many additional information fields as you need.
Benefits of Using Meta Fields:
1. More information: Meta fields allow you to add more information to your product pages.
2. Customization: Meta fields allow you to customize your product pages to better suit your needs.
3. Improved SEO: Meta fields can also improve your SEO by adding more relevant information to your product pages.
Meta fields are a powerful tool for adding additional information fields to your Shopify product pages. By using meta fields, you can add more information, customize your pages, and improve your SEO. If you want to learn more about meta fields, check out our channel for tons of meta field app reviews.
Using metafields to customize your Shopify product pages
Hey everyone, it's Laura here with Fluorescent. Today, I'm going to walk you through how to use metafields and dynamic sources to make your product pages smarter for your customers.
What are Metafields and Dynamic Sources?
Metafields are extra data fields built into Shopify that allow you to store additional information for products, collections, orders, blogs, and pages. These fields can be used to display unique content on your site and are accessed through your Shopify admin.
Dynamic sources, on the other hand, are accessed in your theme editor and link the data you've stored as a metafield to sections within your theme.
Using Metafields and Dynamic Sources:
For our tutorial, we'll be showing you how to use metafields to display materials information in an accordion on the product page. Here are the steps:
1. Write the metafield options in your Shopify admin under settings and then metafields.
2. Add a name and description to the metafield.
3. Click on select content type and choose text or multi-line text.
4. Repeat the process for as many metafields as you want to use on your product page.
5. Add the values into your product metafields by navigating to your products listing and populating the metafield sections at the bottom of each page.
6. Link the metafields in your theme editor by navigating to the product page where you want those accordions to appear.
7. Click add block and choose the collapsible row.
8. Give the section a title, select the dynamic sources icon, choose the metafield you just created, and click insert.
9. Save your changes and you're done!
- If you have a large product catalog, consider using a third-party app to apply metafields in bulk.
- To learn more about other ways you can use metafields and dynamic sources in your theme, check out the links in the description.
Using metafields and dynamic sources can make your product pages more informative and engaging for customers. With these easy steps, you can start using this feature like a pro.