Shopify Search API: Find Products Fast
In this article, we will learn how to implement predictive search on your Shopify theme using the Shopify API and the theme predictive search library. Predictive search streamlines the search process for customers by showing them a few products that match what they have already typed in before hitting enter.
1. Understand what predictive search is and how it works
2. Add a div with class predictive search and a data attribute of predictive search to the search form in the header.
3. Install the theme predictive search library using yarn
5. Use the predictive search API endpoint to query for search results based on what the customer has typed in
6. Display the search results to the customer using HTML elements and append them to the DOM
Predictive search is a valuable tool for improving the search experience for customers on your Shopify site. By following these steps, you can easily implement predictive search using the Shopify API and theme predictive search library. Remember to customize the search options to fit your specific needs and check the documentation for more information.
Understanding the Shopify API
In this article, we will discuss the importance of using APIs and their practical use cases. We will provide tips on how to get started and explain how APIs can be used in different applications.
Practical Use Cases:
- APIs can be used to integrate app services and features. For instance, a disco app can collect email addresses and use a third-party email marketing service.
- APIs can be used to create a shopping experience. A shopping app can be integrated with a price comparison platform to offer customers the best product deals.
- APIs can be used in game development. Unity can be integrated with the Apple store to enable in-game purchases.
Tips on Getting Started:
- Start by understanding the basics of APIs and how they work.
- Choose an API that suits your application needs.
- Learn how to integrate the API into your application.
- Test and debug the API to ensure it works correctly.
- Use resources such as tutorials and documentation to help you get started.
In conclusion, APIs are essential in modern applications and offer practical use cases. Learning how to use APIs can be challenging, but with the right resources and tips, it is possible to get started. Remember to choose an API that suits your application needs, learn how to integrate it correctly, and test it to ensure it works correctly.
30 - Shopify Collection Sorting with Ajax Fetch
In this video tutorial, the focus was on adding a sorting feature to the collection page of a Shopify theme using AJAX requests. The following steps were taken to achieve this:
- The tutorial was introduced, and the topic of adding sorting functionality to the collection page was highlighted.
- The current theme was reviewed, and it was noted that it lacked sorting options on the collection page.
- The tutorial then explored the Shopify documentation on collection page templating and architecture to understand how to sort collections by URL parameter.
- A code snippet was copied from the Shopify documentation, which was used to sort the collection alphabetically.
- A function was created to handle the AJAX request to the collection page.
- The function was tested to ensure it retrieved the proper data.
- The retrieved data was added to the DOM by creating a virtual div element and assigning it to a variable.
- The tutorial then added a loading feature to the collection page to indicate when the AJAX request was in progress.
- Finally, the URL was updated to reflect the current sorting option.
- The tutorial successfully demonstrated how to add sorting functionality to a Shopify theme's collection page using AJAX requests and the Alpine.js framework.
How to use Vue.js in Shopify Theme Development (Predictive Search API)
What's up YouTube! Today, in celebration of the release of my new class Shopify Theme Development with Vue.js, I'm going to show you how to use Vue.js with Shopify's own Predictive Search API to create a dynamic product search page.
1. Set up the Shopify theme code from the Github repository.
2. Create a custom page template and load it into an actual page.
3. Include the Vue.js script in the layout file.
4. Set up the Vue.js instance and create the options object.
5. Set up the data function, methods, and life cycle hooks.
6. Create a search method using the Predictive Search API.
7. Load the search results into the items array of the instance data.
8. Build the search results section using v-if and v-for directives.
9. Test and refine the code.
Faceted Search and Filter Functionality / App for Bigcommerce, Shopify and Magento Using Algolia API
Importance of Faceted Search and Advanced Filters for E-commerce
- Faceted search and advanced filters are crucial functionalities for e-commerce websites.
- These features enable users to quickly find what they are looking for, increasing conversion rates and customer satisfaction.
Why Faceted Search and Advanced Filters are Important:
- Users have a short attention span and are not patient when searching for products online.
- E-commerce businesses need to compete with large companies like Amazon that offer advanced filtering options.
- Without these functionalities, businesses risk losing potential sales.
- Faceted search and advanced filters allow businesses to create synonyms, rules, and tags for products, making them more relevant to users' search queries.
Technical Side of Faceted Search and Advanced Filters:
- A database like Algolia is essential for creating and storing data for these functionalities.
- Clean data is crucial for creating custom rules, defining filters, and making search results more specific.
- Algolia allows businesses to create unlimited custom rules and track search queries to improve the user experience.
- Advanced functionalities include tying keywords to landing pages, displaying related terms, and creating upsell opportunities.
Benefits of Faceted Search and Advanced Filters:
- Increased conversion rates, average order volume, and lifetime value.
- Improved customer satisfaction and fewer support requests.
- Indexing search results on Google can lead to better landing pages for advertising.
- Faceted search and advanced filters are essential for e-commerce businesses to remain competitive and provide a better user experience.
- Algolia is a powerful tool for creating these functionalities and improving search results.
Part 6 - Shopify App Development - How To Search Products by Title using Shopify Product API + PHP
Hey YouTube, welcome back to another episode of Shopify app development tutorial series. In this lesson, we're going to learn how to do product search using just title. For example, if we have an input box and we search for iPhone case, the results will show up like a Google search. Unfortunately, Shopify API does not offer this feature. But don't worry, in this lesson, we'll show you how to do it.
- In this lesson, we'll learn how to do product search using just title in Shopify.
1. Accessing Required Files:
- Open PHP and require the necessary files: functions.php and connect.php.
- Get the data from Shopify using the get variable and serialize it.
- Use the array_key function to differentiate or use the HMAC from the variable data.
2. Using the Database:
- Use the variable SQL to select all from the example_table where store_URL is equal to the subdomain.
- Get the token and subdomain using MySQL fetch.
- Parse the subdomain into a subdomain using parse_url and explode.
3. Using jQuery:
- Make an input box with a class of search_input and name search.
- Create a hidden input box with a class of subdomain and name subdomain.
- Use jQuery to make an AJAX function that sends the data to the search.php file.
- Display the response in the product_list class.
4. Search.php File:
- Open PHP and access the functions.php file.
- Declare the variables needed to get the products from Shopify.
- Use the foreach loop to get the product ID and title.
- Check if the search term is in the title using the strpos function.
- Concatenate the result if the search term is in the title.
- Use echo to return the result to the AJAX function in the Shopify app.
- With these steps, you can now do product search using just title in your Shopify app.
26 - Update Shopify Cart Quantity with Ajax Easily
Hey there! In this video, we will be learning about updating the quantity of items in the cart, removing items, and using global functions in Shopify. There's a lot to cover, so let's get started!
- In this video, we will be learning how to update the card quantity, remove items, and use global functions in Shopify.
Updating Quantity and Removing Items:
- When we increase the quantity of an item, the cart should update, and the x button should remove it.
- We can use the Shopify API documentation to remove items using a post request to the change.js file.
- By passing the variant ID and quantity, we can modify or remove items from the cart using the change API.
- We can also use the line property to specify which item to remove.
- To make updating the quantity a global function, we can extract the code and pass the line item and quantity as parameters.
- To update the quantity, we can use the ++ and -- operators or use a data component in Alpine.js.
Using Global Functions:
- By using global functions, we can update the cart quantity and remove items from anywhere on the page.
- We can use the window variable to assign global functions and make them easily accessible.
- We can also use the debounce function in Alpine.js to prevent multiple clicks from sending multiple requests to the server.
- By using global functions, we can make updating the cart quantity and removing items much easier.
- We can use the Shopify API documentation to modify and remove items from the cart.
- We can also use the ++ and -- operators or data components in Alpine.js to update the quantity.
- Adding a loading state can also improve the user experience when updating the cart.
- Boost Your E-Commerce with Hertfordshire's Shopify Services
- Shopify: Founded in the Year
- Transform Your Tone: Shopify Success
- Connect Shopify to Facebook & Instagram
- Shopify 2020 Valuation: Booming Growth Continues
- Shopify Comic Book Store: Your One-Stop Shop for Comics
- Top Toronto Shopify Stores
- Amazon Reviews on Shopify
- Shopify Basic: All the Essential Features!
- Effortlessly Load Shopify with Lazy Load Plugin