Unlisted Shopify Products: Hidden Gems
In this video, Abhishek, a Shopify partner, shares tips and tricks for Shopify. In this particular video, he shows how to hide a product from the online store, specifically from collections and search results.
Reasons for hiding a product:
- Customized product for a specific customer
- Selling add-ons
Places where customers can find a product:
- Search results
How to hide a product:
1. Hide it from search results using meta fields
- Create a product meta field with the name space and key as seo.hidden
- Set the value as 1 to hide the product
- Save the product settings
2. Hide it from all collections by creating a custom collection
- Exclude products of a certain type from the custom collection
- Set the custom collection as the default all collection
By following the steps provided by Abhishek, you can successfully hide a product from the online store's collections and search results. This technique is useful for customized products or selling add-ons while maintaining the product's availability for specific customers or during checkout.
Create Private Collection For Tagged Customers (Shopify Tutorial)
In this video, the speaker addresses a question left on one of their previous videos on how to make a collection private. They will be demonstrating how to create a collection page with password protection, allowing only certain customers with specific tags to view the products on that page.
1. Create a new collection in the Products section, tagging it with a specific label like Chanel to make it private.
2. Create a new template for the collection in the Theme section, duplicating the existing collection template and naming it Private Collection.
3. Add Liquid code to the Private Collection template, including an if statement to check if the customer has the VIP tag.
4. Create a new page in the Pages section, titled No Access, with text explaining that the collection is private and prompting customers to join the VIP member list to view it.
5. Add the Private Collection to the Online Store navigation for easy access.
6. Test the collection by attempting to view it while not authenticated, then logging in with a customer account with the VIP tag and attempting to view it again.
By following these steps, the speaker has demonstrated how to make a collection private on a Shopify store, allowing only approved customers to view the products on that page. They suggest adding additional features like email forms or account creation buttons to further customize the experience.
How to Hide Products from Shopify Site Search - NO apps or coding required
How to Hide Products from Shopify Site Search
In this article, we will go over how to hide certain products from your Shopify site search without using any apps or coding.
1. Identify the products you want to hide from search results
2. Access the bulk editor by entering your Shopify admin URL followed by /admin/bulk
3. Add ?resource_name=product&edit=metafields.seo_hidden.value&metafield_predicate=equals&metafield_value=1 to the end of the URL
4. This will bring up all of your products in a bulk editor with a hidden column
5. In the hidden column, put a 1 next to the products you want to hide from search results
6. Save your changes
7. Clear your browser cache or do a hard refresh if necessary
8. Check that the products are now hidden from your site search
Hiding products from your Shopify site search can be a useful feature, especially if you are doing split testing with multiple products on your store. With this method, you don't need any apps or coding knowledge to achieve this functionality. Remember to always test and check that your changes are working as expected. If you have any questions or need further assistance, leave a comment below or consider a free consultation with the author.
Gempages Unlisted from Shopify | What Happened to Gempages on Shopify App Store?
Hey everyone, today I'm going to be discussing the situation with Gem Pages, why it's not on the Shopify app store, and some alternative solutions that you can use to keep running your store. Even with this new problem we have with Gem Pages, there are still ways to keep your store up and running. Let's dive into it!
Gem Pages is a popular app used by many Shopify store owners to create custom pages for their online stores. However, recently, Gem Pages was unlisted from the Shopify app store due to a violation of community guidelines. As a result, the app won't be available for the next six months.
So, what are some alternative solutions that you can use? Here are a few options:
1. Gem Pages Facebook Group: Gem Pages has an official Facebook group that you can join. It's a private group where you can see all their news and updates. It's a great place to stay up to date with any changes and get support from other Gem Pages users.
2. Buy a Store with Gem Pages Installed: There are many people in the Gem Pages Facebook group offering their stores for sale. You can purchase a store that already has Gem Pages installed and continue using it until it's back on the app store.
3. PageFly: PageFly is a great alternative to Gem Pages. It's a free app with paid plans available. It has all the features you need to create custom pages for your store.
Pros and Cons of PageFly:
- Free plan available
- Easy to customize with custom code
- Analytics available
- Great for one product stores
- Limited number of pages for the base paid plan
- Fewer presets than Gem Pages
In conclusion, while Gem Pages may be unlisted from the Shopify app store, there are still ways to keep your store up and running. Join the Gem Pages Facebook group, buy a store with Gem Pages installed, or use an alternative like PageFly. It's important to remember that Gem Pages will be back on the app store in early November. Until then, these alternative solutions can help you keep your store running smoothly.
How To Build ‘QUALITY ’Shopify Dropshipping Stores Course - (Part 1)
In this article, we will be discussing how to open your own Shopify store from scratch. We will cover everything from designing a website to finding winning products and connecting them to your store. Here are the steps we will be taking:
1. Choose a theme for your store
- We recommend using the Debutify theme, which can be downloaded for free from daybeautify.com.
2. Find a winning product
- We advise finding a winning product first before designing your store around it. This will help you tailor your website to your product and increase conversions.
3. Connect your AliExpress supplier to your product page
- Download the Oberlo app and connect it to your Shopify store. You can easily import products from AliExpress and fulfill orders automatically.
4. Customize your theme and add your featured product
- Use the theme settings to remove any unnecessary features and simplify your website. Add your featured product to your homepage to increase visibility and sales.
5. Write compelling product descriptions and company features
- Use good grammar and bullet points to highlight the important features of your product and company. Make sure to include delivery times, shipping details, and satisfaction guarantees.
By following these steps, you can create a successful Shopify store that attracts customers and generates sales. Remember to focus on finding a winning product first and tailoring your website to it, and don't be afraid to experiment and make changes along the way.
Create & Sync Products from Merchize to Shopify
Integrating your Shopify store and Merchize allows you to synchronize products and orders instantly between both platforms, making it easier to manage your store with ease and productivity. This tutorial explains how you can connect your Shopify store with Merchize and sync your products from Merchize to Shopify stores.
Steps to set up integration:
1. Go to seller.merchize.com to sign into your Merchize account.
2. Under the integration tab, click Shopify foreign field.
3. Enter your Shopify store name and select connect.
4. If it's your first time connecting, an app authentication window may appear. Click install unlisted app button and your accounts will be linked automatically.
5. After setup integration, there are two main ways to create product listings.
Creating product listings:
1. First, list products individually by clicking create campaign in the products section.
2. Use the create campaign feature to create product mock-ups.
3. Select products from the catalog and click design.
4. Choose available colors, set the price, and upload an existing artwork.
5. Resize, reposition, rotate, and keep the design within the print area.
6. Add collections, tags, and description to the campaign.
7. Click publish to create the campaign.
Syncing product listings:
1. Go to the product you want to sync to Shopify store.
2. Change the description, increase or decrease the prices by a percentage or a fixed amount.
3. In the connected platforms section, select the store you wish to list by clicking the publish button.
4. You can also list products in bulk by selecting multiple products at once and clicking the list products on channels button in the drop-down action menu.
5. In the pop-up window, select integrated channel and stores you wish these products listed.
6. Click publish, and your bulk listing will go live on Shopify storefront.
1. Go to the product detail page and update the listing information.
2. Click save on the top or bottom right corner of the page.
3. Select the store that you wish to raise sync by clicking the update button.
4. Perform all product updates and Merchize and publish those changes to Shopify.
In conclusion, integrating your Shopify store with Merchize can help you manage your store with ease and productivity. By synchronizing products and orders, you can easily list and sell products on Shopify storefronts and multiple sales channels.
Web scraping Shopify - easily download all products
In this article, we will learn how to scrape product information from Shopify stores using Python requests and the JSON library. This method is much easier than scraping each individual product page and is specific to Shopify stores.
1. Import requests and JSON library and set the URL to the JSON data file.
2. Use requests to get the JSON object and load it into a data variable.
3. Loop through the JSON to get the information we need.
4. Use a nested loop to get variant information for each product.
5. Create a dictionary for each product and add it to a list.
6. Use pandas to create a data frame from the list and export it to a CSV file.
- Shopify stores have product information in a JSON object that can be accessed by adding /products.json after the store's URL.
- Variants contain important information like SKU, price, and availability.
- Use try and accept to handle errors like missing images.
- Use pandas to create a data frame and export to a CSV file for easy analysis.
- This method can be used to scrape data from multiple Shopify stores and create a big data set for analysis or to track product availability and sales.
- Amazon FBA Shopify App: Boost Your Sales
- Battle of E-commerce Platforms: Shopify vs OpenCart vs Magento
- Set up Shopify domain emails
- Shopify App Boosts Charity Donations
- Shopify's NFT Marketplace
- Worten + Shopify Integration
- Intro to Shopify
- Validate Shopify Emails for Better Business
- Shopify Bundle App: Create Product Bundles
- Filter Shopify Products by Price