weis markets ads
Hey everyone! We're kicking off this article with an exciting keynote from Ron Benachi, VP of Marketing and Advertising at Weiss Markets. I spoke to Mark a few weeks ago about the amazing work he's doing at Weiss, and I knew we had to have him on. After seeing the poll results and the challenges posed by data, infrastructure, and silos, it's clear that we're on the right track by starting with Ron.
Ron has a wealth of experience, having helped build the legendary loyalty and CRM program at Kroger. He's also worked at SNH Food City and United Supermarkets before joining Weiss, where he's spent the last three years building a data and marketing tech stack focused on personalization and increasing shopping cart value through AI.
Now, let's dive into Ron's presentation!
- Ron's career started at Kroger, where he launched the Kroger Plus card and revolutionized the marketing strategy.
- The card allowed for customer engagement and personalized offers through coupons and rewards.
- Kroger also introduced fuel rewards, tying the grocery shopping experience with gas discounts.
- The success of the Kroger Plus card led to the formation of club programs for associates, babies, kids, pharmacy, seniors, schools, and pets.
- Kroger's data-driven approach and partnership with Dunhummby propelled them to 52 consecutive quarters of same-store sales growth.
- Weiss Markets operates in a highly competitive grocery industry with convenience stores, drug marts, dollar stores, and other traditional food stores.
- Despite the competition, Weiss has achieved record sales growth and recognition as one of the best places to work in the industry.
- They have also been awarded for their quality beef, named the best retailer in the Northeast, and recognized as a top small company by Forbes.
- Weiss Markets reaches millions of people every week through various media channels, including print, TV, direct mailers, digital platforms, and sports marketing.
Ron Benachi's presentation showcased the success of data-driven marketing strategies in the grocery industry. Weiss Markets has demonstrated the power of personalization, loyalty programs, and targeted advertising to drive sales and customer engagement. Despite the intense competition, Weiss Markets has consistently achieved record growth and received industry recognition for their achievements.
By adopting similar strategies and leveraging data and technology, businesses in the grocery industry can overcome challenges and thrive in a highly competitive market. It's clear that understanding and catering to customer needs through personalized experiences is the key to success.
So, how can your business harness the power of data and marketing technology to grow and thrive in your industry?
Weis Market Field Trip
Today we will be taking a field trip to Weis Markets, a grocery store founded by Harry and Sigmund Weiss in 1912. Let's explore the different sections of the store and learn about the various goods they offer.
- Weis Markets, founded in 1912 by Harry and Sigmund Weiss, is a grocery store chain with locations in Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Virginia, and West Virginia.
- Jonathan, Harry's grandson, currently oversees the company.
- Weis Markets is a one-stop shop for all your grocery needs.
Exploring the Store:
- The store is divided into aisles, each assigned a different number.
- You can find a variety of items in the grocery store, from cereal to medicine and shampoo.
- The produce section is usually the first section you encounter when entering the store.
- It offers a wide selection of fresh fruits and vegetables, including bananas, apples, cucumbers, and carrots.
- The deli section is located next to the produce section.
- Here, you can get fresh-cut sandwich meat, cheese, and pasta salads.
- An employee will take your order and slice the meat for you.
- The fresh bakery at Weis Market is where you can get custom cakes made for any occasion.
- Lisa, the assistant manager, oversees the cake decorating and baking of fresh bread.
- The fresh seafood market is located next to the bakery.
- It offers live lobsters, various fish, and shrimp.
Customer Service Desk:
- Olivia, an employee at the customer service desk, provides information about her role.
- She assists customers with various inquiries and requests.
- Weis Market has holiday displays that consist of candies and goods.
- While these candies may not be essential goods like bread and dairy, they add a festive touch to the store.
Frozen Food Section:
- Consumers should always check the quality of frozen food goods before purchasing.
- It's important to ensure that the items are in good condition.
- Consumers can buy prepackaged meats or have them cut on the spot by a butcher.
- The butcher uses a scale to measure the weight of the meat and determine the price.
- Bethy is going through a line where her items will be scanned and bagged for her.
- It's advisable to use a Weis card for the best savings.
- Katie is in a self-checkout line, where she scans and bags her items herself.
- Weis Markets offers a wide range of goods for consumers, from fresh produce to custom cakes.
- It's important to check the quality of goods before purchasing, even in the frozen food section.
- After our field trip to Weis Markets, we hope you've learned a lot and feel prepared to purchase your own goods to consume.
Dave Hepfinger, President and CEO, Weis Markets -- Part 1 of 3
Welcome to Industry Talk! In this episode, we have Dave Heffinger, the President and CEO of Weis Markets, joining us. Let's dive into a general background about Weis Markets.
- Weis Markets is a regional grocery operator with 164 stores in five states.
- The core of our stores is in Pennsylvania, where we will be celebrating our hundredth anniversary next year.
- We are a scale operator, with an annual revenue of over two and a half billion dollars.
Now, let's talk about our market focus and what it means for the local consumer.
- Local is at the heart of what we do. We encourage our team members to be engaged with their local communities through outreach and fundraising.
- We also prioritize sourcing local products. We have sold about twenty-four million pounds of local produce through our stores in the past year.
- Additionally, we work with local growers to supply our stores with beef raised within a hundred miles of our stores and headquarters.
Shopper loyalty is crucial, so how do we maintain that connection with consumers?
- Tradition plays a significant role in maintaining shopper loyalty. We still rely on traditional advertising methods like flyers, which have been our core advertising vehicle.
- We have a loyalty card program that we have been using for over 15 years. With the data we collect, we can send personalized offers to our customers, incentivizing their behavior and increasing their purchases.
- We have a small percentage of customers who make up a significant portion of our business. We take great care of these customers and strive to incentivize others to become part of this elite group.
Weis Markets has a stellar record of being one of the most profitable retailers in the industry. What are the underpinnings of this success?
- The fiscal leadership of Robert Wise and his family has been crucial to our success. We are a debt-free company and own the majority of our stores, allowing us to operate from a position of strength.
- This financial stability enables us to be more aggressive in promotions and growth. We have aggressive plans for growth, with $120 million in capital expenditures planned for this year alone.
In the next episode of Industry Talk, Dave Heffinger will discuss how Weis Markets is improving the shopping experience for customers and expanding its value proposition. Stay tuned!
Weis Markets, Catawissa PA. A tiny gem from yesteryear!
In the other corner, we have Music, and nobody does Music like the House. We criticize a format and we desire Music, the wizards of fixture Walters, a pinch of seasoning. We start with Music, the finest thing, the most Moorish verses. With its coasts, let's say that my memory is Friday. Things, well, we have the rich of fables, the highest heights. Scholes and with this in mind, and hands, I'm not a fan, they are enormous. To the state, before being law, in reality, it is. And then I go, in my opinion, this tells us to give our lives. Jones, to the south.
- Music and the House: A Critique and Desire
- The Magic of Music: Exploring Its Power
1. The Critique of a Format
- Music and the House: Challenging Traditional Formats
- Desiring Music: Breaking Free from Conventions
- The Wizards of Fixture Walters: Adding a Pinch of Seasoning
2. The Finest Thing: Exploring the Beauty of Music
- Moorish Verses: Unveiling the Captivating Lyrics
- With Coasts: Navigating the Diverse Sounds of Music
- Friday Memories: Recalling the Impact of Music
3. Beyond the Surface: Delving into Deeper Meanings
- Fables of the Rich: Uncovering Hidden Messages in Music
- Reaching New Heights: Exploring the Boundaries of Musical Expression
- Scholes and Beyond: Pushing the Limits of Artistic Creativity
4. Embracing Music: A Personal Perspective
- Enormous Fans: The Devotion of Music Lovers
- The State of Music: From Concept to Reality
- The Journey Within: Reflecting on the Impact of Music
- Giving Our Lives to Music: The Ultimate Expression of Passion
- Jones to the South: Exploring the Uncharted Territories of Music
Weis - National Ice Cream Month
July is a special month because it is National Ice Cream month, and what better way to celebrate than with Weis Quality Ice Cream? With over 60 delicious flavors, there is something to please every palate. In this article, Jami Hanafishe, the community relations and event management specialist at Weis Markets, will tell us more about the amazing ice cream they offer.
- Red, White, and Blue Berry: A refreshing treat with vanilla, raspberry, and blueberry ice cream.
- Orange Twirl: A creamy orange creamsicle flavor, perfect for summer.
- Peach: A classic fruit flavor that is just as refreshing as a cobbler.
- Vanilla Bean: Made with Madagascar vanilla beans, this creamy vanilla ice cream is a customer favorite.
Toppings and Sauces:
- Sprinkles, peanuts, peanut butter, strawberries, chocolates, pineapples, caramel, and more. The options are endless!
- Reese's Peanut Butter Topping: A unique topping that adds a delicious twist to your ice cream.
Making it a Fun Activity:
- Create your own ice cream parlor at home and involve your kids.
- Find recipes on their website or Facebook page to try new and exciting combinations.
Convenience and Locations:
- Weis Markets has two locations in Maryland and over 200 locations overall.
- Purchase online and opt for curbside pickup with Wise to Go.
- Visit Weis Markets' website for more information and to find a location near you.
Don't miss out on celebrating National Ice Cream month with Weis Quality Ice Cream. Their locally sourced ingredients and creative flavors make for a delicious and refreshing summer treat. Whether you prefer classic flavors or want to get creative with toppings, Weis Markets has something for everyone. Visit their website or one of their convenient locations to indulge in the perfect scoop of ice cream.
How to save at Weis Markets on Fantastic Friday 💥extended through Sunday 😃 4/9 - 4/11
Hello, hello, hello! It's Nicolenicole here, and boy do I have something special for you today. I haven't brought you a lot of deals from Wise Market, but lately they've been having some fantastic deals. So, I want to share with you some of their Fantastic Friday deals. And guess what? These deals are not just happening on Friday, they've extended them through Sunday. So, let's get ready to save!
- Wise Market has been having some fantastic deals lately.
- These Fantastic Friday deals are happening from April 9th to April 11th.
- Get ready to save money with these amazing deals.
Fantastic Friday Deals:
- Choice T-bone steaks and Porterhouse steaks are only $6.99 a pound.
- Buy one get one free on fresh baby back pork ribs and Hatfield Kansas City flavor ribs.
- Purdue breast or fresh cuts are buy one get one free.
- Wise to go chicken tenders are a quick and easy option.
- Prime rib or New York strip burgers are $6.99.
- Sargento shredded cheese is buy one get one free. Use a coupon to save even more.
- Cool Whip is also buy one get one free.
- Selected General Mills large size cereals are buy two get one free. Use a coupon for additional savings.
- Utz and/or US kettle chips, Martin popcorn, and Hers tortilla chips are all buy one get one free.
- Wonder hot dog rolls or hamburger rolls are buy one get one free.
- Balsamic olive oil is also buy one get one free.
- There are various deals on fruits, produce, and bakery goods.
The Best Deal:
- Dawn dish detergent is on sale for $1.99.
- Choose the 16.2 to 19.4 ounce bottle.
- Use a coupon to save even more.
- Stock up on this amazing deal.
- Wise Market is offering fantastic deals from April 9th to April 11th.
- Take advantage of the buy one get one free deals and discounts on various products.
- Don't forget to use coupons to save even more.
- Hurry and grab these deals before they sell out.
- Let me know which deals you're excited about and how much money you saved.
- Subscribe to my channel and stay updated on the latest deals.
Weis Markets/CVS Coupon Haul - SLOW Week!
Hello, it's Sunday, February 23rd, 2014. Welcome, welcome! I really had to fight this week to try to make anything good come out of this, but here we go. How do you wise markets today? Pardon my reach, and I no curtain up here because I've got leaking water out of the walls and the ceiling, and melting, and it's crazy. So you get an outside brick wall view today.
- Goldfish macaroni and cheese from Pepperidge Farm. These are new and they are in the shape of a freaking goldfish. How awesome is that? These are on sale for ten for ten dollars apiece. I was able to print a 55 cent coupon off coupons.com, which doubled to a dollar, making them fifty cents a box. I was able to get two coupons.
- Herr's potato chips. These are made in Pennsylvania, so you probably might be a Pennsylvania thing. Wise markets, which is in Pennsylvania, has them on sale today for one dollar and seventy-seven cents. I have some salt and vinegar and some honey BBQ flavored potato chips. These retail for $2.99, but they're on sale for one dollar and seventy-seven cents today. You can also get a Smart Source coupon for one dollar off any Herr's potato chips, making them only seventy-seven cents a bag. That's a hella deal!
- I bought four boxes of goldfish mac and cheese and two bags of Herr's potato chips. I paid a total of four dollars and forty-four cents, which is a sixty-nine percent savings at ten dollars and ten cents. At the bottom, it says grow with me. I don't know how I'm supposed to be growing with Wise. That must be some promotion I am unaware of.
- At CVS Pharmacy, it's a slow week. From the coupon machine, you're going to get a coupon for thirty percent off your CVS brand or total home purchase. This is up to a ninety-nine dollar value. Holy crap! You're also going to get a coupon for thirty cents off a 7UP, Sunkist, or Canada Dry Ginger Ale two-liter. These are on sale for ninety-nine cents, so with the coupon and sales tax, you'll be paying seventy-three cents. Today, I saved a dollar forty, which is a sixty-seven percent savings.
- That's all I got this week. There's Excedrin, buy twenty dollars worth, get ten dollars back. You can print some one-dollar coupons. I don't know how much damn Excedrin one person needs. There's also a deal on Total 360 toothbrushes. How many toothbrushes do you need?
- I spent way less than ten dollars this week, so that is good. Alright, well, the sun is coming out here. I believe the polar vortex is coming back. It was like 24 degrees this morning and rather frosty. Summer will be here before you know it. We'll be able to open up this window, actually probably not, because water likes to still come in here unless they actually fix the problem, which they're working on. They gotta fix the roof. The wall over here was leaking. It had a lot of waterfall coming down there. The ceiling up there is all moldy. It's fantastic.
- It was an exciting week, but yeah, until next week, I'll be here. I think I'll be here for a while, so not too many running off to New Jersey and gambling weekends unless they're impromptu. Alright, that's all I got for you. How do you fellas like the coupon haul? I guess I bought seven things. Not bad. Until next week, thanks for watching.