In this article, we will discuss how to add a login form to your Shopify website. This will allow your customers to easily log in, access members-only content, and manage their account information.
Adding Login Form:
To add a login form, follow these steps:
- Go to the online store and click on navigation
- Customize the name of the login link
- Paste the link provided by the app into the login link field
- Repeat for sign up link
- Edit code in the theme and actions section
- Paste the code provided by the app into the theme.liquid file
Once you have added the login form, your customers will have access to the following features:
- Log in form
- Forgot password form
- Sign up form
- Custom questions
- Members-only content
- Stripe customer portal integration
Stripe Customer Portal:
The Stripe customer portal integration allows your customers to manage their billing information, view invoice history, update payment methods, upgrade or cancel plans, and pause subscriptions.
Adding a login form to your Shopify website is easy and can greatly improve the user experience for your customers. With features like members-only content and Stripe customer portal integration, your customers will have full control over their accounts. If you have any questions or concerns, contact the app's support team for assistance.
How to Deal With Shopify Refunds & Returns | ReturnGo App
Setting up a Returns and Exchange Portal for Your Shopify Store
In this tutorial, we will be showing you the most efficient way to deal with returns and refunds for your Shopify store by setting up a returns and exchange portal.
Benefits of a Returns and Exchange Portal:
- Allows customers to exchange items for another item from your store
- Enables you to keep some profit rather than refunding customers directly
- Provides the option to refund customers with store credits
- Makes your store appear more professional
Creating a Returns and Exchange Portal:
1. Install the Return Go app
2. Click on the Add App button in your Shopify dashboard and install the app
3. Start the free trial for Return Go
4. Click on the Settings tab in the Return Go dashboard
5. Set up your store settings
7. Configure your email notifications
8. Set up your shipping settings
9. Create your return reasons
10. Customize your portal design
Using the Returns and Exchange Portal:
1. Customers enter their order number and personal information to find their order
2. Customers can choose to exchange the item or return it for store credit or a refund
3. Customers select their reason for return or exchange and can upload images if necessary
4. Customers confirm their request and read the store's policies
5. Customers receive a unique reference number for their return or exchange
6. Store owners can view and approve or reject return requests in the Return Go dashboard
7. Store owners can refund customers with store credit or payment method or exchange the item for another product
Setting up a returns and exchange portal can save time and increase customer satisfaction for your Shopify store. By using the Return Go app, you can customize your portal and manage return requests easily. Try it out for your store today!
Shopify returns and exchanges (2022)
Are you tired of spending too much time on exchanges and dealing with refund requests? Do you want to improve your customer experience and increase your profits? In this article, we'll introduce you to Rich Returns, a popular Shopify app that can help you manage your returns efficiently and effectively.
- Processing exchanges manually can be time-consuming and overwhelming, especially if you have a large number of orders to handle.
- Rich Returns is a Shopify app that offers a central dashboard to manage all your returns, and a branded portal for your customers to make returns or exchanges themselves.
- You can customize the portal to match your brand, and exclude certain orders from the return process.
- Rich Returns offers standardized return reasons and resolution options, and allows customers to check your live inventory to make exchanges easier.
- You can also set up rules for shipping labels, fees, and restocking, and analyze your returns data to identify common issues and improve your product quality.
By using Rich Returns, you can save time and money on exchanges, provide a better customer experience, and increase your profits. With its user-friendly features and customizable options, it's a valuable tool for any Shopify merchant who wants to streamline their return process and grow their business.
Require Login to Access Shopify Store
In this video, Scott Austin from Jade Puma demonstrates how to require a login for an entire Shopify store using just liquid code. This is a simple process that does not require an app, but only 10 lines of code. The code redirects customers who are not logged in to the login page and prevents an infinite loop.
- Scott Austin from Jade Puma demonstrates how to require a login for an entire Shopify store using liquid code
- This is a simple process that does not require an app, but only 10 lines of code
- The code redirects customers who are not logged in to the login page and prevents an infinite loop
Steps to Require a Login for an Entire Shopify Store:
1. Open Shopify admin for the store
2. Go under Online Store, then Themes, then Actions, then Edit Code
3. Open the theme.liquid file under Layout
4. Copy and paste the 10 lines of code into the file underneath the head tag
5. Save the changes
Explanation of the Code:
- The code uses logic to determine if the customer is logged in or not
- If the customer is not logged in, they are redirected to the login page
- The code prevents an infinite loop by checking if the customer is already on the login page before redirecting them
- The code also takes into account other customer pages and challenge pages
- Depending on the business rules of the store, the login page may need to be edited to provide additional information
- It may be necessary to disable the ability for customers to create their own accounts and instead require them to go through a separate application process
- Requiring a login for an entire Shopify store is a simple process that only requires 10 lines of code
- Liquid code is used to redirect customers who are not logged in to the login page and prevent an infinite loop
- Depending on the business rules of the store, additional edits may be necessary to the login page and account creation process.
How To Add A Wholesale Area To Your Shopify Store 2022 - No Coding - Shopify Online Store 2.0
field for the business email and again make it required and big if needed. You can add as many fields as you want depending on the information you need from your wholesalers. Once you are done, save the template and then assign it to the page you want to use as your wholesale page. That's it! You have now created a simple and effective wholesale application page for your Shopify store.
If you are using a free theme like the Dawn theme, the process is a little different. You can still create a custom page for your wholesale area, but you won't have the same level of customization options as with a professional theme. Here's how you can do it:
- Go to the Online Store section of your Shopify dashboard and click on Pages.
- Click on Add Page and choose the page template you want to use (Blank Page is fine).
- Give your page a title, like Wholesale Application, and add any other content you want, like an introduction or instructions for how to apply.
- To add a form for your wholesalers to fill out, click on the Add section button and choose the Form section.
- Customize the form fields to collect the information you need from your wholesalers.
- Once you are done, save the page and add it to your store's navigation menu so your wholesalers can easily find it.
Now that you have created your wholesale application page, it's time to add your wholesalers to your store and give them the right access. Here's how to do it:
- Go to the Customers section of your Shopify dashboard and click on Add customer.
- Fill in the information for your wholesaler, including their email address and any other relevant details.
- In the Tags section, add the tag wholesaler so Shopify knows to give them the right access.
- Save the customer and then click on the Invite button to send them an email inviting them to create an account on your store.
- Once they have created an account and logged in, they will be able to see the wholesale area of your store and access any products or collections you have set up for them.
Finally, it's important to be able to hide or show certain products, collections, or pages depending on whether a customer is a wholesaler or a regular customer. Here's how to do it:
- Go to the product, collection, or page you want to hide or show and click on the Edit button.
- In the Visibility section, choose whether you want the item to be visible to everyone, visible only to wholesalers, or hidden from everyone.
- Save the changes and your item will now be hidden or shown depending on the customer's status.
In conclusion, creating a wholesale area on your Shopify store doesn't have to be complicated or expensive. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can create a simple and effective wholesale application page, add your wholesalers to your store, and give them the right access to your products and collections. With this setup, you can provide your wholesalers with a unique experience and manage all your inventory and sales within Shopify. Good luck!
Customer Portal with Shopify
In this video, we demonstrate how to create a customer portal using Deck Easy's web integration functionality. A customer portal is similar to an e-commerce website but is designed for existing customers to use, not new customers.
Here are the steps we took:
1. Imported two brands into the item management
2. Created three customers with a few branches and set up unique email addresses for them
3. Set up standard items for each customer
4. Created and set up a new Shopify store
5. Modified the theme to work with Deck Easy
6. Set up an account payment method as payments will be handled outside of the website
7. Enabled customer accounts in settings
8. Set up a private app to allow Deck Easy to talk to Shopify
9. Created a new website in Deck Easy and set it up with the necessary details
10. Set up the menu with customized and non-customized clothing as main menu items and submenus
11. Checked the web item checkbox for all standard and normal items we wanted on the website and indicated which menu they belong to
12. Uploaded everything to Shopify, including standard items, normal items, customers, and customer branches
13. Created the navigation menu manually in Shopify based on instructions from a report generated in Deck Easy
14. Viewed the website as a logged-in customer
Overall, Deck Easy's web integration functionality makes it easy to create a customer portal for existing customers to use. By following the steps outlined in this video, anyone can set up a customer portal quickly and efficiently.
How to integrate PostNord with Shopify to completely automate the order fulfilment process?
If you're looking for a way to automate your order fulfillment process in Shopify, integrating with PostNord might be the solution for you. With the help of the Multi Carrier Shipping Label app by Plugin Hive, you can easily configure your PostNord account and automate your shipping process. In this article, we'll go through the steps to integrate PostNord with Shopify and automate your order fulfillment process.
1. Configure your store location as the shipping origin.
2. Modify or add multiple shipping addresses if required.
3. Apply for a PostNord account that suits your business.
4. Add your PostNord account credentials to the Multi Carrier Shipping Label app.
5. Enable PostNord services to fulfill orders.
6. Add products to the cart and proceed to checkout.
7. Choose your preferred shipping amount and method.
8. View orders in the app order dashboard.
9. Generate shipping labels with a single click.
10. Initiate the pickup request and mark orders as shipped.
11. Download the manifest required by the PostNord pickup agent.
12. Receive tracking details in the Shopify order completion email.
13. View live tracking status of all orders on the shipment tracking dashboard.
14. Use the app's exclusive view of all orders based on their tracking statuses.
With the Multi Carrier Shipping Label app by Plugin Hive, integrating PostNord with Shopify has never been easier. Automate your order fulfillment process and save time and effort. With the app's ability to integrate with many other top shipping carriers, it's the complete shipping solution for your Shopify store. Get started today for only nine dollars per month and reach out to Plugin Hive's support team if you need any assistance.