Shopify Submenu: Organize Your Store
- 76 percent of online consumers prioritize ease of navigation in website design
- Navigation menu is crucial for allowing customers to easily explore the store and get to know the brand
- In this video, Jihab shares tips on how to set up a Shopify navigation menu for the best customer experience
- Always put the customer in mind when organizing the navigation menu
- Use names that make sense to customers when naming navigation tabs
- Keep navigation tabs condensed and limit to seven or less
- Ensure the navigation menu looks good on mobile
Setting up navigation menu:
- Create a new menu under online store and navigation
- Name the menu and create main tabs based on customer needs
- Create multi-level tabs under each main tab to organize subcollections
- Use Mega menu feature to add promotional blocks and images for a visually attractive experience
- Link footer menu from theme dashboard
- A well-organized navigation menu is crucial for providing a smooth customer experience
- Following Jihab's tips and utilizing Shopify's features can help improve your store's navigation menu
- Sign up for Jihab's free workshop to learn more about building a strong and sustainable business.
How to create drop-down menus || Shopify Help Center
Creating Drop Down Menus for Your Online Store
If you're looking for a way to organize products, collections, and pages in your online store's main menu, then drop down menus are the way to go. They make it easier for customers to navigate your store and find what they're looking for. In this article, we'll show you how to create drop down menus for your Shopify store.
- Set up your header and footer menus.
- Make sure your header menu is set up before following along with this video.
- Drop down menus consist of top level menu items and nested menu items.
- Top level menu items appear in the main menu of your store.
- Nested menu items appear in a dropdown menu.
- You can have up to two levels of nested menu items within a top level menu item.
- To create a first level nested menu item, go to Shopify admin > Online Store > Navigation > Main Menu.
- Click Add menu item if you haven't created the menu item you want to nest.
- Name the menu item and link it to an existing collection or page.
- Drag the menu item to the right to nest it under the previous or top level menu item.
- The nested menu item should be offset from the rest of the menu items.
- To see the nested menu on your online store, click Save and then click the eye icon next to Online Store.
- To create a second level nested item, click and hold the six dot icon next to the menu item and move it under and to the right of the previous menu item.
- Click Save to save your changes.
Drop down menus are a great way to organize your online store's main menu and make it easier for customers to navigate. With just a few simple steps, you can create nested menu items and improve your store's user experience. If you have any questions, visit help.shopify.com for more information. Subscribe to the Shopify Help Center for new tutorials every week.
Shopify Tutorial for Beginners | How to Create Shopify Drop Down Menu
In this video tutorial, Edwin from resolutionsdesign explains how to add collections to the main menu navigation in Shopify. He starts by deleting the default menu items and creating a new main menu item called Shop. He then shows how to attach collections to this menu item and add labels to them. Edwin also demonstrates how to create submenus by nesting collections under the Shop menu item. He advises against using the word Home in the menu and suggests using more specific labels, such as Shop or Catalog.
Edwin also covers how to add pages to the main menu navigation, including a Contact Us page and a Wholesale page. He explains how to organize the footer menu and add quick links to collections.
Overall, the tutorial provides a clear and concise explanation of how to customize the main menu navigation in Shopify. Edwin encourages viewers to ask questions and provides helpful tips throughout the video.
Shopify Tutorial: Multi Level Drop Menu Tutorial Guide Filter Menu (2022)
In this video tutorial, we will learn how to set up a multi-level drop-down menu in a Shopify store. This guide applies to all Shopify themes and is not limited to Clean Canvas. The steps are as follows:
- Welcome viewers to the tutorial
- Mention that we will be setting up a multi-level drop-down menu in a Shopify store
- Assure viewers that the tutorial applies to all Shopify themes
Step 1: Creating a Double Layer Drop-Down
- Go to the Admin page and click on Online Store and Navigation
- Select Main Menu and add a new menu item called dl2
- Select a link for the new menu item and choose Homepage
- Add a new menu item under dl2 and select Products
- Name the new menu item Ask Him Duffel Bag
- Add another menu item under dl2 and select Collections
- Choose the All Products collection and click Add
- Save the changes and refresh the page to see the new drop-down menu
Step 2: Creating a Multi-Layer Drop-Down
- Move the All Products menu item under Ask Him Duffel Bag
- Add a new menu item under Ask Him Duffel Bag and select Collections
- Choose the Kayak Collection and name the menu item accordingly
- Add another menu item under Kayak Collection and select Pages
- Choose the Size Chart page and click Add
- Save the changes and refresh the page to see the multi-layer drop-down menu
Step 3: Filtering a Collection in the Main Menu
- Add a new menu item and select Collections
- Choose the All Products 2 collection
- Click on Filter based on tag and enter the tag bag or bags
- Save the changes and refresh the page to see the filtered collection in the main menu
- Thank viewers for watching the tutorial
- Encourage them to like and subscribe for more content in the future
- Provide resources for further assistance, including comments section and website documentation
How to Create Shopify Menu, Nested Menu (Dropdown), Sub Menu & Navigation
In this video tutorial, Amul from TubeMint demonstrates how to add a menu and nested menu (sub-menu) to a Shopify store. Here's a summary of the steps he takes:
Amul welcomes viewers to the tutorial and explains what he'll be demonstrating.
Creating the main menu:
1. Log in to your Shopify admin area and click on Online Store.
2. Click on Navigation to access the menu editor.
3. Click on Main Menu to create the top-level menu.
4. Add a menu item called Blog and link it to the Blogs page.
5. Add a nested menu item called Launch and link it to the Launch category page.
6. Drag Launch under Blog to make it a sub-menu item.
7. Add more sub-menu items (e.g. News, Reviews) by selecting Add menu item and linking to the appropriate category pages.
Amul explains that this menu setup is good for SEO and customizable for different types of navigation. He invites viewers to leave comments and questions.
Drop Down Menu Shopify | Multi-Level/Mega Menus
In this article, we will be discussing how to create and manage drop-down menus as well as multi-level drop-down menus in Shopify. We will explore the steps needed to edit the main menu of your website and add additional items to create a more organized and user-friendly experience for your customers.
Managing Your Main Menu:
1. Go to the backside of your Shopify store and click on Online Store and then Navigation.
2. Here, you can manage both your main menu and footer menu.
3. Edit the main menu to control how things are laid out both horizontally and vertically.
4. To create a drop-down menu, drag an item underneath the item you want it to drop down from.
5. Click Save to save your changes.
Adding Additional Items:
1. Click on Link to add a new menu item.
2. Link it to a collection, product page, blog post, or anything else.
3. Choose the link before typing in the name to ensure it is the default name.
4. Click Add to add the item to your menu.
Creating Multi-Level Menus:
1. To create a multi-level menu, drag an item underneath another item and then drag a new item underneath it.
2. Reorder the items as necessary to ensure they are organized correctly.
3. Click Save to save your changes.
By following these steps, you can easily create and manage drop-down menus and multi-level drop-down menus in Shopify. This will help improve the organization and user-friendliness of your website, making it easier for customers to find what they are looking for.
HOW TO CREATE A DROPDOWN MENU IN SHOPIFY: Create an Organized Menu for your Shoppers
Is your Shopify store's main menu a hot mess? Organize it with drop-down menus!
- Have you ever visited an online store with a cluttered and confusing main menu? It's frustrating, right?
- As an online store owner, you want to make it easy for your customers to find what they're looking for.
- One solution is to use drop-down menus, also known as nested or sub-menus.
- In this article, we'll show you how to set up drop-down menus on your Shopify store.
Why use drop-down menus?
- Drop-down menus help you organize your pages and products into categories, making it easier for customers to navigate your store.
- Instead of having a long list of menu items, you can group similar pages together and create sub-menus that appear when customers hover over the main menu.
- This simplifies the shopping experience and can lead to more sales.
How to set up drop-down menus on Shopify:
1. Go to your Shopify dashboard and click on Sales channels and then Online store.
2. Click on Navigation and then Main menu.
3. Group similar pages together and drag and drop them to create sub-menus.
4. To create a sub-menu, drag a menu item to the right. An arrow will appear to indicate the sub-menu.
5. Save your changes and check out your new, organized main menu.
Tips for using drop-down menus:
- Group pages that are similar to make it easy for customers to find what they're looking for.
- Use descriptive titles for your menu items.
- Keep your menu items concise and avoid too many sub-menus.
- Test your menu on different devices to make sure it's easy to use on desktop and mobile.
- Don't forget to update your menu as your store grows and changes.
- Drop-down menus are a simple and effective way to organize your Shopify store's main menu.
- By grouping pages and products into categories, you can simplify the shopping experience for your customers and increase sales.
- Use our step-by-step guide to set up drop-down menus on your store and start organizing your main menu today!
- Retrieve Shopify Product Images
- Master Shopify with E-Learning
- Send Email from Shopify
- Shop tokyobike on Shopify
- Order Liquid on Shopify: Simplify Your E-commerce
- Boost Sales: Add Email Popup on Shopify
- Shopify Pro Reports: Insights for Success
- Shopify Bookkeeper: Simplify Your E-commerce Finances
- Seamless CommerceHub-Shopify Integration
- Slow Shopify Site - Boost Speed Now