trueview in-stream ads and video discovery ads appear
- Explanation of YouTube TrueView video ads
- Purpose of the article
Types of TrueView Video Ads:
- In-Stream Ads
- Definition and explanation
- Charging system
- Example of in-stream ad
- Video Discovery Ads
- Definition and explanation
- Charging system
- Example of video discovery ad
Creating TrueView Video Ads:
- How to create in-stream ads
- How to create video discovery ads
- Importance of separating campaigns for different ad formats
- New page on surfsidepccom
- Use of recommended marketing products
- Importance of only recommending products used by the company
- Explanation of cost and cost per conversion
- Recap of TrueView video ads and their types
- Explanation of how to create the ads
- Encouragement to ask questions and subscribe to the channel.
YouTube TrueView Discovery Ads
Marketers who want to test video campaigns in Google Ads often start with TrueView in-stream ads. However, TrueView discovery ads may be a better fit for those who want to reach high-quality users.
Benefits of TrueView Discovery Ads:
- Highly engaging format
- Appears in YouTube search results and video watch pages
- Can capitalize on higher search intent
- Customizable headline, description, and thumbnail
Setting up a TrueView Discovery Ad Campaign:
- Create a custom video campaign without a specific goal
- Choose YouTube search results and/or YouTube videos for network selection
- Target specific demographics, audiences, and keywords
- Upload the video with a custom thumbnail, headline, and description
Monitoring and Optimization:
- Add multiple ad variants to test view-through rate
- Monitor how long the video was played and if the user watched almost up to 100% of it
- Make adjustments to targeting and messaging to attract the right users
What Are YouTube Instream and Discovery Ads
Are you new to advertising on YouTube and wondering which type of ad to use? In this video, we'll explain the difference between in stream ads and discovery ads and help you decide which one to use for your business. We'll break down each type of ad and give you tips on when and where to use them. So, let's dive right in!
In Stream Ads:
- Also known as TrueView or pre-roll ads
- Play before the video you want to watch
- Can be skipped after 6 seconds
- You're only charged if someone watches 30 seconds or clicks on the call to action
- Great for generating leads and opportunities
- Free impressions for your message or offer
- Cost around 15 to 25 cents per view
- Best for volume
- The video that ranks on top of a YouTube search
- Shows ad next to it
- Not great for volume, but great for warm leads
- Educate your audience and then give a call to action
- Cost varies based on keywords, topics, and audiences
- Best for branding, education, and thought leadership
- Can be really powerful
- Use in stream ads for volume and discovery ads for branding and education
- Have a discovery ad for every niche or broad product you have
- Fast track your organic rankings by paying to play
If you want volume of leads, go for in stream ads. If you want branding and thought leadership, go for discovery ads. If you want both, mix them together. And don't forget to subscribe, like, and comment below to let us know how you plan on using these types of ads on YouTube!
IN STREAM ADS vs DISCOVERY AD - What's the difference? [EXPLAINED]
In this video, the difference between in-stream ads and discovery ads in YouTube ads is discussed. The video starts with a little mental hack to remember the difference between the two types of ads. In-stream ads are the ads that interrupt you when you start watching a video and require you to watch them for at least five seconds before skipping them. Discovery ads, on the other hand, are the ads that you actively click on and require specific action to watch.
The video then goes on to explain when to use in-stream ads and discovery ads. In-stream ads are best used when you want to directly sell something or build your email list. They are the most direct path to getting someone out of YouTube and taking a specific action on your website. Discovery ads, on the other hand, are more of a soft approach and are best used when you want to build brand awareness or get more subscribers or views on a specific video.
The video also provides tips for using discovery ads, such as promoting a video that performs well in getting subscribers or re-uploading a slightly modified version of a video to get more views. The video ends by promoting a PDF in the description that provides even more information on when to use in-stream ads and discovery ads and different targeting strategies.
YouTube TrueView Video Discovery Ads Tutorial - TrueView Discovery Ads Explained
Hey everyone, welcome to Surfside PPC's YouTube channel! Today, we're going to talk about YouTube video discovery ads. These ads are unique because they appear in YouTube search results and alongside other videos, rather than during videos themselves. If you want to create a video discovery ad campaign, you'll need to use your Google Ads account. But before we dive into that, let's take a look at some examples.
Examples of YouTube Video Discovery Ads
- In YouTube search results, you'll see an ad at the bottom of the page. This is a video discovery ad. For example, Order Metrics has a 1 minute and 50 second ad for their ultimate profit dashboard for e-commerce. You'll be charged as soon as you click on the ad, regardless of whether you watch the entire video or not.
- Alongside other YouTube videos, you'll see a video discovery ad on the right-hand side of the screen. For example, when watching Surfside PPC's Pinterest Ads tutorial, you might see an ad for Webnode, a website maker.
Creating a YouTube Video Discovery Ad Campaign
- Make sure your YouTube account is linked to your Google Ads account.
- Check out Surfside PPC's YouTube advertising tutorials playlist for more information.
- In Google Ads, create a new campaign with a product and brand consideration goal.
- Choose video and then influencer consideration as the campaign subtype.
- Set your budget, date, and bidding strategy (maximum CPV).
- Choose where you want your ad to appear (YouTube search results and videos).
- Set your language and location preferences.
- Consider content exclusion options.
- Create your ad group and choose your targeting options (such as demographics and custom intent audiences).
- Set your CPV bid.
- Create your ad with a headline, description, and ad name.
- Test different targeting and ads to find the best strategy.
If you're interested in YouTube video discovery ads, it's important to understand how they work and how to create an effective campaign. By following these steps, you can create ads that appear in YouTube search results and alongside other videos. Remember to test different targeting and ad strategies to find what works best for your business. Good luck!
In stream vs. discovery ads
Starting out with YouTube advertising can be confusing, especially when it comes to differentiating between in-stream and video discovery ads. In this article, we will break down the differences and explore the strategies that work best for each type of ad.
- These ads appear as you are watching a video and are not skippable.
- They are often 15-30 seconds long and can appear in the middle of a video.
- In-stream ads require a video ad that can be created to convert viewers into customers.
Video Discovery Ads:
- These ads appear when you are searching for videos or when you are finished watching a video.
- They are not skippable and can be found in the sponsored videos list or the recommended videos section.
- Video discovery ads only require an attractive thumbnail image and some text to get viewers to click on your ad.
- For in-stream ads, focus on creating a compelling video ad that can convert viewers into customers.
- For video discovery ads, focus on creating an eye-catching thumbnail and compelling text to get viewers to click on your ad.
- Consider your advertising goals and audience when choosing which type of ad to use.
Understanding the difference between in-stream and video discovery ads is crucial when it comes to advertising on YouTube. By utilizing the right strategy for each type of ad, you can maximize your advertising efforts and reach your target audience effectively.
How To Create YouTube TrueView Video Discovery Ads
Starting a new YouTube channel can be difficult without a large following, but there is an easy method to quickly boost views and subscribers. In this article, we will go over how to create video discovery ads to get your channel up and running.
Creating Video Discovery Ads:
1. Access your Google Ads account and select the campaign tab.
2. Click on the blue circle icon with the plus sign to create a new campaign.
3. Select create a campaign without goals guidance to get more views and subscribers for the lowest price.
4. Select video as your campaign type and custom video settings as your campaign subtype.
5. Create a campaign name, select maximum CPV as your bidding strategy, and set your daily budget.
6. Select the network, languages, and locations where you want your ad campaign to appear.
7. Create an ad group and select the demographics and audience for this group.
8. Narrow your reach by selecting keywords, topics, or placements.
9. Set your maximum CPV bid and create your first ad with a headline, description, and thumbnail.
10. Preview your ad and click on create campaign to launch your ad campaign.
Creating video discovery ads is an easy and inexpensive way to boost views and subscribers for your new YouTube channel. By following these simple steps, you can start gaining traction and growing your audience quickly.