skip ads on hulu reddit
Hey guys, my name is Adam and this is my new channel where I'll be talking about technology, gadgets, and more. English is my second language, so bear with me as this is my first video. Today, I want to discuss the annoyance of ads on smart televisions and how you can stop them. It's a simple process that anyone can do with just their TV remote and internet access. Let me show you how it's done!
The Annoyance of Ads on Smart Televisions:
- When watching something on your smart TV, you're bombarded with ads.
- It's impossible to watch anything without seeing multiple ads.
- You can't rewind or do anything without having to watch ads.
- But don't worry, there's a way to stop this madness.
How to Stop Ads on Smart Televisions:
1. Open your television and select the TV on demand option.
2. Choose the show or content you want to watch.
3. Before playing, you'll encounter ads from the channel or platform.
4. These ads waste a significant amount of time, making your viewing experience frustrating.
5. To stop these ads, go to your TV settings and navigate to the network settings.
6. If you're using Wi-Fi, go to Wi-Fi settings. If you're using LAN, go to advanced settings.
7. Look for the DNS server option and edit it.
8. Change the DNS server to 22.214.171.124 (check video description for more details).
9. DNS servers act like a phone book for computers, making it easier for us to access websites.
10. This specific DNS server has a blacklist for blocking ads.
11. By changing your DNS server, you'll be blocking ads on your smart TV.
12. Double-check that the DNS server has been changed successfully.
13. Now, try playing the same content you wanted to watch without ads.
14. You'll notice that the ads are gone, both at the beginning and in the middle of the video.
A Few Considerations:
- While this method eliminates ads, it may also disable the ability to rewind or pause videos.
- It's a trade-off, but if you despise ads like me, it's worth it.
- You can use various DNS servers for ad blocking; just do a quick Google search for popular ones.
- There are other methods involving Raspberry Pi or changing DNS settings on your router, but this is the easiest way.
I hope you found this video helpful in eliminating ads from your smart TV. If you enjoyed it, consider subscribing to my channel for more weekly videos on technology, gadgets, and ways to make your life easier. Like or dislike the video, it's up to you. See you in the next episode!
No more UNSKIPPABLE ads || IOS 15 Ad blocker that ACTUALLY WORKS 2022
Did you just watch an ad before this video? Oh, you're on iOS and all the ad blocks available suck major. Yeah, I know, I spent hours researching, downloading, paying, entering all kinds of cheat codes to find ways to game the system, and none of them work. Well, kind of. But who uses Safari to browse YouTube and game? I mean, you could download Brave or another browser, but we want to play games and we don't want to spend an hour of our life looking for that tiny ass x or have to watch 30 seconds of some really questionable stuff. So today, I bring answers. This will be the last time you have to watch a YouTube ad for one of my videos. But seriously, you have my blessing to turn on your adblock origin for all my videos. I sure as hell ain't getting paid for this, and I'd rather you just have a good experience with my videos, 'cause, um, that's why.
Anyway, I just wanted to give you a heads up. I personally don't care for it. You're tracked to a much larger extent. Even more data is collected when you sign into Google and all these other apps. So this compared to those is basically, yeah, all right. So it's time for the secret sauce you've been waiting for. A link is in the description, and feel free to follow along. So head over to the Adblock website and press install for iOS. And then after that, they require that you enter a birth year that's 18 or older to download the VPN profile. Once you have that downloaded, press allow. And then let's head over to the settings. We're going to have to toggle or install two things.
The first one, just head over to settings and then general and then scroll down all the way to VPN and device management. In here, you'll see under downloaded profile, Adblock Luna VPN. Press that and then install. And you'll be prompted to put in your passcode. After that's installed and you see the verified checkmark, press done. And then go back, and we're going to go into the about section. Scroll all the way to the bottom and go into certificate trust settings. And then in here, we'll see the Adblock extension root certificate. Toggle that on and then press continue. And that's basically it.
Now, if we go back to the Adblock Luna website and you let it refresh, if you see this screen, it means you're good to go. Now, if you're having issues with it limiting access to certain apps or websites, you can always remove it. It's really easy. Just go to general and under VPN, press on it, and you'll be prompted with a button to remove it.
Now, what better way to test if this adblock works than on the YouTube app? And if you could do me a favor and head over to this guy's channel and press subscribe. I know he'll greatly appreciate it. In case you didn't know, that's me. Thanks, mwah.
But anyway, guys, that's it for this video. Thanks for watching, and hopefully, I helped you and overall made your experience with your device better. And yeah, I'll catch you guys on the next one. Deuces. Music.
Why Hulu Is A Massive Scam
Hey guys! I hope you're having an amazing week so far. Today, I want to talk about something that is really important to me: Hulu. Specifically, why I think Hulu is a terrible company that provides no value and tricks you into giving them your money. Let's dive into it!
- Hulu's business model seems simple at first glance. You pay for a subscription, and you get access to unlimited movies and TV shows. But there's a catch.
Issues with Hulu:
1. Add-On Services: In order to watch the content you're already paying for, you have to pay for additional add-ons like live TV and HBO Max. These add-ons can cost anywhere from $15 to $76 a month. So, essentially, you pay Hulu to pay for more services just to watch the content you want. It's a confusing and unnecessary process.
2. Relentless Ads: Hulu bombards you with ads every seven minutes, even if you're paying for a subscription. Imagine trying to watch a movie and being interrupted by 11 ads. It's frustrating and wastes your time. If you don't want ads, you can pay $13 a month, but you still have limited access to content.
3. Limited Content: Most of the movies and TV shows on Hulu are terrible. There are a few watchable options, but the majority is pure garbage. It's disappointing to pay for a subscription and not find anything worth watching.
In conclusion, Hulu is a scummy company that doesn't care about providing quality content. They trick you into paying for their service and then make you pay more for additional add-ons. The ads are relentless, and the content selection is mostly awful. If you haven't watched anything on Hulu in a while, I suggest reconsidering your subscription. Personally, I have cut ties with Hulu and don't plan on going back. Thanks for watching, and stay safe out there!
Block ALL Ads on iPhone in ANY APP iOS 15 - (FREE - Late 2021)
Hey guys, Musa here! Today, I'm going to show you how to block ads on your iPhone. Thank God we found a way to block ads on iPhone! This method will block ads on every app, including games. I'll show you the before and after results. So, let's dive right into it!
- If I search for Wall Craft, this app is full of ads. For example, if I open just this wallpaper, boom! You'll see an ad. And if we open another wallpaper, boom! Another ad. I just hate these ads.
- Let's try another app. I'll open a movie app. If you don't know how to watch free movies on your iPhone, you can watch my video. In that video, I showed an app that allows you to watch free movies on your iPhone. By the way, you can't download it from the App Store anymore. You have to watch the video to see how to download this app.
- So, now I'll open the Loki series and if I fast forward it... boom! There's an ad. Okay, now let's see how to block these ads. You have to download an app called Luna VPN. You can't download it from the App Store, so follow this method to download the app.
- Open Safari (not Chrome) and go to google.com. Search for Luna VPN download iPhone. Open the link that says Amben Networks. Scroll down and click on Install Luna. Scroll down again and enter your age. Click on Add Blocking VPN Profile and allow it. Now, go to Settings and you'll see the profile downloaded. Click on Install and enter your password. Click Install again. Now, you can see your Luna VPN in settings. Click on it and you'll see your VPN connected.
- Now, let's go back to the app. Wall Craft is closed, so we'll open it again. If we click on this wallpaper, you can see there's no ad. We'll go down and open another wallpaper, and there's no ad. You can open any wallpaper and it won't show any ads.
- Let's go back to the movie app. You can see the movie is playing and there are no ads. This method is legit!
Thank you so much for watching, guys! Please consider subscribing to my channel to help it grow. Comment below if you find this useful and let me know if this method blocks ads for you. You can watch my other videos on my YouTube channel. Thanks again and catch you guys in the next one. Peace out!
Google Will Soon Kill Ad Blockers With Manifest V3 - What to do!
So it seems like a lot of people have recently become aware, or at least they've been reminded, about manifest V3 and the tsunami of ads that will be coming to certain browsers. So, to give you a quick rundown of the situation right now:
- A lot of extensions, especially ad blockers, are using the older manifest V2 framework which is browser agnostic. Both Chrome and Firefox extensions use these frameworks.
- However, in January of 2023, Chrome is going to completely disable manifest V2's APIs. Google's excuse for doing this is to provide more security and safety, but I'm not buying it.
- The API changes that are coming with manifest V3 are going to kill ad blockers and user script managers like Tampermonkey.
- So, what is 2023 going to look like? Are we all going to live in a pod, consume ads, and be forced to be happy? Well, if you're using Chrome and just decide to sit around and let Google abuse you, then of course you're going to be abused more and more.
- But, like most things in life, there are options you can take to prevent the abuse. The best choice, in my opinion, would be to simply change to a different browser. And I mean a truly different browser like Firefox or any of its forks.
- Brave is another option that you can consider. It is also based on Chromium, but it has ad and tracker blockers built into it, so it doesn't rely on extensions like Brave Shields.
- If you don't want to change your browser, there will still be ad blockers built with the Manifest V3 APIs. uBlock Origin Light is one example, but it has less ad and tracker blocking capability than the original uBlock Origin.
- Using a less aggressive ad blocker like this might be less convenient, but it's still an option.
- Finally, switching to Firefox is a good option because it is truly different from Chrome. Google can't do anything to remove ad blocking from Firefox, and Mozilla has committed to supporting manifest V2 extensions.
So, what is your strategy for Chrome killing manifest V2? Leave a comment, like and share this video to hack the algorithm, and have a great day!
Ethical hacker shows us how easily smart devices can be hacked and give access to your personal info
Smart devices that connect to the internet and can be controlled by our phones are becoming increasingly popular. In this article, we will explore the potential risks associated with these devices and how easy it is for hackers to gain access to our homes.
- Smart devices controlled by our phones are hot items this holiday season.
- Tonight, we will see a demonstration of how easy it is to hack into our homes.
- Investigator Jonathan Walsh will show us the vulnerabilities of these devices.
Hacking Your Home:
- Gloria Bevan, a homeowner with smart devices, expresses her concerns about the level of exposure.
- An undisclosed location is used for the demonstration with the help of ethical hacker Rob.
- Rob explains that hacking these devices can be done easily.
- Rob demonstrates how he can extract personal information and passwords from a discarded light bulb.
- He gains control of a thermostat using commonly known passwords.
- By accessing the calendar on the thermostat, hackers can determine when homeowners are away.
The Importance of Security:
- Alex Hammerstone from TrustedSec emphasizes the importance of using strong, unique passwords for each site.
- Data breaches are prevalent, and hackers are constantly looking for personal information.
- A quick Google search reveals the availability of hacking courses and tutorials.
- A previous investigation found a website that hacked into thousands of cameras, exposing private information.
- A local victim shares their experience of having their home camera hacked.
- With the increasing number of internet-connected devices, experts urge everyone to take security measures seriously.
- Multi-layer authentication is recommended to prevent unauthorized access.
- Users should pay close attention to internet-connected products and regularly update and maintain them.
- Older individuals, in particular, should be cautious and seek help when necessary.
- As smart devices continue to become more prevalent, it is crucial to prioritize security.
- By taking necessary precautions, we can protect ourselves and our homes from potential hackers.
- Let's be proactive and ensure the safety of our internet-connected devices.
Hulu Has TOO MANY COMMERCIALS! Why I use Hulu even though I don't watch it. Because I get disney+
My biggest complaint about Hulu is that I pay seven dollars a month and still have to deal with a lot of commercials. However, despite my complaints, I continue to use Hulu because I can buy Hulu and Disney gift cards using ad-watching web page apps like Swagbucks. This allows me to use Hulu and Disney Plus together for a lower cost.
Reasons for Using Hulu:
- I use ad-watching web page apps like Swagbucks to earn gift cards for Hulu and other services.
- I can use the Hulu and Disney gift cards together as a bundle, saving me money.
- I prefer not to pay cash out of pocket for Disney Plus, so using gift cards is more convenient for me.
The Problem with Disney Plus Gift Cards:
- Currently, there is no option to purchase Disney Plus gift cards on Amazon.
- Disney Plus gift cards can only be obtained through Disney's own shop or website.
- I would like Amazon to offer Disney Plus gift cards so that I can use my Amazon gift card credit to purchase them.
In conclusion, despite the abundance of commercials on Hulu, I continue to use it because I can obtain gift cards through various methods. However, I hope that Amazon and Disney Plus can reach a deal to offer Disney Plus gift cards on Amazon, which would solve my dilemma and make it easier for me to use my gift card credits.