Slow Shopify Site - Boost Speed Now
In this video, the speaker shares tips on how to increase the loading speed of a Shopify store without hiring a developer or coding. The speaker has been in the Shopify business for over four years and has managed to increase conversion rates by reducing bounce rates.
1. Don't use GT Matrix to measure loading speed. Instead, use incognito or private mode on your browser to see how your website is loading.
2. Uninstall all the apps that you are not using to avoid conflicts with your theme file, which can reduce loading speed.
3. Use a theme like Beautify, which has over 50 built-in apps that will not slow down your store's loading speed.
4. Install the Best Speed Optimizer app to improve the visitor experience by creating the illusion that your store is loading faster.
5. Resize your images without minimizing quality to reduce their file size. Use an app like Image Compression to resize images down to 1000 pixels max.
By following these simple tips, your Shopify store's loading speed will increase, which will reduce bounce rates and increase conversion rates. The speaker guarantees that if you follow these tips, you will have the best possible loading speed for your Shopify store.
How to Speed Up a Shopify Website for FREE (2023)
Slow loading Shopify stores can significantly affect your conversion rate and 70% of online consumers consider load time when making purchase decisions. Therefore, it is crucial to have a fast-loading Shopify store. However, Shopify stores are not automatically optimized for load times. In this article, we will be discussing how to use the Fast Shop app to ensure your Shopify store is lightning fast.
Using the Fast Shop App:
- The Fast Shop app optimizes product images by compressing them, allowing your store to load faster.
- You can add up to 500 images per month and have automated image optimization.
- The app provides a 30-day backup.
- The free plan is available, but upgrading the plan can give you more benefits, such as unlimited images and videos.
- Fast Shop is the only app in the Shopify app store that optimizes videos, which can significantly slow down your website.
- Fast Shop does not add any extra code to your store, unlike other apps that may cause your store to load slower.
How Many Stores Use Fast Shop?
Over 1,300 Shopify brands are using Fast Shop, optimizing over 10.6 million assets and saving over 240 gigabytes for different brands.
Installing the Fast Shop App:
- Click on Add App and then Install App.
- The app will analyze the photos and videos in your store.
- Click on Optimize and choose between the free plan or pro plan.
- After clicking on Select and Approve, Fast Shop will start optimizing the media and assets on your store.
Fast Shop has optimized over 110 images and one video, saving over 25 megabytes on the store. The speed score has jumped up from 27 to 63, making the store as fast as similar stores on Shopify.
Using Fast Shop can help optimize your Shopify store's load time, allowing you to optimize all the assets on your store 24/7, 365 days per year. It is a quick and easy way to speed up your Shopify store, giving customers a better experience and potentially increasing your conversion rate.
How to Increase Your Shopify Speed Score (Shopify Speed Optimization) - Dropshipping 2021
Hey guys, Dylan here, the Ecom Lion, and today we're going to talk about something that you may already be familiar with - your online store speed. You may have seen your score and wondered how you got a 16. You may have even seen people on Facebook saying it's not real and that Shopify just wants more money off you. But it is real, and everything about it is real. In fact, it's a Google product, not Shopify, and Shopify doesn't want more money off you this way. Today, we're going to teach you how to understand what the speed score actually is, assess the damage, and then fix it. Everything is free, and there are no paid apps, so let's get started!
- Your online store speed is an important metric that can affect your conversion rates and Google rankings.
- Understanding your speed score can help you optimize your site for better performance.
- Assessing the damage and fixing it can increase your score and improve your user experience.
Assessing Your Speed Score:
- To understand your speed score, go to Online Store and click View Report under the old theme box.
- Click See how your score is calculated to view the scores for your homepage, product page, and collection page.
- The most important metric for dropshippers and those with one product stores is the product page score.
- Click View Insights to get a report on your product page score.
- Make sure the correct page is being analyzed by entering the URL and clicking Analyze.
- Run the test three times to get a rough idea of your score due to server variability.
- Use GTmetrix to check your fully loaded time, which should be around six seconds for optimal performance.
Fixing Your Score:
- Be wary of speed optimization
How to Speed up your Shopify Website | Simple Guide
Music welcomes back again to resolutions design! Today's topic is an important one for Shopify users: speed. Many people are asking about the speed of their Shopify websites, and we're here to discuss it. Shopify has a speed meter that indicates how well your website is ranking compared to other stores. In this article, we will show you how to improve your website's speed score.
- We will discuss the importance of website speed for Shopify users.
- We will demonstrate how to improve your website's speed score.
Strategies to improve your website's speed score:
- Cut out unnecessary sections from your home page, such as videos and extra banners.
- Focus on the most important sections, such as the main banner and featured collections.
- Help your clients navigate your website by organizing your products and collections in an easy-to-understand way.
Benefits of improving your website's speed score:
- Better search engine optimization (SEO) rankings.
- Improved user experience for your clients.
- Increased conversions and sales.
Improving your Shopify website's speed score is essential for SEO rankings, user experience, and conversions. By cutting out unnecessary sections and organizing your website's content, you can make it easier for your clients to navigate your store and find the products they need.
How To Optimize Your Shopify Speed
In this article, we will explore the correct way to optimize the speed of a Shopify website. We will use Caden Lane Baby Boutique as an example and show you step-by-step how to identify and fix common issues that slow down your website.
Identifying Common Issues
When testing Caden Lane Baby Boutique's website speed using TestMyStoreSpeed.com, we discovered the following issues:
- They have 203 requests, which is more than the average of 119 requests
- The page size is 3.5 megabytes, which is considered large
- They have residual app code that is trying to load, but the app is no longer there
- Yotpo and product review apps are both installed, which can slow down the website
Analyzing the Waterfall
We analyzed the waterfall of Caden Lane Baby Boutique's website and discovered the following issues:
- The website has 203 files that need to load when the home page is loaded
- Some files, such as the Bold Upsell app, are loading before necessary files like tracking pixels and banner images
- Apps like Yotpo and Bold Options are loading on every page, even though they are only necessary on specific pages
Optimizing the Website
To optimize the speed of the website, we recommend the following:
- Remove residual app code
- Only load necessary files on each page
- Prioritize tracking pixels, main images, and call-to-actions to load first
- Make sure apps only load on specific pages where they are needed
Optimizing the speed of a Shopify website is crucial for ensuring a positive user experience and improving conversion rates. By identifying and fixing common issues like residual app code and unnecessary file loading, you can significantly improve your website's speed and performance. If you need help optimizing your Shopify website's speed, contact us at Ecom Experts for professional assistance.
How to Speed Up Shopify Website: Optimize Your Store to Increase Conversions
- Jamie from Shopify Masterclass discussing how to speed up your Shopify website in 2021
- Importance of website speed for customers and ad networks
- Sponsored by Discover Profit Calc, an affordable Shopify app for calculating profits in real-time
1. Check for improvements using Pingdom Tools and GT Metrics
- Identify slow-loading elements, such as uncompressed images and excess code from Shopify apps
2. Compress images using TinyPNG or Shopify app Image Optimizer
- Use Pingdom and GT Metrics to find excess code and consult a developer if needed
4. Use AMP pages for mobile devices
- Increases website speed and preferred by Google for ads
5. Use hero images instead of sliders on homepage
- Sliders are clutter and decrease website speed
- Hero images convey necessary information and serve the same purpose
- Implementing these tips will greatly improve website speed and customer experience on Shopify
- Smash the like button and subscribe for more content
- Thanks for watching.
How To Speed Up and Clean Up Your Shopify Store
If you have been running your Shopify store for a while and have been installing apps here and there, you may have noticed that some apps can slow down your store's performance. However, when you delete these apps, you may not see any improvement in your store's speed. In this video, we will take a look at how to improve your Shopify store speed and performance.
Reasons why your Shopify store speed is still the same:
1. Apps don't really slow down your store in the first place
2. Apps that you deleted left a bunch of snippet codes that weren't removed by the app
Tips and tricks to clean up your Shopify store:
1. Scan through your theme.liquid file and search for include files.
2. Check if the file is being used by a Shopify app or not.
3. Use website tools like GT Metrics or Google Speed Insights to determine what can slow down your store.
4. Use tinyjpg.com to make your images lighter, which can really speed up your website.
Improving your Shopify store speed and performance requires some attention to detail and knowledge of your theme files. By following the tips and tricks outlined in this article, you can clean up your store and remove the junk created by deleted apps, ultimately improving your store's speed and performance.
- Shopify Timer Boosts Sales!
- Integrate Shopify with SAP Business One
- Mageify: The Shopify of Magento.
- Shopify vs. Magento: E-commerce Battle
- Shopify Customer Service: Call for Assistance
- Optimize Ecommerce with Shopify Templates
- Find Shopify Stores on Google: Tips
- Monthly Cost of Shopify
- LSPD Challenges Shopify
- Wix vs. Shopify: Best Ecommerce Platform?