shopify section schema
Published on: January 28 2023 by pipiads
In this video, the Shopify theme sections and schema are explained. Here are some key takeaways:
- Shopify theme sections and schema are discussed in the video.
- Sections are blocks that can contain multiple blocks inside them.
- Schema is the structure of a section and contains settings for all the blocks inside it.
- Sections and schema are used to customize Shopify themes.
- Adding settings to a section involves modifying the schema code and accessing it in the HTML code.
- Types of settings include text fields, color pickers, and image selectors.
- Shopify theme customizer can be used to test the changes made to the schema and section code.
Table of Contents About shopify section schema
- How to create new Theme Sections and Blocks
- How to add a custom section in Shopify 2.0 Dawn Theme detailed guide
- Advanced Shopify Theme Development - Homepage Section Schema
- Advanced Shopify Theme Development - Image with Text Section
- Shopify Development: color swatches to product page (variant switch explained)
- How to Render Sections Asynchronously in Shopify (Section Rendering API & Bundled Section Rendering)
How to create new Theme Sections and Blocks
In this article, we will be discussing how to get started with Shopify sections and how to use them to create new settings and features for your front end customizer. We will cover the key concepts of Shopify and explore how to implement them.
- We will be discussing how to use Shopify sections to create new features for your store.
- We will cover the basics of Shopify and explore how to use them to create new settings and features.
Creating New Page Templates:
- We will start by creating new page templates and applying them to our pages.
- We can view these pages in the live customizer, but they look plain without any settings.
Creating a New Section:
- We will create a new section called Icons with Text and add it to our landing page templates.
- We will leave the section as it is for now, but we will include it in our templates.
- We will explain what JSON is and how it relates to Shopify.
- We will use examples to help illustrate the concept of objects and collections.
Adding Settings to the Section:
- We will add two new settings to our section: a text field and a rich text field.
- We will show how to reference these values and display them on the front end.
Creating Dynamic Blocks:
- We will explain how to create dynamic blocks within a section.
- We will add a new block called Image Block and show how to add a setting for uploading images.
- Shopify sections are a powerful tool for customizing your store's appearance and functionality.
- With the knowledge gained in this article, you can create new settings and features for your store using Shopify sections.
How to add a custom section in Shopify 2.0 Dawn Theme detailed guide
Learn How to Create a Custom Section on Shopify 2.0 with the Dawn Theme
- In this video, you will learn how to create a custom section on Shopify 2.0 using the Dawn theme.
- You will be able to add your own section, customize text and photos, and add as many as you want.
1. Duplicate your theme to avoid affecting any end users.
2. Click on Add a new section and name it.
3. Add text and save.
4. Add a comma and presets in the code.
5. Add a new setting for dynamic content.
6. Update the H1 tag with the dynamic content.
7. Loop through products or other content to add a gallery.
- Always duplicate your theme before making any changes.
- Use the JSON validator to ensure that your code is correct.
- Provide a label for settings to make it easier to customize.
- Use markup and styling to make your custom section visually appealing.
- Creating a custom section on Shopify 2.0 with the Dawn theme is a technical process that requires working with code.
- However, with these steps and tips, you can create a unique and customizable section for your Shopify store.
Advanced Shopify Theme Development - Homepage Section Schema
In this article, we will be discussing the basics of custom theme building for Shopify. We will start by looking at the home page and how it is divided into sections, and then we will create our first section, the hero image.
Home Page Basics:
- The home page is divided into sections.
- We can easily drag and drop sections and customize their content without having to code anything new.
- The sections are stored in the sections folder of our code.
Creating the Hero Image Section:
- Create a new file in the sections folder and name it hero.liquid.
- The schema will define the settings for the CMS, such as the image and heading.
- Add a preset to our schema so that the section will appear in the CMS.
- Insert the schema into the HTML code using liquid syntax.
- Our first section is now created and can be customized in the CMS.
By following these basic steps, we can create custom sections for our Shopify theme and easily customize their content without having to code anything new. This allows for greater flexibility and creativity in designing our online store.
Advanced Shopify Theme Development - Image with Text Section
In this section, we will learn about the image with text section, which is a popular section on Shopify. It allows displaying an image and a title with some description. We will create a new file and add the necessary code to create this section.
Creating the Image with Text Section:
1. Create a new file called image-with-text.liquid inside the sections folder.
2. Inside the file, create a div with the class name of image with text and section.
3. Create an image tag and output the image by using the sectionsettings.image filter. Add the alt tag later.
4. Create another div with the class name of image with text description container.
5. Create an h2 with the class name of heading and output the sectionsettings.title. Give the same id as in other files.
6. Create another div with the class name of image with text body and output the sectionsettings.text.
7. Add the necessary schema tags with the name image with text and settings as an array.
8. Add an object with the type image picker and id image. Repeat for title and description.
9. Add a checkbox with the id reverse and the label reverse image position.
10. Create a preset with the name image with text and category image. Add the necessary value to appear on the home screen.
Styling the Image with Text Section:
1. Inside the applications.css file, create a new comment with the class name of image with text section.
2. Select the image with text class name and set the display to grid with a template of one fraction.
3. For mobile, set the grid template to one fraction.
4. Choose the reverse class name and set the direction to be from right to left.
5. Choose the image with text description container class name and set the display to flex, flex-direction to column, justify-content to center, align-items to center, padding to 25 pixels, and direction to left to right.
6. Choose the image with text body class name and set the width to 75%, margin to 0 and auto, and padding-top to 50 pixels.
In this section, we learned how to create the image with text section on Shopify and how to style it using CSS. We also learned how to add schema tags and presets. This section is a great way to display an image with a title and description, and with the reverse checkbox, it allows for greater customization options.
Shopify Development: color swatches to product page (variant switch explained)
Unfortunately, the provided text is not coherent and appears to be gibberish. As an AI language model, I am programmed to generate human-like text based on the input I receive. However, I cannot create meaning from something that is incomprehensible. Please provide a clear and understandable input so that I can assist you better.
How to Render Sections Asynchronously in Shopify (Section Rendering API & Bundled Section Rendering)
In this video, we're going to cover the section rendering API and the addition of bundled section rendering to the cart AJAX API. These APIs allow us to render sections asynchronously within Shopify themes.
- On the collection page filters, the filters and the product grid respond asynchronously via the section rendering API on each filter update.
- On the cart page, the cart page requests the specific section to be re-rendered via the cart AJAX API.
How the Section Rendering API Works:
- You can use the section rendering API to request the HTML markup for theme sections using an AJAX request.
- There are two ways to do this: using the sections query parameter or using the section_id query parameter when loading in a single section.
- We can load in a single section using the sections query parameter, but we get a slightly different result.
- On the collection page, we can see the section rendering API in action when we use the filters.
- We can see the network request in the dev tools, passing in the section ID and filter options.
- We can also load in the section via the URL, but we wouldn't want to do this in production.
Implementing Section Rendering API:
- We can construct the URL and run a fetch request to the section rendering API.
- We can then parse the HTML and replace the old section with the new section.
- We can take inspiration from the render product grid function in the Dawn theme.
- The section rendering API and bundled section rendering to the cart AJAX API allow us to render sections asynchronously within Shopify themes.
- By understanding how these APIs work, we can create more dynamic and responsive Shopify themes.