All the Little Steps to Get Started with the Google Ads API
The Google Ads API is a powerful tool for managing Google Ads campaigns, but getting started with it can be challenging. In this article, we will walk you through the process of authenticating with the Google Ads API and making your first API call. We will cover everything from obtaining your developer access token to getting the refresh token for any user.
1. Obtaining the Developer Access Token:
- You need an MCC (Google Manager Account) to obtain the developer access token.
- Go to the Tools and Settings Setup and API Center and fill out the form.
- You will be given a test token, but if you want to operate on live accounts, click Apply for Basic Access.
- Create a test account under a test MCC if you don't have a live account yet.
2. Obtaining the OAuth Credentials:
- Create a Google Cloud project and enable the Google Ads API.
- Create the OAuth consent screen and configure it.
- Create the OAuth credentials (web application) and copy them to a safe place.
- Click Push to Production to make it live.
3. Obtaining the Refresh Token:
- Use the OAuth playground to generate the refresh token.
- Exercise caution with the refresh token and don't share it around.
Getting started with the Google Ads API can be challenging, but by following these little steps, you can authenticate with the API and make your first API call. Remember to exercise caution with the refresh token and don't share it around. If you want to build a full-scale application, this article will get you started in the right direction.
Social Media Marketing Tutorial - Explore Facebook Ads API
- The importance of experimenting with Facebook ads through API
- Creating a developer account and Facebook app
- Generating an access code
- Retrieving account information (name, amount spent)
- Accessing campaigns and ads
- Retrieving ad creatives (title, body, image URL)
- Editing or creating new ads through post requests
- Reviewing the marketing API reference for available end points and parameters
- API offers more capabilities than ads manager
- Even non-coders can benefit from exploring the API
- Utilizing the Facebook API can lead to more efficient and effective ad campaigns
- By exploring and experimenting with the API, businesses can automate and improve their ad strategies.
A-to-Z: Amazon Advertising API and advanced reporting
- Introduction to A to Z Amazon Advertising API and Advanced Reporting
- Speaker's background and expertise
- Purpose of the session and what to expect
- Agenda for the day
General Points on APIs:
- Explanation of pre-built user interface and backend system
- Example of Amazon Ads console and how it connects to the backend system
- Introduction to APIs and their purpose
- Definition of API and its function
- Examples of everyday use of APIs in tiknology
Basics of API Requests:
- Explanation of queries used by APIs (GET, POST, PUT, DELETE)
- Comparison of using a console versus using an API for report automation
Benefits of Using APIs:
- Customizability and flexibility of applications
- Ability to create unique tiknologies and advertising solutions
- Improved control over system appearance and functionality
- Use of machine learning algorithms for automatik adjustments
Capabilities of Amazon Advertising API and Retail Selling Partner API:
- Overview of features and capabilities
- Examples of differentiated applications created using these APIs
Example of Basic Reporting Setup:
- Step-by-step walkthrough of a basic reporting setup using Amazon Advertising API
- Explanation of how APIs are used to pull information from the backend system
- Recap of key points covered in the session
- Encouragement to submit questions and continue learning about APIs
- Importance of considering API integration for scaling and optimizing one's own business.
TikTok Ads API Tutorial: Ad groups, Ads and creating a report
In this article, we will explore how to get all ad groups belonging to a TikTok campaign and how to get ad level data for a particular ad set or number of ads. We will also take a look at reporting data to see if we can spot some similarities to Facebook.
- We successfully obtained our access token and campaign data for one of our ad accounts.
- Now, we will move through the other steps quickly.
1. Get all ad groups belonging to a TikTok campaign
- Use the Business API (businessapitik.com) with version 1.2 and the campaign get function
- Add the advertiser ID and page size
- Apply the campaign ID filter using filtering as an object
- Supply campaign ID as a list of numbers
2. Get ad level data for a particular ad set or number of ads
- Use the ad group IDs filter instead of campaign ID filter
- Supply ad group ID
- Only one ad will be returned if there is only one in the ad group
- Create a basic report to get ad level data
- Use dimensions to group data by ad
- Metrics include campaign name, campaign ID, ad group ID, etc.
- Add additional attributes such as spend and sk ad network metrics
- Supply a campaign filter using a fake array wrapped around in quotation marks
- We have successfully obtained campaign data, ad group data, and ad level data for a particular ad set or number of ads.
- We also explored reporting data to see similarities with Facebook.
Create & update Facebook Ads with an API: Tutorial
Today, we will learn how to create an ad through the Facebook API. We will start by examining an existing ad and extracting all the relevant information before making changes and eventually creating our own ad. Before we begin, let me introduce our company, Kitchen iO, which builds technology for B2C companies driven by performance marketing.
Steps to Create an Ad:
1. Start by selecting an existing ad and extracting all the parameters, including the headline, primary text, website URL, call to action button, and URL parameter.
2. Use the Graph API Explorer to access the Facebook API and request additional fields to get more information about the ad, such as the ad set, bid amount, campaign ID, effective status, tracking specs, ad creative, and leads.
3. Once you have all the information, you can preview the ad using the shareable link provided by the API.
4. To make changes to the ad, you will need to access the creative field, where the headline, primary text, and other creative elements are stored.
5. Update the ad with your changes and submit it for review.
Creating an ad through the Facebook API can seem daunting, but by following these steps and using the Graph API Explorer, you can easily extract and manipulate all the relevant information to create your own ad. With the right technology, such as that provided by Kitchen iO, you can streamline this process and focus on performance marketing without needing to dive deep into the code.
The Advertising API
Advertising is an effective way to grab the attention of consumers. Bol.com offers various ways to efficiently manage these advertisements.
Options for managing Bol.com advertisements:
1. Advertising via Bol.com environment:
- Standard option available through the advertising environment.
2. Bol.com Advertising API:
- You can build your own application or choose one offered by a third party.
- Useful for various scenarios, such as:
- Limited product assortment sold on Bol.com.
- Large number of sponsored product campaigns or a wide assortment to advertise on Bol.com.
- Manual management of ads takes up too much time.
- Frequent changes in inventory status require constant updates to advertisements.
- Spending a lot of time analyzing and optimizing sponsored product campaigns on Bol.com.
Using the Bol.com Advertising API:
- Allows for communication between two different applications (API stands for Application Programming Interface).
- Advertisements can be managed in a self-built or third-party application instead of the Bol.com user interface.
- Can help save time or create overview by automating tasks or optimizations for ongoing campaigns.
Benefits of using advertising applications based on the Bol.com Advertising API:
- Provides ease and overview over different channels, media, and platforms.
- Enables easy structuring of comprehensive campaigns for sponsored products.
- Automates rule-based changes to campaigns for better advertising outcomes.
- Saves time and allows for more focus on entrepreneurship.
Managing Bol.com advertisements through the Bol.com Advertising API can be an efficient way to advertise products on the platform. It offers various benefits, such as automation and improved advertising outcomes, which can save time and allow for more focus on entrepreneurship. For more information, visit the partner platform or supplier platform.
Google Ads API Workshop - Spring 2019 - Overview
Devon Chasse, a developer advocate at Google, welcomes everyone to the presentation on Google Ads API. The aim of the presentation is to ensure a better experience for users by understanding their needs and use cases. The presentation covers account management, authentication, resources and services, special services, developer tools, and client libraries.
To begin using Google Ads API, users need a Google Ads manager account, a developer token, a client customer ID, and an OAuth2 client ID and secret pair. These credentials are used for authentication and authorization to access the API. Users can obtain their developer token by going to the API center and following the prompts. Similarly, the OAuth2 credentials can be obtained from the Google API console by enabling the Google Ads API in the API library.
Resources and Services:
Resources and services are the building blocks of the Google Ads API. Resources are conceptual entities within the platform, such as campaigns, customers, groups, and keywords. These resources are represented by objects in the client libraries, and they encapsulate all the information about that particular resource. Resource names are used to identify each unique resource, and they follow a structure that is similar to RESTful APIs.
Google Ads API offers a powerful platform for managing campaigns and advertising on Google. By understanding the basics of account management, authentication, resources and services, special services, developer tools, and client libraries, users can make the most of the API and enhance their advertising experience.