HOW TO DO CREATIVE TESTING PROPERLY
Creative testing is an essential step in the marketing process that can determine the success or failure of a campaign. However, it is crucial to conduct it correctly to obtain accurate results that can inform future decisions. In this article, we will explore how to do creative testing properly and effectively.
I. Understanding Creative Testing
- Definition and purpose
- Importance of reliable data
- Different types of creative testing
II. Planning and Preparation
- Setting clear objectives and goals
- Defining the target audience
- Choosing the right testing method
- Selecting relevant metrics and KPIs
- Creating variations of the creative
- Randomizing and controlling variables
- Conducting the test and collecting data
- Analyzing and interpreting the results
IV. Best Practices
- Testing one variable at a time
- Testing multiple times for consistency
- Using a large enough sample size
- Being mindful of biases and limitations
Creative testing is a vital aspect of marketing that requires careful planning, execution, and analysis. By following the best practices and utilizing reliable data, marketers can make informed decisions that can drive better results and ROI. Remember to test, learn, and iterate to continuously improve your creative and achieve success in your marketing efforts.
HOW TO DO CREATIVE TESTING PROPERLY
How to Properly Test Ads on Facebook for Long-Term Success
Investing heavily in unproven and unstable assets is a bad business model. Testing ads for a week and then scaling your entire business on unproven assets is a recipe for failure. In this article, we will explore how to test ads on Facebook in a way that creates high-value and high-confidence assets worth investing in for the long-term.
1. Organize Ideas by Concept:
What is the business objective? What is the sales pitch angle? How can we attempt to do this in a few different ways? How do we overcome various objections?
2. Validate Ad Elements:
Primary text, headline, creative, images, and videos. Which versions drive the most efficient actions and improve our estimated action rate?
3. Use Dynamic Ads and Creatives:
Let the machine learning make all the choices and give it better and better options to learn from.
4. Extract Post IDs from Dynamic Creatives:
The only breakdown that matters in dynamic creative is spend. Extract the post ID by clicking on the timestamp in the URL.
5. Validate Post ID in Isolation:
Collate all the best post IDs of dynamic creatives into a single ad set within your campaign and run it against broad in your testing campaign.
6. Abandon Audiences Entirely:
If you consistently give the machine higher and higher quality choices to make on your behalf, it will push down your cost per action with every test, allowing you to scale your budget to the moon.
To scale your account and stabilize your results, abandon audiences and bidding models. Prioritize the development of high confidence and high-value assets that you can scale your investment in. Embrace Facebook's machine learning platform and give it better and better choices to learn from. Don't fight the wind; embrace it and win.
- TikTok and Facebook: identical cousins?
- The DEFINITIVE GUIDE to How Facebook Ads ACTUALLY WORK
- What is a Profitable Scaling Margin? How the EXPERTS scale business
- What Is Facebook Ad Fatigue?
- Facebook Ads Explained: Facebook Post IDs are actually Webpages
- Dynamic Ads in Facebook Ads Manager
- The DEFINITIVE GUIDE to Creative Testing with Facebook Ads
- What is oCPM & How does oCPM work
- What Data does Facebook Have after iOS14
- The DEFINITIVE GUIDE to Profitable Scaling Margin, the replacement to MER & ROAS