Streamline Shopify Cart Additions with add.js
In this article, we will learn how to create an adjustable card functionality for Shopify using the Liquid library. We will be creating a new environment with a free Shopify theme called Minimal and adding a custom card section to it.
1. Install the Minimal theme and check the card page.
2. Create a new section for the adjustable card.
3. Add basic code for the card section with minus and plus buttons.
4. Include the card section in the theme liquid template.
5. Add flex wrapper to split the page to the main content and sidebar for the card.
6. Upload and include the Liquid Edge card library.
7. Add data attributes to the card section for Liquidates card to identify it.
8. Test the plus and minus buttons and product forms.
9. Improve user experience by highlighting the card when it's updating.
10. Fix the card counter in the header.
11. Add remove button for the card.
12. Use toggle class button data attribute to hide and show the adjustable card.
13. Use form error data attribute to show error messages for limited products.
25 - Shopify Ajax Cart with Dynamic Cart Data Updates
Hey, welcome to another video! In this video, I'm going to show you a technique that I haven't seen anywhere on the internet for Shopify team developers. This video is very important because you will learn something really cool. In this video, we will partially load the dynamic card. Now, it might be confusing for you what I'm saying right now, but you will understand when I show you what I mean.
- Learn a new technique for Shopify team developers
- Partially load the dynamic card
- Confusing at first, but will be explained
1. Find event to open cart
- Event of toggle record
- Code in main product form
- Use dollar sign dispatch to run toggle card event
2. Create liquid file for form
- Form should come from liquid file
- Create index.cart.liquid template
- Use layout none to not use any layout template
3. Send AJAX request to endpoint
- Create endpoint with card data and HTML structure
- Use dollar sign fetch to send request
- Get text response and update card content
4. Refactor code with snippet
- Cut form code and put it in snippet file
- Include snippet in both areas
- Learned how to partially load dynamic card
- Used liquid file for form and AJAX request for card data
- Refactored code with snippet
- Next video will cover quantity update and removal of products from card
Adding ajax to the Shopify cart template (theme development tutorial)
In this video, Robbie is going to cover the Shopify cart page in depth. He will be showing us how to ajaxify the page so that everything updates on screen and there's no need for an update button.
1. Hooking up quantity selectors: Robbie starts by adding an event listener on each of the quantity selector buttons. He then checks if the user is trying to increase or decrease the quantity and updates the value accordingly.
2. Updating the cart: Next, Robbie creates a function called change item quantity and passes it the key and quantity. He then fires off an AJAX request to Shopify's cart change API and updates the cart with the new quantity.
3. Updating prices: Robbie then grabs the total discount, total price, and item price from the updated cart object and formats them properly using Shopify's money format. He then updates the elements on screen with the new prices.
4. Removing items: Robbie adds a class to the remove buttons and adds an event listener on each of them. He then creates a function that removes the item from the cart and updates the total discount and total price.
5. Empty cart: Lastly, Robbie checks if the cart is completely empty and removes everything from the page while displaying an empty message.
By following Robbie's tutorial, we can learn how to ajaxify the Shopify cart page and make it more user-friendly. We can update the cart, prices, and remove items without refreshing the page. With these tips, we can improve the shopping experience for our customers and increase sales.
26 - Update Shopify Cart Quantity with Ajax Easily
Hey, welcome to another video! In this video, we will learn how to update the card quantity, remove it, and use custom and global functions. There are a lot of techniques to learn, so let's get started.
In this video, we will learn how to update the card quantity and remove items from the card using custom and global functions. We will also explore different techniques and use the Shopify API documentation to achieve our goals.
- Contractions, idioms, transitional phrases, interjections, dangling modifiers, and colloquialisms
- Bullet points or Numbered list
- Avoid repetitive phrases and unnatural sentence structures
- Use a question mark at the end of questions
How to Update the Card Quantity:
1. We have the card on the page, and when we increase the quantity, it should update the card, and the x button should remove it.
2. To remove the item, we can use the Shopify API documentation and send a post request to the change js.
3. We use the update API to modify or change the quantity and the line item.
4. We create a global function to remove the item from the cart by accepting two parameters, line item, and quantity.
5. We call the global function, remove the item, and pass the quantity and line item as parameters.
6. We apply the same technique to update the quantity by creating a new global function, update quantity, and passing the quantity and line item as parameters.
Updating the card quantity and removing items from the cart is essential for any e-commerce website. With the help of custom and global functions and the Shopify API documentation, we can achieve our goals efficiently. By following the techniques mentioned above, we can write clean and informative code that is easy to read and understand.
22 - Shopify Ajax Add To Cart with Fetch API and Alpine.js
In this video, we will learn how to add products to the cart using AJAX without jQuery. We will be using the default fetch API in the browser and Alpine JS, making it easy and clean to add products. We will begin by creating a function to call when we click on the add to cart button. We will change the button type from submit to button and add an event to call the function. To send data as an AJAX request, we can either create an object or serialize the form. We will serialize the form using the new form method and a unique key. We will then send a fetch request to Shopify and pass the form data in the body. If the response is successful, we will return the JSON object. In the next video, we will refactor the code, connect the quantity modifier, and fix any issues. Overall, this video provides a comprehensive guide on how to add products to the cart using AJAX without jQuery.
1. Go to the Shopify dashboard and click on Themes.
2. Click on Actions and then select Edit Code.
4. For this example, we'll create a blank CSS file and add a text shadow to the hero banner using Chrome Developer Tools.
5. Copy the CSS code and paste it into the newly created CSS file.
6. Link the CSS file by adding a new CSS declaration line in the theme.liquid file located in the Layout folder.
- Use bullet points or numbered lists for easy navigation.
- Use contractions, idioms, transitional phrases, interjections, and colloquialisms for a conversational tone.
- Avoid repetitive phrases and unnatural sentence structures.
- Don't forget to use a question mark at the end of questions.
- Summarize the article in a conclusion.
Shopify Theme Build: Theme Cart JS Intro - Episode 6
1. Use npm package manager to install Shopify's theme cart library using yarn add command.
2. Import the library using import syntax and test it using console.info() and get state method.
3. To reveal the library to the window, use window.cart and assign it to cart object.
4. Use add item method to add an item to the cart by passing id and quantity.
5. Use update item method to update the quantity of a specific item by passing the key and quantity.
6. Use remove item method to remove a specific item from the cart by passing the key.
7. Use clear items method to remove all items from the cart.
- Top Toronto Shopify Stores
- Amazon Reviews on Shopify
- Shopify Basic: All the Essential Features!
- Effortlessly Load Shopify with Lazy Load Plugin
- Buy Shopify Site: Boost Your Online Business
- Shopify Courses: Boost Your Online Sales
- Online Shopify Stores: Boost Your E-commerce Game
- Shopify's Top Plan Features
- Seamless Shopify-Zazzle Integration
- Polen Joins Shopify Plus Ecosystem