Vision Statements Of Top Brands + How To Guide
A vision statement is a statement that outlines the aspirations and values of a company. It is an important component of any successful business strategy. In this article, we will be discussing the vision statements of top brands and how to create an effective vision statement for your own business.
Section 1: Examples of Vision Statements
- Apple: “We believe that we are on the face of the earth to make great products and that’s not changing.”
- Amazon: “To be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.”
- Nike: “To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world.”
- Google: “To organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.”
- Coca-Cola: “To refresh the world in mind, body, and spirit. To inspire moments of optimism and happiness through our brands and actions.”
Section 2: How to Create an Effective Vision Statement
1. Define your purpose: Your vision statement should clearly communicate the purpose of your business. Ask yourself, what do we do and why do we do it?
2. Focus on the future: Your vision statement should be forward-thinking and future-oriented. Ask yourself, where do we want to be in five, ten, or twenty years?
3. Keep it concise: Your vision statement should be short and memorable. A great vision statement can be recited by anyone in your company.
4. Make it inspiring: Your vision statement should inspire and motivate your employees. It should be a source of pride and a rallying cry for your team.
5. Be authentic: Your vision statement should reflect your company’s values and culture. It should be a true representation of who you are as a business.
Creating an effective vision statement is an important step in building a successful business. By looking at the vision statements of top brands and following the steps outlined in this article, you can create a vision statement that will inspire and guide your team towards a successful future.
Vision Statements Of Top Brands + How To Guide
- Arek from Ebaqdesign discussing vision statements of famous brands and how to write one for your own brand or clients
- Vision statement is a short phrase describing the future your brand is ultimately working towards
- It helps to navigate the brand towards the right direction, make meaningful decisions, and influence long-term business decisions
- Brand strategy includes vision statement, purpose statement, and core values
- A sound brand vision helps to set priorities, allocate resources, and ensure everyone is working towards common goals and objectives
Examples of famous brands and their vision statements:
- Starbucks: To be the premier purveyor of the finest coffee in the world
- Nike: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete in the world
- Visa: To be the most trusted means of payment transaction, to be the best way to pay and be paid for everyone everywhere
- Southwest: To become the world's most loved, most flown, and most profitable airline
- eBay: Our vision for commerce is one that is enabled by people, powered by technology, and open to everyone
- Tesla: To create the most compelling electric car company of the 21st century, to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy
- Google: To provide access to the world's information in one click
Guidelines for writing a vision statement:
- Clarity: easy to understand, avoid jargon and buzzwords
- Concise: 5 to 15 words max, use short words, and avoid long words (12 letters or more)
- To the point: use one word string like A, B, and C, don't make sentences too complicated
- Ask two questions to fuel your brainstorming session: 1) What would the world look like if this problem was solved? 2) If you were completely successful, what would this look like for you and your customers?
- Make sure the vision statement is achievable and the organization is capable of responding to the strategic imperative
- The best vision statement won't win, the one that actually gets implemented will
- Crafting a vision statement requires a branding exercise to align stakeholders and reach an agreement fast
- Use the Brand Strategy guide to craft your vision statement step by step and download worksheets
- Come up with a few strong options for your brand vision and ensure it's achievable and supported by the organization
- Like and subscribe to Ebaqdesign's channel for tips on branding strategy and design.
- Positioning Statements of Top Brands + How To Guide
- 7 Brand Strategy Examples (Top Brands)
- How To Create Brand Names with Alexandra Watkins (Podcast)
- Essential Brand Building Steps with Kevin Budelmann (Podcast)
- Branding For Small Businesses with Gregory V. Diehl (Podcast)
- Brand Naming Process with Rob Meyerson (Podcast)
- Tips for Effective Logo Design with Armin Vit (Podcast)
- Creative Brainstorming Techniques with Kevin Duncan (Podcast)
- Brand Identity for Startups with Radim Malinic
- Becoming A Brand Master with Marty Neumeier