Creation Vs. Consumption | Drop Ship Weekly 36
The topic of creation versus consumption has become increasingly important in the digital age. With the rise of social media and e-commerce, it's easy to fall into the trap of mindlessly scrolling and purchasing. But is this constant consumption fulfilling? Or are we missing out on the satisfaction of creating something ourselves? In this week's Drop Ship Weekly, we'll explore the benefits of creating versus consuming.
Benefits of Creation:
1. Personal fulfillment: There's a sense of pride and satisfaction in creating something with your own two hands.
2. Improved mental health: Studies show that engaging in creative activities can reduce stress and anxiety.
3. Improved physical health: Creative pursuits such as gardening or DIY projects can increase physical activity and improve overall health.
4. New skills: Learning a new skill through a creative pursuit can open doors to new opportunities and experiences.
5. Social connections: Joining a creative community or collaborating on a project can lead to new friendships and connections.
Benefits of Consumption:
1. Convenience: Online shopping and social media make it easy to access a variety of products and content.
2. Entertainment: Movies, TV shows, and books provide a form of escapism and entertainment.
3. Inspiration: Consuming content such as art or music can inspire and spark creativity in oneself.
4. Economic benefits: Consumption fuels the economy and creates jobs.
While consumption has its benefits, it's important to remember the value of creation. Engaging in creative pursuits can bring personal fulfillment, improve mental and physical health, and lead to new opportunities and connections. So next time you find yourself mindlessly scrolling or shopping online, consider putting your energy towards a creative project instead.
- Anton from Dropship Lifestyle discusses consumption versus creation and his approach to balancing the two.
My Rules for Consumption:
- Two circles, one for consumption and one for creation.
- Choosing between consumption and creation: choose creation for joy, happiness, and wealth.
- Balancing consumption and creation: focus on consuming information that can be implemented or lead to partnerships.
- Danger of consuming without implementing or partnering: leads to jealousy, envy, and being overwhelmed.
- Ready, Fire, Aim by Michael Masterson: a book on direct response companies that Anton has read multiple times and implements ideas from.
- Content Machine by Dan Norris: a book by someone in Anton's network that could lead to partnership opportunities.
- Eliminate the danger of consuming without implementing or partnering by focusing on implementing or finding partnership opportunities.
- True happiness and wealth come from creation, so spend most of your time in the creation circle.
- If you find yourself stuck in the consumption circle, stop consuming and move on to creating something that makes you proud.
- Drop Shipping Webinar Q & A | Drop Ship Weekly 37
- Get REAL Drop Ship Suppliers | Drop Ship Weekly 38
- Advanced Google Shopping Campaign Optimization (PLAs)
- Outsourcing For eCommerce | Drop Ship Weekly 39
- THE FINAL EPISODE | Drop Ship Weekly 40
- How Much Does It ACTUALLY Cost to Dropship? [Shopify Startup Costs]
- Drop Ship Lifestyle 2017 Retreat Information
- Why You Shouldn’t Use A Drop Ship Supplier List
- Drop Ship Lifestyle 1-On-1 Coaching Program // Phase 2
- The Truth About Drop Shipping On Amazon [dropshipping on Amazon]